Hair colour nightmare ... help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help me. sadly my hairdresser of 8 years has left to have a child and not returning to the profession. So 4 days ago I had a mobile hairdresser come to me who was recommended by a friend. I had my hair recoloured with the brown on the bottom then caramel and bleach blonde on the top (highlites) anyway my roots on top and sides head looks like it has at least 3 weeks growth already and the blonde is orange and striking yellow (she used foils). so I contacted the woman and she said I had to go to her which I did last night, she redid the sides and now not only is the colour a weird orange and bright yellow it looks really patchy on the sides when I lift the first layer of hair on the sides, still got regrowth but bt 2 wks now. the front when I had it up round the house has a defined dark line straight across so I cant put my hair up. I had a message this morning that she now wants to put dark brown over the patchy areas to even it out abit (which is bleached for 2nd time in 4 days)
please can someone tell me what to do???? my gut is saying no way ho say stay away from my hair and in 4 weeks I can try find someone else to do my hair or once again let the hair dresser try to correct my hair. I have been having colour etc through my hair professionally for many years and have never had this problem with roots, patches, and bleach going orange/ awful shocking yellow....... :sad:

I would go to a reputable salon in your area. Go in, have a chat with someone before committing to anything, and if you feel confident then go with it. She's just not getting the foils in close enought to the root, and possibly not leaving your bleach on long enough.

XXX PS I wouldn't let her do your hair again. If she can't get the foil in close to the root twice, then I'm not giving her a third chance. Its harsh but there are plenty of hairdressers who will be able to do what you want. Good luck. xxxx

Hi Kim thank you for replying, I have told her that I do not want her to touch my hair again. One of my friends phoned her hair dresser who said to leave it for a few weeks then she will sort it out for me. she also said not to use my straighteners or hairdryer but my mate did not say why I could not use them?? (I cant go without drying/straightening my hair once a week when I wash it) the only reason I went back is cause its my wedding anniversary today and we are going out for a meal then meeting up with friends/family afterwards. Now I dont know if I can even straighten it for tonight let alone want to go out with my hair like it is. :sad:

i think she will have said to not dry or straighten it cos she will be worried about damage to it. i would say if you can leave it for a few weeks, do that. and you can wash and dry and straighten it, just go easy with it, if you said you wash it once a week that will be fine. go get a conditioning treatment and sit tight until you get it done again.

why dont you go to a salon get it blow dried for you today and get a treatment put on it as a wee treat for you.???

thanks kim really appreciated your help. x

I'm not a hairdressers so check on this but I think if you used a toning shampoo like silver touch it should help with the brassy tones well calm it down a bit, its not a professional shampoo just out the chemist so think it would be ok check with hairdresser first thou :D xx

Latest posts

Back