Hair extensionist - fitting client provided hair?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
hi everyone!

I have a number of girls asking if I can fit hair extensions that they provide themselves and not bought through me or my suppliers....
(trying to do it "on the cheap" :confused:)

so my question is - do I do my usual full consultation, or just get them to sign a disclaimer on fitting?
I have a comprehensive consultation form and disclaimers for my usual hair extension services.
I will be charging accordingly for the time and skill involved to fit them.

help!!

thanks in advance for your help

DEFINATELY get them to sign the disclaimer because i fitted micro loops for someone who supplied her own and they were bought from ebay and i told her from the start when i went for consultation that when i do micro rings they are silicon ringed which prevents slippage etc but she still chose to purchase from ebay and all i got was txts every week like oh 2 have slid out etc so remember and make them understand you are providing the fitting and thats it xx

DEFINATELY get them to sign the disclaimer because i fitted micro loops for someone who supplied her own and they were bought from ebay and i told her from the start when i went for consultation that when i do micro rings they are silicon ringed which prevents slippage etc but she still chose to purchase from ebay and all i got was txts every week like oh 2 have slid out etc so remember and make them understand you are providing the fitting and thats it xx

brilliant thanks for your reply. Im going to draft up a new disclaimer tonight :)

Definitely use a disclamier, and stress to this girl, you use the hair you use as you know its quality, you know its long lasting, if she doesnt choose your option, you cant guarantee the quality.

And..... make sure you charge her a decent price too, as you say, its your time and skill she is paying for, good extensions arent cheap, and cheap extensions do not look good at all!!

Hope it goes ok x x

Definitely use a disclamier, and stress to this girl, you use the hair you use as you know its quality, you know its long lasting, if she doesnt choose your option, you cant guarantee the quality.

And..... make sure you charge her a decent price too, as you say, its your time and skill she is paying for, good extensions arent cheap, and cheap extensions do not look good at all!!

Hope it goes ok x x

thanks! new disclaimer has been written now so it will be that along with my usual disclaimer on my consultation form :)
thinking i should charge around £100 for a fitting?!
aw i know what you mean about good extensions not being cheap - just unfortunately the prices for hair and beauty in my area seem to be stuck in 1993 and no one will pay any more!! loads of salons offering rubbish like "400 bonds of top grade AAAA+ hair for £250"!!!! honestly. that was quoted from one local salon.......... worrying.

I wouldnt fit any hair that a client just brought to me unless they where a regular client and wanted to try another brand, but I would have to have some experience of that brand they wanted to try and there reasons for using a different brand.

If a client is wearing hair extensions that they supplied themselves and they cant manage because they are a cheap brand and they look terrible it doesnt really matter about the disclaimer it only needs another person to ask where they had them done and I doubt the client will say its cheap hair i supplied them myself, they will probably say 'such a company' and before you know it your name is out there as being rubbish.

A few of my clients have purchased their own hair but its got to be the brand that I use or its goodbye find someone else.

Last edited:
I wouldnt fit any hair that a client just brought to me unless they where a regular client and wanted to try another brand, but I would have to have some experience of that brand they wanted to try and there reasons for using a different brand.

If a client is wearing hair extensions that they supplied themselves and they cant manage because they are a cheap brand and they look terrible it doesnt really matter about the disclaimer it only needs another person to ask where they had them done and I doubt the client will say its cheap hair i supplied them myself, they will probably say 'such a company' and before you know it your name is out there as being rubbish.

A few of my clients have purchased their own hair but its got to be the brand that I use or its goodbye find someone else.

good point........ hmmm. one to mull over i think. going to try convincing them into using my hair anyway but thats a very valid point

Latest posts

Back