Going from auburn to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hiya,

Was wondering if you would help me. At the moment i have light auburn hair (not naturally this is coloured by semi perminant tint)

I want to go to a ash/baby blonde. My hairdresser who is family applies the colour but i purchase the products as i am a member of capital hair and beauty.

Ive heard it takes green to cut out red would this be true in my case? If so what wella color touch colour is best?

Or the other option is to bleech bath my hair (as bleech alone ruins my hair) and then to apply to semi perminant tint onto the hair?

Or to just apply the semi perminant wella color touch colour to my hair?

Thanks x

Hiya,

Was wondering if you would help me. At the moment i have light auburn hair (not naturally this is coloured by semi perminant tint)

I want to go to a ash/baby blonde. My hairdresser who is family applies the colour but i purchase the products as i am a member of capital hair and beauty.

Ive heard it takes green to cut out red would this be true in my case? If so what wella color touch colour is best?

Or the other option is to bleech bath my hair (as bleech alone ruins my hair) and then to apply to semi perminant tint onto the hair?

Or to just apply the semi perminant wella color touch colour to my hair?

Thanks x

Hi Violet star do you know what the semi permanent is that is on your hair at the moment ?
if you dont know ... you will need some test pieces done with bleach to see if you can get it up past that baby chick yellow ,
if it does lift past chick yellow , then you will have a good indication if it will go a nice baby ash blonde :)

Hi Violet star do you know what the semi permanent is that is on your hair at the moment ?
if you dont know ... you will need some test pieces done with bleach to see if you can get it up past that baby chick yellow ,
if it does lift past chick yellow , then you will have a good indication if it will go a nice baby ash blonde :)

She mixed light ash brown think this was 7/0 with a 7/43 or 7/47 in one bowl.

Since then it has faded allot.

See i cant put bleach on my hair cos it goes like cotton wool and breaks. The only thing i can do is either bleach bath it or sprinkle a bit of bleach in with the semi tint?

Would the semi tint alone not work? Or would i need a green to cut out the redness?

I want the sunlights collection

She mixed light ash brown think this was 7/0 with a 7/43 or 7/47 in one bowl.

Since then it has faded allot.

See i cant put bleach on my hair cos it goes like cotton wool and breaks. The only thing i can do is either bleach bath it or sprinkle a bit of bleach in with the semi tint?

Would the semi tint alone not work? Or would i need a green to cut out the redness?

I want the sunlights collection

No sorry violet star a semi /tint wouldn't work alone , as tint wont lift tint
you would need a decent bleach product to bring it up to the lighter level first
then a toner could be used to tone even it out and take it to the baby blonde you want ,

if bleach makes your hair like cotton wool , this is an indication that it has already had bleach on it before under the auburn and it still hasn't grown out just yet,

also from what you say , it wouldn't be wise to put any bleach near it
"not even a tiny sprinkle "

as I said you would need to do some bleach test pieces first to see if they lifted ok and your hair could take it , :) minky

PROCEED WITH CAUTION! You need to think about what you want and work towards it , theres no point knackering your hair overnight . You dont say what base you are naturally but maybe have a few gold hi-lites , then a few more , and it should gradually get more and more lighter buildup , it will be warm to start though , and i would stick to light barely there toners , otherwise there will be more colour to cut through each time .
And as minky says , take test pieces , going blonde when it isnt close to your natural, or already has dye on will always be more of a challange

Latest posts

Back