Hair comp !!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Dear all, the first ever Salon Geek hair comp is here :!:

The theme is TRUE HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR !

This theme gives you the stylist,unlimited creative opportunities,from a blow-dry,to pin curls or an up style,the sky's your limit
Added hair, make up,props and accessories may be used,you may colour and or cut your model's hair in preparation, a real life model must be used to allow you to bring the theme to life.

This comp is open to all bona fide hair geeks, all entries must be received by 12pm UK time on the 31st March.

A before photo is required along with TWO after shots to show off your creation to its maximum potential. Photographs must taken above shoulder level. Sandi (ValencianNails) has kindly offered to resize images if you require.
Photographs must not be edited in Photoshop or the like.

You will be judged by The Geek himself, Jeni Giles and Little Angel (thank you guy's)

The judging criteria :

First impressions
Interpretation of the theme
Workmanship
Creative style
Quality of image

At this point no prizes have been lined up, give me time:wink2:
This is the first competition that I have organised and I don't want to let anyone down, if I've missed anything out give me a nudge peeps.

I sincerely hope you'll enter but most importantly I hope you enjoy doing so :hug:

This looks very exciting. Good luck with it Becki.

If anyone does have anything they would like to offer as a prize,i would be extremely greatfull :D thanks

ooh err , i might have a bash , if i can get a model with nice hair :lol:
are you allowed to enter too becki ??

great idea becki,

look forward to seeing all that glamour xx

Ooh cant wait Becki, good luck with it all.
Good Luck everyone xxx

Julez x

me thinks my step daughter is going to have her barnet messed with by moi........:smack:
this also is great practise for when i do my level 3 comp which is similar to the rules set by becki

Come on everyone, I urge you to give Becki your full support and put in your entry. I for one can't wait to see your creative masterpieces! :hug:

No Dee apart from the fact i could cheat :D i don't want the comp to flop,so i'll be busy.

It's a fab theme IMO :lol: so if i get time i might do it just for fun.

Can't wait to see your entry Jo,it's perfect practise and i think you'll have a ball

Oh and thanks for the support everyone,it means a lot :hug:

a few questions of you dont mind hun ,
can the pics be in black and white ??
do you need a front and back view ?
can you do an era ? as in 1930s glamour or isnt that allowed ?

No black and white,Dee. Editing of photo's isn't allowed at all :D (you could do that after the comp though )

You take two shots to show your creation of best,two seperate angles though.

Interpret the theme as you will,that's why i think it's a great theme,like i said the sky's your limit :D

Hth's x

count me in, so long as i can find a good model, what a fab idea! xx

Obviously Im not a hair geek, but this sounds fabaroony! So well done Becki for organising!

I look forward to the results! Come on Geeks!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

I'll offer my head up for anyone that wants it but my only rule is I'm not having it cut lol, it's taken me years to get it this length xxxx

What a fab idea Becki, I can't wait to see the photo's

Thankyou very much for the support geeks :hug:

:hug:great idea there i think i might have a go

I want to say a huge thankyou to the guy's at Sweet Squared who have very generously donated £100 worth of Eufora goodies as a prize ! Sweet Squared - Home

Thank you to Extensionize,three packs of hair jewels have been donated also. Clear for the winner and pink for 2nd and 3rd place. hair extensions | remy hair | Hair Extensions Supplier | extensionize - Hair Jewels Crystal - hair extensions | remy hair | Hair Extensions Supplier | extensionize (Powered by CubeCart)

Thankyou Mundo who have kindly donated

1 x Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant
1 x Mundo Multi-Surface Disinfectant Wipes
1 x Mundo Hard Surface Disinfectant Spray
1 x Mundo Surgical Hand Wash (with Skin Conditioners) mundo

These prizes will also be shared between 1st,2nd and 3rd prize for UK enrants only (due to shipping costs,i hope you understand

Last edited:
ooh how exciting

good luck to all those entering

Wow Becki the prizes for this comp are brilliant!! I wish I was a hair geek!!!
Got any entries yet mate? x

Latest posts

Back