Guess what I was buying...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garden patio set? X

Ha!

Tell me when you're fed up and I will reveal all........think it might be a bit of a letdown, though.

Another clue; although these were the exact selling methods used in my last car-buying expedition, I was surprised they were used in this setting.

A selection of nail polishes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

A selection of nail polishes.

A carpet.

Last edited:
I can see you are struggling.....

Maybe another clue :) xx

A lawnmower? BBQ? a vacuum cleaner? that green steam cleaner thingy they're always advertising?

Pair of glasses?

YES

The prize goes to Rock! (It's a sort of cyber prize.....)

I could not believe that a semi-medical service would use such cheap tactics. This was not one of those chain opticians either. It took me a while to catch on, and then I joined in the game. I eventually got more than a £100 off, with thinner lenses too. They've lost some of my trust though, and I've been going to them for about 20 years.

Jeeze I should have bargained with my opticians when I bought my posh specs !!

id like to know what the cyber prize is :D

YES

The prize goes to Rock! (It's a sort of cyber prize.....)

I could not believe that a semi-medical service would use such cheap tactics. This was not one of those chain opticians either. It took me a while to catch on, and then I joined in the game. I eventually got more than a £100 off, with thinner lenses too. They've lost some of my trust though, and I've been going to them for about 20 years.

Why have they lost your trust Dandelionpoppy? Is it because the service has dropped or the fact they entered into 'game' and the price reduced?..I find this really interesting.

apparently it costs something like £5 to make any kind of specs. Just shows how you can be easily ripped off !!!!

Why have they lost your trust Dandelionpoppy? Is it because the service has dropped or the fact they entered into 'game' and the price reduced?..I find this really interesting.

Apologies to used car salesmen, but I wouldn't have expected this. I felt that the person advising me was steering me to the pair which would get her the most commission.

I have very poor eyesight, and usually wear contacts. In glasses I have to have thinner lenses, or as the optician who tested my eyes said (They'll be like bottle bottoms and you won't want to be seen in them." I took out my current pair, which are Chanel, and have a much smaller surface area than her target pair. (This helps as the lenses go thicker as they go larger.) I kept asking her to show me some of a similar size, but she tried to put me off. I stuck to my guns, and after a bit of a stand-off, which involved reductions in prices, I settled on a pair I actually liked much better. She tried to put me off by pulling her face a bit, and saying that they were OK, but her choice was much better. At this point I turned to her colleague and she agreed that my choice was great.

Phew....I got up and a bloke who was waiting, and had heard the whole thing, gave me a wink and a thumbs up.

Apologies to used car salesmen, but I wouldn't have expected this. I felt that the person advising me was steering me to the pair which would get her the most commission.

I have very poor eyesight, and usually wear contacts. In glasses I have to have thinner lenses, or as the optician who tested my eyes said (They'll be like bottle bottoms and you won't want to be seen in them." I took out my current pair, which are Chanel, and have a much smaller surface area than her target pair. (This helps as the lenses go thicker as they go larger.) I kept asking her to show me some of a similar size, but she tried to put me off. I stuck to my guns, and after a bit of a stand-off, which involved reductions in prices, I settled on a pair I actually liked much better. She tried to put me off by pulling her face a bit, and saying that they were OK, but her choice was much better. At this point I turned to her colleague and she agreed that my choice was great.

Phew....I got up and a bloke who was waiting, and had heard the whole thing, gave me a wink and a thumbs up.

Awww I see. That's not good at all.

Latest posts

Back