grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudette1970

Reaction score
hi geeks! hope you can help.. I would class myself as a mature 'junior' stylist and am trying to gain confidence after each salon day & learning from my mistakes. I have a lovely regular client who has 'salt & pepper' hair colour. The last colour I did was 9NG + 10NG but only a semi and it didn't take at all, even though left for half hour etc. etc. and colour was from advice from my colleague. She would love a beige colour, definately not dark as it would drain her colouring. Can anyone give advice as to what would give a good soft look for her. She's in with me tomorrow morning and i would love to be able to do something nice for her. I know it's a Friday and geeks probably got better things to do tonight but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.xx :confused:

If it's more a 'steel' salt and pepper then that mix would not work. Semi's don't lift.

You could try it in permanent but I would probably drop to an 8 as the lighter the base the less likely it will cover the grey.

wot colour range do u use, in wella they have double number colours like 88/0 etc for grey hair. . . it good for coverage of grey etc xx

thanks for your help as always. Its a range that I'm still trying to get my head around called Joico. Anyway, she's a lovely lady and I hope it goes ok for her, will let you know xx:)

Hi,
Don't know anything about Joico colours sorry hun, but I'd definitely go with a permanent colour over a semi permanent because you're not going to get any coverage on salt & pepper grey with a semi really.. Usually, permanent colour with 20 vol - your tone will determine the soft beige effect of the colour.. And maybe stick with bases 8 and below as shades above that don't have much background colour/base in them so don't cover as well..

HTH chick

Laura X

clynol do a range for grey called viton s plus, and wella do a range with double base numbers as what scotty recommended.
or just use a base colur plus base and tone 50/50 or 75/25 deoending on percentage of grey
ie 8.0 plus 8NG ratio depending on percentage of white

Latest posts

Back