great big thumb lunulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hi I was just wanting opinions on lunulas , do you find them attractive ?

The reason I ask is I have a client with very large lunulas on both her thumbs, they nearly cover half the natural nail bed ,
plus she has decent sized nail beds
and the rest of her other lunulas are barley there,

she doesn't say anything about them , so
would you suggest anything for these out of proportion lunulas ?
thanks in advance :hug:

I have to say, its nothing you can do anything about, it just means you have to be careful when filing the thumbs as the lunula is where the new nail is and still keratinising. (i think thats the best way to put it.)

I have similar on both my thumbs, but barely noticable on any other fingers, but before i knew anything about nails, i had them done by another tech and she damaged both my thumbs over filing on my lunula. Its almost like the nail is thinner here, so care must be taken.

I love Lunulas....love to see them....makes the whole look more natural IMO.

I don't like to see nails that have had a coverage product used and taken right up covering the lunulas...just makes them look like stick on's.

I love Lunulas....love to see them....makes the whole look more natural IMO.

I don't like to see nails that have had a coverage product used and taken right up covering the lunulas...just makes them look like stick on's.

I agree:)
I haven't met many clients who have a visible lunula on every natural nail....

Thank you for the replies everyone I will leave them as they are then ,
smiler you are right
I looked and she didn't have any lunulas on the little fingers at all , well not visible ones anyways ,
and I noticed they were all different on the other fingers too , I will take care more care in filing with these larger ones now :hug: thanks again

I have large lunulas on my thumbs also but you can see them on my index and middle fingers and just poking through on my ring fingers, my little fingers dont have any visable lunulas. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back