Hair disaster!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
Sorry If this is posted in the wrong place!! I had my hair coloured yesterday & absolutely hate it!

I had very long platinum blonde hair and I asked if I could have the colour a slightly darker blonde, keeping my platinum colour and breaking it up with some honey/ caramel tones of blonde through it.

I had a consultation last week and we went through colours again yesterday prior to carrying out procedure on my hair.

Anyways, my hair is pretty much brown .......... I have few blonde bits through it with dark brown slices through it! It looks awful - really dull and almost grey looking!!!

I left the salon in such a hurry as I just wanted to cry!! :cry:

How long do I have to wait before maybe having some highlights through it to get it blonder again?? and will that work or do I need to do something different to get it blonde again??

Any advice would be great!!

If I were you I would go back to the Salon who carried out your treatment and speak to them about it, if you are not happy because they did not do what they said in the consultation.

Yes defo go back, what a nightmare :irked:

Wash it in fairy liquid, it will lighten the brown. Even shampoo plenty of it in, and leave for 20mins with a towel wrapped round, or give it lots and lots of washes with it, it really will help.

Hope you get it sorted x

How much do you hate it on a scale of 1 to 10 ?Does it look acceptable and can you leave the house?
You could try to go back and get your money back , or maybe talk about some free hi-lites , but they are probably likely to offer you a correction , which in my mind , if your hair is long and blonde should come with a free cut and conditioning treatment because it is not going to do your hair any favours!
It may be better to go see the manager , then let the colour fade over a couple of weeks , and then go back for a FEW hi-lites .
Obviously though if your hair is green or grey you need to get it sorted.

go back to the salon, they could maybey do a colour correction on something obv. Free of charge ! Hope u feel better bout it xx

Hi, sorry to hear whats happened to you hair ,

I totally agree with liana kay and the others that you should go back to the salon ..... but as we cant see it its really hard to say (any pics ?) but..... as liana says .... do you think it may fade a bit it ?
or it may have been washed off wrong and its leeched into the other blonde hair making it very dull ?

there was a thread on here a while ago about mixing lemon juice with conditioner pulling out the darker tones , it has had many people saying it worked well ,
here's the link for you to take a peek :) x minky

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/99695-bleached-hair.html?highlight=lemon+juice+conditioner

Thanks for your replies!
I had to go to a birthday party yesterday and my friends all said how nice they thought it looked :irked: Obvioiusly I am seeing something different! It hasnt grown on me at all!!!
One friend yesterday, who happens to be a hairdresser agreed that it had a green tinge to it, she said it can happen due to the colour of my hair before being so blonde - in my avatar. She suggested putting Tomato ketchup on my hair as it will draw out the green tone?!?!

I am going to go back to the salon and see about having some highlights run through it - just hope it doesnt make it look worse!!!!!

Oh and on a scale of 1 - 10 how much I hate it! I'd say a 9!!!!!

If you were that light before be very careful on what you do. bleach is bleach and that is what they are going to use. The hair can feel spongy after lighten it again. As for the color it did soak up base color which leads to purple and greens. When I dye back usually on wet hair. You have to think of your hair as an sponge with holes if wet those holes filll with water, then color slows down and takes color. if not filled soaks up way to fast and you get an off color(and usually darker)But because of of foils very hard to get nice outcome(takes to long and have to be fast). The stylist probably put on the color you all picked just grabed and changed very fast. For how light you are by pics I would not have done it in the first place. My daughter went lighter and was a bit brassy when I went to tone her done to a pearl ash on wet hair 10 minutes to sink and off or it was going to be purple. If it is just a little dark and little green they could always do bleach and water through all your hair at sink just to lift it an tad. Usually takes the ugly color off. But as re foils on your blonde underneath I woud be careful.

Thanks Beth for your info! Bit confusing! I did actually try the Ketchup thing - what a wally! Dont think it made much difference to be honest!
I am going back on Saturday to have some blonder bits put through - I asked for golden / honey tones and got dark mud colour!!

Im thinking I need an all over color to get the look I am wanting but no one seems to understand what I mean even when I show pictures!!!

