Google Adword

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
I received £30 to try Google adword yesterday, so I set it all up last night and I'm waiting to see what results I get from it. I've set it to target people in my local area and my key word is massage, so I'm really hopeful that I'll get well targeted hits.
Just wondered if anyone else has given this a try and how successful you have found it?

I tried it for 3 months, and I'm sorry to report I got no particular business from it. The data Google provided showed my ad appeared many times with a reasonable number of clicks, but paying per click just didn't do it for me.

I'm not an expert, but I suspect the only companies who attract more business with this method are those who have a large advertising budget, who are willing to spend much more (than I am) on this in order that their ad appears thousands of times per day/week.

Being a one-man-band, my biggest source of new business is through word of mouth, and secondly my on-line ad with www.freeindex.co.uk .

Give it a go though - maybe you can prove me wrong!

xx

I think it'll just be a matter of me waiting to see then:confused:. As I've only got to pay the £5 start up, so it wont be a disaster if its not successful.
Its interesting to see that you do so well from freeindex as I've never had any business from it.

Had quite a few clients from advertising on the Noticeboard on www.netmums.com too. You can only post an ad once a month though, but it's still been worth it for me.

On your freeindex ad, do you have client reviews and prices and a click-thru to your website and all that? I believe it all goes towards your on-line visibility/search engine optimisation.

yeah sent me 80 quid and i set mine up about a week ago so i couldnt tell you if its working yet but its worth ago to see

Just thought I'd update the thread. I ended up putting different key words in as I was only getting men looking for personal services. I have had 1 new client come from it and it would of cost me £30, so not too bad, but not great either.

Probably in hindsight it would be better to choose a different keyword than "massage" next time; perhaps something more obviously aligned to attracting a more female clientele, as opposed to men after "personal services"...
Posted via Mobile Device

Can I just ask how you got the £30 to try it? Kellyk said she got £80?? I'd like to try this? x

They just sent me it to try. I hadn't realised there was such a thing!

Hi, I am monitoring my google ad words too which have had for few weeks. Have added words like Thai Massage, Mobile Beauty, Special Offers, Yummy Mummy etc and have found that this is better. It is just amazing to see the times people access this info and not even near me!!
Having a few enquiries but not sure if they are via this or yell which i am trying too.
Spent 1/2 hour doing 80 flyers too-and cant believe how long it takes to walk round houses! must be easier way!

Latest posts

Back