Hair Breakage... PLEASE HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maz4321

Reaction score
Hello,
I am getting alot of breakage and i think this is one of the reasons that my hair never seems to grow past a cretain length. I dont straighten or use any heat appliances on my hair and i eat healthily etc, but cannt understand why i get so many broken ends...they split and break like no ones business and its driving me insane as its not as if im rough with it, i try to be gentle when brushing etc! I also try to deep condition weekly...
Can anyone help or offer advice on this?

could be a number of reasons...are you on any medication etc? do u have ur hair trimmed regularly to get rid of the ends before it splits?

also hair goes through a growth cycle once it completes it the hair falls out, thus it will only ever get to a certain length and everyones cycle is different.

my hair is just the same and i dont even brush or dry it! guess its just one of those things. do you drink enough water?

do you wear any bands in your hair sometimes that can cause a lot of stress on the hair if they are too tight, do you colour your a hair or have you got colour on it now?
what about brushing your hair make sure you brush it from the ends up rather than roots to the end, if you dont use heat on it then that cant be too much of a problem do you swim alot chlorine can dry the hair out too.
several factors can affect the condition of your hair ,health diet and medication, everyone is different and some people have a short life cycle to there hair which means some people will beable to grow there hair down to there waists and others will be shorter .
how often do you get it trimmed, goldwell do a nice conditioner called kerasilk its quite expensive but its good .

Last edited:
hi thanks for replting, yes i have regular trims, had it trimmed 4 weeks ago and it started breaking about 2 weeks sfter, which is worrying. i have been for blood tests and the doc cant see anything wrong and my hair also falls out quite a bit when i brush and wash it...

Hi, if you can get into the habit of massaging your scalp with your fingertips in little cricles all over your scalp ,
(just like you were trying to work something into the scalp)
eg like a nice foot massage technique,

if you do this at regular times whilst you are relaxing watching television
ect this will help your blood flow to the scalp and help nourish the follicles
with the nutrients from your blood ,it also helps stimulate the hair growing cycle and the oils too ,

therefore your diet is very important
so you could try adding more oily fish to your diet as its really good protein too and this will feed the hair too ,
now that its nearly summertime you could add some omega by eating more oily fish ,or get a decent supplement

in winter time its better to swap over to cod liver oil than omega as it contains more vitamin D which is better for the bones
as we dont get it from the sunlight in winter :hug:

Hi, if you can get into the habit of massaging your scalp with your fingertips in little cricles all over your scalp ,
(just like you were trying to work something into the scalp)
eg like a nice foot massage technique,

if you do this at regular times whilst you are relaxing watching television
ect this will help your blood flow to the scalp and help nourish the follicles
with the nutrients from your blood ,it also helps stimulate the hair growing cycle and the oils too ,

therefore your diet is very important
so you could try adding more oily fish to your diet as its really good protein too and this will feed the hair too ,
now that its nearly summertime you could add some omega by eating more oily fish ,or get a decent supplement

in winter time its better to swap over to cod liver oil than omega as it contains more vitamin D which is better for the bones
as we dont get it from the sunlight in winter :hug:

thanks minky,
really useful advice. i have been considering supplements but dont want to waste money on something that may not work as ive done that alot in the past...

Hi, I don't know if this helps, but I would also look at the products you use at the moment? do you do the treatment to your hair regularly once a week? Do you have a curly or straight hair, because curly hair is normally a bit dryer than a straight hair and needs more moisture in it? Any chemical treatments in your hair? If so, maybe you should retrain from them until your hair gets into a better condition, or if the color is applied, you could use semi permanent colors for a bit to nourish your hair a bit. I really would ask from your hairdresser as they assess your hair ont he regular bases and they should have some advise.

Latest posts

Back