Hey charlotte

Have u got any pics of how it looks now....I want to see what it looks like to advise you.

x

What you said is what I call the bottom of the pond muck. It grabbed to fast. It will not matter what color they put on. Your hair HAS to wet or they have to use the condtioner that you spray on as you go... for colors. I remember my daughters friend and his sister bleach her hair grade 6 at the time, then for what ever reason they put on golden blonde and it came out as a yellow canary. Months later growing out and xmas pics coming, her mother ask me to fix it. Now remember yellow hair. I went to put on carmel blonde 1 minute into putting it on, it was turning mucky. Off to the sink rinse it off and wash... I left the condtioner on and continued it was nice and only on 20 minutes.

Have you talked to the salon yet? I would love to a fly on the wall after u hang up.:)

Hi , sounds like its grabbed .... bleached blonde hair is well known for doing this
wonder why didn't they do test peices so you could pick and see the colour you liked first ?
usually on bleached hair you go use a shade lighter and a bit warmer than you want.... because of grab

warm caramels and warm toffees are the best to go for in a level 7
as you will need to put back some warm pigment ,
but do make sure you have some test peices first this time :)

I would go back ask for a very mild bleach mix
and have a few scattered highlights put through the T section just to refresh it a bit .... as it will soon lighten up , but dont forget to ask for the test pieces first to check out the condition ect .... first :lol: x minky

I have no idea why they didnt do any test pieces!! It was a bit manic as I had a full head of extensions taken out prior to having it coloured which took longer than they expected, so when it came to colouring my hair, I think they rushed it a bit!!

I dont know what is meant by levels 7, 6 etc, but when she showed me a book during a consultation, she said shades 7 and below would be better for my hair as anything from 7 upwards would be too dark!!?

Hey charlotte

Have u got any pics of how it looks now....I want to see what it looks like to advise you.

x

Ive only got a picture on my phone, and Ive not got a clue how to put it on the computer!

If you you do not want the treatment you should have said it right away after the treatment. Getting a hair color is a risk for a hair in any type coz the chemicals used are very destructive among the hair particles. Hope you get tips on how to regain hair beauty again. :)

I think you have got that back to front, she will have said below a base 7 would be too dark. If she said it the other way around....I wouldnt suggest you go back there! lol

Really they should of pre -piged the hair as they went...I use colour mousse with warmth in it.....they could have coated the blonde in the foil with the mousse to let the porus hair grab the mousse, and then put the colour straight over the top and then fold the foil up.....

If they have just put a colour straight over the bleach blonde hair....sometimes this can work for foils and look nice.... but you generally have to use a colour with extra base in it.....such as 7.0 or 8.0 - which are designed for grey and coarse hair....This will prevent the 'diluted' look and will generally colour to the correct depth without looking green.

I suspect if it looks muddy and slightly green... they have probably used a plain 7 or something with a bit of ash in it.....and the colour simply isn't dark enough and get's 'diluted'....

To rectify the situation....Your best bet would be, to get them to go back through the hair in the same manner with foils.....and use the same base level again.....but with a WARM tone in it. So if they put a 7.1 (dark ash blonde) they should maybe go for a 7.3 or a 7.4 which has gold or copper tone in it......

This will take the colour to the depth it should be....because it is being coloured for the second time with the same base....and at the same time...the gold / copper tone will take away the green tinge and will warm it up.

Other than this... if your hair is in good condition... I would maybe risk getting all of the dark bleached up to a caramel colour....the bleach would not have to be on for very long to do this if your colour is a base 7.....

Hope this all makes sense?

x

They've only gone and cancelled my appointment! Was due to go back tomorrow for them to sort it out but am now going to have to wait ages as they cant fit me in for weeks!!!

Think I am going to have to try and get it done elsewhere!!

They've only gone and cancelled my appointment! Was due to go back tomorrow for them to sort it out but am now going to have to wait ages as they cant fit me in for weeks!!!

Think I am going to have to try and get it done elsewhere!!

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off. If they can't fit you in now then they should give you your money back so you can pay to have it done elsewhere. You should not have to now pay to redo their mistake. :hug: In fact they should give you your money back and let you go elsewhere as they sound like they can't be trusted to repair it. What a nightmare.

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off. If they can't fit you in now then they should give you your money back so you can pay to have it done elsewhere. You should not have to now pay to redo their mistake. :hug: In fact they should give you your money back and let you go elsewhere as they sound like they can't be trusted to repair it. What a nightmare.

I agree, but i'm the sort of person that instead of making a scene, i'd just go and pay to have it done elsewhere! I should get more balls!:lol:

Im so disappointed though as I was looking forward to getting it sorted tomorrow and now am gonna be stuck with this hair for longer!

Latest posts

Back