Glitzy Lips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
Oh dear had a wee play last night with my glitzy lips and I've managed to peel the skin off my top lip. Not sure if I've had a reaction to the glue or just tried too many times to apply the product. Not as easy as I thought it would be and didn't get my whole lip covered :irked:. Anybody else had this happen?

Oh no, I've just bought some today, so not had chance to test them yet, but I'm a bit apprehensive now! Hope that your top lip is ok, and not too painful!

I bought some today and tried em out on daughter and okay they aint perfect but they look fab and just about all lips are covered hehe.

Yes I did the same the skin came off both my lips but I thought it was because I went over too many times as I had bits missing x

I put them on myself on Friday, they went on easily and were perfect.

The key is the adhesive, you have to make sure you use enough and you have to make sure you shape it to your lips.

Lasted about 4 hours until I got home and started eating a sandwich.

Removed in less than 10 seconds.

Jacqui xx

I put them on myself on Friday, they went on easily and were perfect.

The key is the adhesive, you have to make sure you use enough and you have to make sure you shape it to your lips.

Lasted about 4 hours until I got home and started eating a sandwich.

Removed in less than 10 seconds.

Jacqui xx

Thanks Jacqui. Am so jealous you applied them so easily :lol:

Yes I did the same the skin came off both my lips but I thought it was because I went over too many times as I had bits missing x

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Did you manage to fill in the missing bits. I had to give up in the end :lol:

Oh no, I've just bought some today, so not had chance to test them yet, but I'm a bit apprehensive now! Hope that your top lip is ok, and not too painful!

Aaw sorry Rachael. Honest hun they look gorgeous and you might be fine. Just a bit gutted it was harder to apply and I've peeled the skin of my lips. Will be trying again though when it's heeled and hopefully I will be fine. Let us know how you get on with them :biggrin:

I bought some today and tried em out on daughter and okay they aint perfect but they look fab and just about all lips are covered hehe.

They are fab, I bet your daughter loved them :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
ive given up too. Mine r for sale on geekbay group if anyone wants to take a look. I just found filling in the bits awkward. And i dont think.theres 25 applications a pack at all imho xx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Make sure your letting your lip prime dry for quite awhile before applying the foil!! And also wipe your lips before! If any of you are at the show tomorrow we will still be demoing Glitzy lips so can come and pick up some tip! X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

ive given up too. Mine r for sale on geekbay group if anyone wants to take a look. I just found filling in the bits awkward. And i dont think.theres 25 applications a pack at all imho xx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I know hun when I saw the foil I was like EH 25 applications. I've applied it a few times and am thinking this aint going to last long LOL!!! I certainly won't be applying glitzy lips to my clients until I can master it myself and I'm a bit concerned I've ripped the skin on my top lip. I don't know if I've had a reaction to the glue or I've just been a bit crap at applying it and maybe too much at the one time? Totally gutted :mad:

Make sure your letting your lip prime dry for quite awhile before applying the foil!! And also wipe your lips before! If any of you are at the show tomorrow we will still be demoing Glitzy lips so can come and pick up some tip! X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I waited until the prime turned clear. What would you use to wipe your lips with? It's looks amazing on though, really affective just wished I didn't peel my skin off my lip as I can't practice now until that heals.

It took me a couple of goes to get the hang of it. I also think 25 applications is not possible!
I bought some of the trendy lip wraps today and they are really easy to apply and have lots of different designs!

It took me a couple of goes to get the hang of it. I also think 25 applications is not possible!
I bought some of the trendy lip wraps today and they are really easy to apply and have lots of different designs!

Oooooh where did you buy the trendy lip wraps Angelina, fancy giving these a go? :biggrin:

Hi all
I went to Manchester show on Sunday and bought the glitzy lips, didn't get a demo as the que was to long as usual but watched her apply them. Looked so easy, got home and tried on my daughter utter mess to say the least, i cleansed lip, applyed glue, waited till clear, pressed foil on firmly pressing over three times, ripped of from side to side very quickly and 1 tiny bit covered the lip, i then tried 3 times on myself with no more effect (really dissapointed).
I saw the Trendy lips at the show also they were 3 sets for £....... less then glitzy lips but looked more difficult to apply so didn't bother, wish i had bought those as well now to try to see if they are infact better.
oh and one particular mature blonde hair lady sales women on the sweet squared stand was extemely rude and arrogant which annoyed me as i have spent over £500 with them at Olympia and Manchester.

I know hun when I saw the foil I was like EH 25 applications. I've applied it a few times and am thinking this aint going to last long LOL!!! I certainly won't be applying glitzy lips to my clients until I can master it myself and I'm a bit concerned I've ripped the skin on my top lip. I don't know if I've had a reaction to the glue or I've just been a bit crap at applying it and maybe too much at the one time? Totally gutted :mad:

You might have had a reaction to the glue and the reason is because I had exactly the same thing happened to me (Thank God it wasn't on any of the clients) My lips are now cracked and dry and its been for more than 6 days. I try brushing my lips every morning to shed the dryness away. Don't know what to do with it now after advertising to my clients and potential clients.:confused::mad:

I bought them at the beauty show. They are from the same company that sell that trendy nail wraps. I don't like the nail wraps but the lip wraps are cool although you only get 3 in a pack!

I bought them at the beauty show. They are from the same company that sell that trendy nail wraps. I don't like the nail wraps but the lip wraps are cool although you only get 3 in a pack!

Can you pm me the name of the company hun or let me know on here.

Hi all
I went to Manchester show on Sunday and bought the glitzy lips, didn't get a demo as the que was to long as usual but watched her apply them. Looked so easy, got home and tried on my daughter utter mess to say the least, i cleansed lip, applyed glue, waited till clear, pressed foil on firmly pressing over three times, ripped of from side to side very quickly and 1 tiny bit covered the lip, i then tried 3 times on myself with no more effect (really dissapointed).
I saw the Trendy lips at the show also they were 3 sets for £....... less then glitzy lips but looked more difficult to apply so didn't bother, wish i had bought those as well now to try to see if they are infact better.
oh and one particular mature blonde hair lady sales women on the sweet squared stand was extemely rude and arrogant which annoyed me as i have spent over £500 with them at Olympia and Manchester.

It's really disappointing when you don't get the coverage. I managed to get most of my lips covered but just couldn't fill in the gaps no matter how many times I tried. My lips then started to hurt and go red and it wasn't until the morning I noticed I had ripped the skin off. Are the trendy lips from Sweet Squared then? Having a search on google and not having much luck. Think I am going to try these if they are easier.

You might have had a reaction to the glue and the reason is because I had exactly the same thing happened to me (Thank God it wasn't on any of the clients) My lips are now cracked and dry and its been for more than 6 days. I try brushing my lips every morning to shed the dryness away. Don't know what to do with it now after advertising to my clients and potential clients.:confused::mad:

I know hun, I have done the same thing advertising to clients and had really good feedback. If I'm struggling to apply on myself, hate to imagine the damage I will do to my clients, not good. Thankfully I only have 2 colours to play with so will have another go when my lips settle down and see how I get on. Are you going to have another play when your lips are better? :biggrin:

I bought some of the trendy lip wraps today, not the easiest things to apply and I think they come from China lol, also bought some vicious lips online which are similar to trendy but so much easier to apply and cheaper than trendy. Tried the glitzy lips but need a lot more practice to get them just right.

Where can I buy them from??

Latest posts

Back