Graham Hands Down Ultra Nail Pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisylover01

Reaction score
They claim to be lint-FREE but everytime I use them I get fuzzies on the nail. I do not always see them right away, but once I start to polish (even with basecoat) I can see the fuzz stuck on the nail.

Other than that, we love Hands Down. I can get off all the polish with 1-2 pads. And that little tab it offers is awesome. But the fuzzies arent worth it. You end up having bumpy looking nails or you redo nails 2, 3, 4 times over and over. Graham offers a different lint free pad but they are so thin. It takes atleast 10-15 to take off polish.

Has anyone else had this problem and by chance have any advise? :!:

They claim to be lint-FREE but everytime I use them I get fuzzies on the nail. I do not always see them right away, but once I start to polish (even with basecoat) I can see the fuzz stuck on the nail.

Other than that, we love Hands Down. I can get off all the polish with 1-2 pads. And that little tab it offers is awesome. But the fuzzies arent worth it. You end up having bumpy looking nails or you redo nails 2, 3, 4 times over and over. Graham offers a different lint free pad but they are so thin. It takes atleast 10-15 to take off polish.

I agree wholeheartedly.

You can't beat Nail Techs Choice gauze pads as far as I am concerned. The roughness of the gauze removes polish far more quickly and with one pad and preps the nail far more thoroughly too. They are also cheaper as well as better (which is a rare thing).

I'm with Gigi here, the only thing I use hands down pads for is removing the inhibition layer when doing gel nails

so frustrating!!

Do you think maybe we could use the Hands Down for removing polish at the beginning of mani and pedi. But near the end when you are removing traces of oil before you polish then we could use something that truley leaves no fuzzies?

so frustrating!!

Do you think maybe we could use the Hands Down for removing polish at the beginning of mani and pedi. But near the end when you are removing traces of oil before you polish then we could use something that truley leaves no fuzzies?

I don't see why not, I always use Scrubfresh with a gauze wipe immediately before starting to polish.

i used them to they are terrible !!!! gone back to nail wipes think i will try gigis recommendation .

I use the caress nail wipes from sallys...they are brill and i have never had a fluff problem with them...cheap too.

I'm with Gigi here, the only thing I use hands down pads for is removing the inhibition layer when doing gel nails

I use the hands down pads for the whole Brisa treatment. I find it very frustrating that I get loads of fuzzies stuck to my gel brush! :irked: Is there anything else that I can use for, for example, wiping my brush other than a hands down pad?

I use the hands down pads for the whole Brisa treatment. I find it very frustrating that I get loads of fuzzies stuck to my gel brush! :irked: Is there anything else that I can use for, for example, wiping my brush other than a hands down pad?

For Brisa I use the Caress wipes from Sally's that Bagpuss recommended and then a hands down for the inhibition layer (to avoid getting uncured product on my fingers)

I am sure that you will find this much better.

A tip I picked up from Amber (Minkus) also is to keep a paper waxing strip on your desk to wipe excess gel, when changing colours etc. I also get these (very cheap)from Sally's and it saves using loads of wipes.:)

For Brisa I use the Caress wipes from Sally's that Bagpuss recommended and then a hands down for the inhibition layer (to avoid getting uncured product on my fingers)

I am sure that you will find this much better.

A tip I picked up from Amber (Minkus) also is to keep a paper waxing strip on your desk to wipe excess gel, when changing colours etc. I also get these (very cheap)from Sally's and it saves using loads of wipes.:)

Oooh great advice Adele!!! Thank you very much! :hug:

Hi so where do you buy the nail techs choice gauze pads from please?

I tried the Nail Techs Choice Gauze Pads today!! LOVE THEM!!! I only tried it on myself so far, no clients, but I only had to remove 1 fuzz!!! Not 2 from each nail like Hands Down!!

Thanks for the advise!!!!

Latest posts

Back