Hair extensionist looking for someone else to fit hair or tips on doing it myself..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbykatie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a hair extensionist myself and I am wanting some hair fitting next week, I think I might struggle to do the micro ring method on my own head and I have quite thick, healthy hair so I don't want to risk ruining it by having hot glue again (this is how I fitted my own before)

Is anyone available in the West Yorkshire area that can do me a good offer on either you providing me the full service or me buying the hair and you fitting it?

Like I say I would like it done next week as I am going away for the weekend so I know its a rush job!

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am a hair extensionist myself and I am wanting some hair fitting next week, I think I might struggle to do the micro ring method on my own head and I have quite thick, healthy hair so I don't want to risk ruining it by having hot glue again (this is how I fitted my own before)

Is anyone available in the West Yorkshire area that can do me a good offer on either you providing me the full service or me buying the hair and you fitting it?

Like I say I would like it done next week as I am going away for the weekend so I know its a rush job!

Thanks in advance

A 3 way mirror in front, a full length one behind and a top that is contrasting in colour for when you cut it. :green:

On a serious note - that is actually how I do mine but i wouldn't recommend it unless you have to. I've been doing my extensions (and cutting them) for a few years because I am such a control freak with them and I also have ultra fine hair and i was left with bald spots by a couple of stylists trying to put too much hair on the bond and incorrect sectioning....
I hope you find someone around your way - If you can - supply them with the hair. It's a great way of testing out new hair. I won't use it if i haven't given it a 3 month appraisal on me!

x

wouldn't like to advise anything as that is against the rules of this forum... :eek:

I dunno how close to Leeds you are> Hair extensions Leeds Classifieds - Gumtree

if this doesnt help change the city at the top to a closer one... people are looking for models and mobile extensionists which will prob help!

I wish some people lived in London more! I woulda fitted for free aslong as I get the favour returned! x

Not against rules - she's qualified

ha ha yeah how can it be against the rules if I'm fully qualified? Never mind, maybe you didn't notice that bit.

Funny thing is half of the ads on that link you posted are mine!

I've decided just to go ahead and fit my own, people were messing me around, I think they were worried about giving up their profit! I've chosen some with the loops already attached so at least that will make it easier for me, and I'll get to test out the hair at the same time.

ha ha yeah how can it be against the rules if I'm fully qualified? Never mind, maybe you didn't notice that bit.

Funny thing is half of the ads on that link you posted are mine!

I've decided just to go ahead and fit my own, people were messing me around, I think they were worried about giving up their profit! I've chosen some with the loops already attached so at least that will make it easier for me, and I'll get to test out the hair at the same time.

Hi Katie I will do them for you as offered :) but you would have to come to down me but it may be a bit far for you :| minky x

Hey Minky,

Nice to hear from you again, I had ordered some hair for myself with the loops attached to make it easier, but I think they have got held up n the strike!! I wanted them in for my weekend in the lakes next week so fingers crossed.

I had a look at your photos on another thread, that brown hair looks gorgeous, I think after this set of extensions are done I may come to you and test out that hair? How much would that be do you think?

Hey Minky,
I had a look at your photos on another thread, that brown hair looks gorgeous, I think after this set of extensions are done I may come to you and test out that hair? How much would that be do you think?

Hi Katie, thank you :) its nice to see you again too

the brown hair you see below is the very same Pure virgin hair hair weft in all the photos I just softly permed and coloured it for the client to match her hair :)
PureVirginHairExtensions009.jpg

The above brown hair weft has been softly permed then lightened two stages with wella blondor and 6% (a runny mix)
then coloured deep red with rich wine stargazer semi ,
so just got to pre bond it all for now the client, then I will post the end result of my client on here ,
but it will also need styling into nice bigger curls or scrunch dried , the client has deep coloured cherry red naturally curly hair to match
PureVirginHairExtensions006.jpg

The red hair above (was) the brown hair weft but I softly permed and coloured it a deep cherry red to match the clients own hair

The Pure natural virgin hair weft in the above top photo comes in the natural brown colour and priced fifty five for 100 grams of 20 inch weft or bundle hair and is enough to make a whole head of pre bonded or stick hair
just pm me if anyone wants details :) x minky

Last edited:
Hi, here is the same hair installed

PureVirginHairExtensionsgettingi-9.jpg

My model with short hair
PureVirginHairExtensionsgettingi-2.jpg

The install
PureVirginHairExtensionsgettingi-8.jpg

Checking it out

PureVirginHairExtensionsgettingi-5.jpg

All smiles I think she likes it

Pure Virgin 20 inch Hair extensions by minky

Ps....it needs washing and styling yet so I will put another photo up when it has been styled with tongs or straighteners :) minky

that looks amazing minky, you are super talented, to totally get such a good colour match and wave through the hair. a true professional. x

Hi Minky!
I'm new to salon geek but was just wondering if you could tell us the supplier of the hair.. looks really nice! I'm struggling to find good reliable suppliers at the moment! I find many won't send samples of hair. Really like to use Cinderella hair but not so keen on the price tag and neither are my clients!
Or if anyone else knows any good companys who don't just supply in bulk orders- too expensive! Especially looking for good quality stick tip hair. Love the 'mini plugs by the strongest link' and would like to find a cheaper alternative to offer.

Thanks
Livya x

Hi Minky!
I'm new to salon geek but was just wondering if you could tell us the supplier of the hair.. looks really nice! I'm struggling to find good reliable suppliers at the moment! I find many won't send samples of hair. Really like to use Cinderella hair but not so keen on the price tag and neither are my clients!
Or if anyone else knows any good companys who don't just supply in bulk orders- too expensive! Especially looking for good quality stick tip hair. Love the 'mini plugs by the strongest link' and would like to find a cheaper alternative to offer.

Thanks
Livya x

Hi, livya , welcome to salon geek :) I usually find some good hair and then pre tip it myself , as its cheaper hat way
but... Tasha jacks do good hair and Banbury Postiche , I find buying the very best European hair is the best option as this lasts for ages and is reusable
anyway I will pm you with the details of the pure virgin hair I used, its lovely and very reasonably priced and will last ages
too but it isn't pre tipped though , :hug: minky

Latest posts

Back