Going from Blonde to Brown Question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsayxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im not a hair geek & thought this would be the best place to ask! My natural hair colour is a dark blonde/light brown colour, and for years now i have had it bleached to a light blonde. I really fancy a change though and wanted to change it to a chocolate brown.
I just wondered if is possible to change it all in one session? Or would it have to be done in stages? Im so inpatient and would just like to change it straight away haha. Would i need to wait for my blonde to grow out or could it be stripped out?
Any other info would be great aswell. Thank you! xxxx

Going from light to darker is a whole lot easier than going from dark to light... Generally speaking yes it can be done in one session. Make sure you go to a qualified colorist so you don't spen a bundle trying to get a mistake corrected.

Heya!! No you would not need any colour stripped out as bleach is what takes colour out of the hair in the first place! If your hair is in reletevaly good condition it could be done in one session. Firsty they will need to put back the missing tones into the hair (called pre pigminatation). Then they could proceed with a brown tint. It may fade a bit at first and you may have to go and have it checked in a couple weeks. Make sure you ask for a stylist that is experienced in colour correction. (this basicaly means correctiong colours that are wrong or doing a drastic change such as blonde to brown, brow to blonde etc) good luck!!!xx

the blonde wont disappear , it will have to grow out underneath the new colour . Yes it should be possible to colour over the blonde ,but it really depends on the condition of the hair for how good the result is and how easy it is to keep up . Dont forget if you do have it coloured darker , and then decide to go lighter/ have highlights that you need to tell the stylist how much blonde was in there and how long since you last have it done - just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not there- its just hiding!

Latest posts

Back