Hair and beauty finder app?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smartieswife

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I've just had a call about advertising in the hair and beauty finder app. Has anyone used this and did you find it effective! :)

been on to us too....would be interested in any feedback. x

They are constantly giving me nusance calls!
I'd stay away if I was you! Very dodgey!

I have had several nuisance calls from them and some of the sales people where quite aggressive when I said I wasn't interested.

Thanks for your advice, always worth asking others first!

Constantly being hounded, Claire z Geek on here has signed up, she doesn't live far from me and doesn't come up when I search. My argument is I'd heard of them before they called and even had the app, but I feel its only people within the hair and beauty business that have actually heard of them, rather than Joe Blogs whom should be the target audience.

Never head if them. Its like these fake police magazine that ring up all the time and tell you they have magazines in every drs surgery and cafe and quarterly in your posrbix etc.... sorry ive never seen you..ever! Not effective advertising even if they are genuine

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I advertised with them- wasn't expensive at all... BUT they cut n copied (badly) my FB page to put in my ad rather than asking me what I wanted. After a few calls n emails I have my ad as I want it, - the logo :( and I didn't come up for my main treatment, and I had to chase up an invoice by post as I don't have a printer. All problems were sorted once I had got on to the manager.

Like said above, its only us that know about it. The search is specific too.

Although, I do come up. And I do encourage friends, family clients- with iphones to download the app.

I'm sure if the app took off-it is free, it would be great-but it just isn't at that stage yet. Xx

I had a call off them today, the chap was very aggressive after I politely told him 3 times I wasnt interested at this moment in time, im inbetween clients and cant talk etc etc, he was having none of it and got rather nasty.

That alone has put me off this company and id never use them x

I had a call of them today as well, I don't trust them they seem very dodgy tbh :/ I downloaded the app as well to have a look, took me ages to find it ended up googleing them. The apps rubbish :/

I had this a while ago. The man rang me and was very pushy, I told him that of it really was as good as he said they would let me try it for free for a month! That got him off the fone. People google these days I really don't think someone would want to down load an app to find a hair or beauty salon

Hi All,

I am looking to start an app which will help users locate you and book with you instantly. I have read about the aggressive sales force you have been subjected to by other companies and dont want to put you through that again! Would you mind if i privately contacted you to understand your needs and whether this would be of interest to you? If you message me your details i will contact you (rather than cold calling!)

Best wishes,

Munira

Hi, personally (you will see above I did advertise with them) would not advertise on an app again. Apps are on smart phones where you can easily google a salon/mobile in .... (Area).

Adding a booking system wouldn't work for me either, I am mobile, I like to talk to the client before I book them in, discuss their needs, take in to account traveling times etc.

For me & my business it isn't something I would consider.

Xx

We were approached but you have to be realistic ! If you are looking for a new salon would you really download an app to find one ?? Probably not ! Personally I would ask around or look on Google ! We have our own app now anyway :)

A while since this thread was last active but I'm wondering if anyone else has signed up for the app and what your thoughts were. I signed up for the three month trial but didn't receive a single lead from the app during that period (so no chance of having converted anyone into a client).

Hi everyone, hope you can help! I signed up to hair n beauty finder and have not had one single client, not only that, I got a call yesterday demanding payment for an outstanding invoice out of the blue! the guy was really rude and told me very agreesively the £10 fee I had paid was only for a 3 mth period where I had believed it to be one year, I was informed the was actually only 3 mths and that I was automatically signed into a contract owing £99 plus vat and that I had to immediately pay up even though I had not seen one invoice. I asked when I had agreed to those terms and was told that by agreeing to the terms and conditions I was liable and locked in, having demanded they email me the TCs, I can see it doesn't clearly outline the fee or when the promotion period ends, I think the TCs are very misleading. Is there anything I can do?

The extract of the TC's are below:
Duration of Contract

This contract will automatically renew from the date of entering into the contract until such time as the contract is terminated by either party. The buyers billing cycle will be specified at the point of sale and all accounts are subject to a small annual maintenance fee.
Cancellation of Contract

Either party can cancel the subscription by giving seven days’ notice via https://www.habfaforbusiness.co.uk/cancellation-request Cancellation of service can only be accepted where there are no outstanding balances on the buyers account.
Refund Policy

In the event that The Buyers advert has not been launched The Buyer may be entitled to a refund, in part or in full, of the first payment. All refund requests should be emailed to [email protected] In the event that you have purchased ancillary products refunds will only be authorised where work has not commenced. Once the work has commenced, you are liable for full payment of the entire invoice amount and no refund will be due.

Trading Address The Warrant House, High Street, Altrincham, WA14 1PZ United Kingdom.(for postal purposes)

Payments

All payments are taken using the credit or debit card nominated by you at the point of sale unless otherwise instructed. All payments are processed securely and are compliant with PCI Security Council standards.

Advertiser Promotions

If you are signing up to one of our advertiser promotions, your account will automatically renew after the specified trial period at our standard annual tariff which will be stated at the point of sale on the "feature your business" page. It is the advertisers responsibility to cancel their account inside the specified time frame in order for the account to not automatically renew.

Just PM'd you x

Has anyone out there with a legal background got any advice? I've just had £240 taken off my card too from ths company! Very upsetting and not sure where I stand...:Scared:

Did they not send you a letter or email saying what you've purchased?? Doesn't sound like a good company at all!

They took money from my card too without permission!
I called them and queried and the very rude guy told me I had entered into a contract - which i definitely did not agree to. I refused to put the phone down until he passed me on to a manager or refunded the money, after lots of arguing and the threat of complaining to trading standards he agreed to refund it!
Bad company no customers and lots of hassle!

Latest posts

Back