Got professionally waxed today!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Had my hair done this afternoon and decided I felt better about myself... so went to a local salon to get my eyebrows shaped and a lip wax!!!

It was fab... well.. it bloody well hurt as I was expecting a shape using tweezers.. and she was chatting away messing with my eyebrows when she tore the wax strip off... I jumped so high she panicked... then when she done the lip... that was even worse...

... but then I noticed she did nails and asked what system... which was tip and dip Backscratchers, so I asked for a sample.. and it was interesting how it was done.

Anyways, am pleased with my ultra sleek hair... gorgeous shaped eyebrows and I have no moustache to scare the kids with!

Forgot to ask her though, how long does it last?

Always get my eyebrows waxed ... can go 3 to 4 weeks before they need doing again.

You're right, it does hurt, but you kinda get used to it after a while.

it hurts a little more when you are pre menstal, you will get used to it tho hun!!

The first wax is the worst!! But definately worth it. :)

I have very dark hair and wax my eyebrows and lip roughly every 2-3 weeks. It will depend how fast your hair grows in those areas as everyone differs.

Did the therapist not tell you that she was going to wax instead of tweeze? :lol:

time between treatments depends on client, i have really dark brows i wax them myself and they need re-doing weekly! lip is about 2 weeks for me, that reminds me needs doing now, on with the wax pot! xx

you can take a couple of painkillers 3 quarters of an hour before your waxing appointment, this does help to reduce the pain a bit :hug:

Usually clients come back for 4 weekly appointments,some have to come back in between if their hair growth is fast.There will be hair that grows faster and it can be annoying,especially with eyebrows.

If you are tempted to tweeze the stray hairs out,before your next appointment, try to only take the little ones underneath out to avoid ruining the shape.

I always do lip waxes first because in general clients do find this uncomfortable,especially the centre part of the lips and there can be a tendency to go red.This gives the redness time to die down a bit and gets the uncomfortable bit out of the way.

The therapist should really have told you when to come back,I usually say when would you like to book your next appointment(as the client is paying)
and they in turn will ask my advice about when is the best time to return.

I have had my eyebrows and lip waxed so much that it doesnt hurt much at all now. When i was first waxed i was told to rub a little teething gel to the area fifteen mins before the appointment, and it definately helped!

i wax my own eyebrows, it does hurt though

take painkillers about 1 hour before and apply lots of a soothing substance after

but like my mum always told me beauty is pain

I would suggest using Emla cream if waxing hurts so much,which tbh it shouldn't.

Emla is an antiseptic cream and numbs the area,apply 20 mins prior and you wont feel hardly anything.

Its the magic cream they use in hospitals to numb kiddies skin prior to injections and it's very good.

You can buy in your local pharmacy,hth.

I would suggest using Emla cream if waxing hurts so much,which tbh it shouldn't.

Emla is an antiseptic cream and numbs the area,apply 20 mins prior and you wont feel hardly anything.

Its the magic cream they use in hospitals to numb kiddies skin prior to injections and it's very good.

You can buy in your local pharmacy,hth.

Is this a good idea if it numbs the skin? Surely if you do that, you can't feel if the wax is too hot. I know the temperature of the wax should always be tested first, but some clients still find it too warm even at the correct temperature, and need to have it cooler.

Not criticizing, just asking. :)

Is this a good idea if it numbs the skin? Surely if you do that, you can't feel if the wax is too hot. I know the temperature of the wax should always be tested first, but some clients still find it too warm even at the correct temperature, and need to have it cooler.

Not criticizing, just asking. :)
It dosn't numb it so much that temp cant be felt but as you say it's our job to check the wax is at the correct temp.Always check its at the correct temperature on yourself and there should be no problems.HTH:green:

Latest posts

Back