Greenie ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne...

Reaction score
Had a phone call today from a lady who has been using stick on nails she went on to say some of her nails now looked bruised. i told her it could possibly be a bacterial infection caused by the stick on nails but i couldnt say without seeing them. The problem is she is wanting to know if she can have nail extensions on. what would be the best way to deal with this????

So long as you do a good prep and give each nail a really good going over with scrubfresh you will be able to give this lady enhancements,
however you would want to use a powder that is translucent so that you can keep an eye on the greenie underneath,
which means every one will be able to still see it,
if she wanted a coverage powder then you would need to soak these off at each rebalance to make sure they were not getting any worse.
Or she could just leave them alone until it has grown out and have regular manicures weekly so you can keep an eye on it hth

Had a phone call today from a lady who has been using stick on nails she went on to say some of her nails now looked bruised. i told her it could possibly be a bacterial infection caused by the stick on nails but i couldnt say without seeing them. The problem is she is wanting to know if she can have nail extensions on. what would be the best way to deal with this????

Sounds like you will be right .. I've seen it a thousand times with stick ons.

Depending on the severity ... if the nails aren't mushy and black etc but still in pretty good shape and only mildly discoloured, you can enhance.

The green stain will have to grow out under the acrylic. A stain is just a stain the infection will no longer be active. Don't try to file the discolouration away. Just do a thorough prep ... make sure the nails are bone dry before you apply your product.

she also said one was a bit flaky, any ideas why that might be?

she also said one was a bit flaky, any ideas why that might be?

this could be the 'mushyness' I refered to. If the infection is allowed to really take hold, the bacteria multiply between the layers of nail and cause it to become flakey and .. well .. mushy!

That sounds horrible! i will take a look and then decide.
Thanks for your help.

Hi - I just did a full set of enhancements (clear sculpts) on a lady who had used stick on nails for many many months. She had 4 greenies (literally looked like bruises) and many of her nails could be described by a client as flaky, but were in fact lifted layers of nail plate. This was caused when she removed the stick ons - with her TEETH! Her usual method apparently...:eek: They did look lovely afterwards apart from the shiny green bits! She referred to them as Shrek nails. LOL x

Thank you for clearing that up.. I always thought that once the client came to you with Green staining that they would need to let that grow out...
I too have those who use there teeth... then blame having enhancements wrecks your nails!... Go figure!

Latest posts

Back