Grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cici9797

Reaction score
I had a client the other day and she has really bad grey it was a few flashes of highlights and a 7.4 root tint with 3% it didn't cover the grey much at the front and in other places, I let my client know but does anyone have any other ideas what I could to cover this. Never had this problem before. X

Really bad grey? What does that mean?

I had a client the other day and she has really bad grey it was a few flashes of highlights and a 7.4 root tint with 3% it didn't cover the grey much at the front and in other places, I let my client know but does anyone have any other ideas what I could to cover this. Never had this problem before. X

What colour house do you use?

Try adding more base x

I've always used 6% to cover grey as all the brands I usually work with advise this.

You haven't mentioned what brand you use so maybe check if they advise using 6% and/or mixing extra base, as Mollie says.

Hi check your manufactures instructions but most colours covering white/grey need to be used with 6% or 9% peroxide..also if there was a lot of white hair you would have needed to mix a base colour i.e 7.0...x

Did u use a double base/add base? What range do you use? Bad grey; what's the percentage xx

Pre soften !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why 3% and no base? Really bad grey....that's sounds awful poor lady.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

7.4 as base which she always has, and we was always told 3% to cover grey which obviously is wrong! And igora house I used. It's covered most of it but I weren't happy with the result but my client was ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393707546.760941.jpg

7.4 as base which she always has, and we was always told 3% to cover grey which obviously is wrong! And igora house I used. It's covered most of it but I weren't happy with the result but my client was View attachment 57877

No why didn't you add base to tge 7.4? You can not use tone on its own to cover this amount of grey also 3% will not penetrate enough to cover grey either.

7.4 will cover grey but it's designed to be used with 20vol if covering grey. If it's really resistant use absolute range.

No why didn't you add base to tge 7.4? You can not use tone on its own to cover this amount of grey also 3% will not penetrate enough to cover grey either.

It was half of 7.4 and quarter of 7.

Also I have used 7.4 on it's own plenty of times and it's covered.

U shouldn't have used 7.4 on it's own, u should have added extra base, I wouldn't have used 3% either. I have a few clients I pre soften too x

U shouldn't have used 7.4 on it's own, u should have added extra base, I wouldn't have used 3% either. I have a few clients I pre soften too x

It was 7.4 with a quarter of 7, but I have used 7.4 on it's own plenty of times and it's been great x

3% CAN cover white hair however this client is a base 5/6 so you need the lift also to achieve a level 7 so 6% is a must!

Half of 7.4 and quarter of 7 is that how much of the tube you used?

7.4 will cover grey but it's designed to be used with 20vol if covering grey. If it's really resistant use absolute range.

No it won't over a percentage. This is very basic hairdressing.

It was 7.4 with a quarter of 7, but I have used 7.4 on it's own plenty of times and it's been great x

Everyone has different hair!

7.4 and 3% may look great on a light client with small amount white hair. But not this client that needs lifting and has a white patch.

You can't just use the same colour in everyone as it worked great a few times, you need colour knowledge to personalise and customize each formula to get the right result for that client.

but I have used 7.4 on it's own plenty of times and it's been great x

Is the product at fault? The client? Or the hairdresser?

Latest posts

Back