Hair extensionists help, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry hun but yes... my lowest (but still very good quality) range starts at nearly double that... and that's for 16" where as I think it's safe to say you have more than that there.

How does the hair behave after being straightened? Not that it will help with your reaction but it may tell you if there has been anything synthetic added to the hair.
Then again it's very very rare for anyone to react to synthetic hair as it is just a form of plastic... it would be much more likely that you are reacting to a chemical used in either the stripping process or colour saturation.
Or even something that has been used to imitate and preserve good condition of the hair.

x

Oh great! Lol

t's not to bad when straightening but I only have to give it a quick once over to stop it looking frizzy, but on the other hand when I curled it with the straighteners and obviously this means slowly holding the straighteners all the way down the hair a little longer than straightening I noticed a plum sticky residue on the plates of my straighteners, as though it had slightly melted onto the plates, As I'm thinking of everything now it's adding up more and more that this has got to have synthetic hair in the extensions!

Human hair would not do such a thing but at the time I just passed it off as being colour they used to dye it! Don't ask why but being told you have 100% human hair you wouldn't naturally jump to the conclusion of it 'melting'!

Does she have the right to keep where they were from confidential? I'm sure a while ago there was a thread on here with Jamelia YouTube clips saying we should have the right to know where our extensions come from x

It costs more than £225 to get hair tested. Surely your own common sense told you that you will not get a good set of 20" hair ext for that money?
You are either allergic to the metal in the micro rings, which is common, or the dye used on the hair, or the hair has been heavily coated with silicon.
You need to get them out ASAP and put it down to experience.
If you still want ext, seek out a hairdresser who uses either raccoon method, or ballmain method, as no metal is used.

As a rough guide, a good head of 20" ext should start at around £400 in a cheaper salon. In a good London salon, £7-800 is normal.

That is the usual hair extension price in my area though so I wouldn't think any different, I had liked her Facebook page and had been watching her work for a while and decided to get them done, would it cost her a lot to send off the hair to her supplier? I've seen a few times on here that people have sent samples back to suppliers and shared the outcome so didn't think would cost too much? I was thinking if I knew her supplier I could contact them myself x

Last edited:
I don't think the hair isn't human as it would be severely matted if it wasn't I have a feeling it's the metal in te rings asi said earlier for instance I have a nickel allergy and was told that if nickel touches say your ear it doesn't mean the rash will come out on your ear it can come out in other places I think they maybe just don't agree with you and as suggested I would have them removed x

Think I'm going to have to get them removed then, they are quite knotty wouldn't say matted but very tangly and very easily knotted, they looked fab for one day and when I'd washed them the quality had gone x

this is odd id defo get them removed, i dont think they are synthetic hair i bet its just really cheap hair shes used! so once its washed once it goes yack so proberly off ebay! or the likes if it was me id ask her where it was purchased from if she wont tell you then say you would like to get the hair sent away for testing etc. she should co-operate i know of one of my clients had a problem like this id be wanting to also know the cause and help you!
i use Remy indian hair from hair planet and have never had this problem and my full head prices are around what you paid!
hope u can get to the bottom of it

this is odd id defo get them removed, i dont think they are synthetic hair i bet its just really cheap hair shes used! so once its washed once it goes yack so proberly off ebay! or the likes if it was me id ask her where it was purchased from if she wont tell you then say you would like to get the hair sent away for testing etc. she should co-operate i know of one of my clients had a problem like this id be wanting to also know the cause and help you!
i use Remy indian hair from hair planet and have never had this problem and my full head prices are around what you paid!
hope u can get to the bottom of it

Such a waste of £225 lol I'm going to ask her where her hair was from and if she's sure it's 100% human x

Does anybody know then if I am
Within rights to know where the hair was from so I can speak to the company directly?

And if I am how should I word asking her? x

Feel bad for u ,just ask her what has she got to lose unless she is using really cheap hair of ebay ,
Good to know someone else is using hair planet trying to get on a course for prebonds and will be using them too ,was thinking 260 for a full head cut and shape :-D

Does anybody know then if I am
Within rights to know where the hair was from so I can speak to the company directly?

And if I am how should I word asking her? x

For such a cheap price i'd say it hair off eBay! It also sounds Chinese too which when washed a few times goes very tatty! :(

Feel bad for u ,just ask her what has she got to lose unless she is using really cheap hair of ebay ,
Good to know someone else is using hair planet trying to get on a course for prebonds and will be using them too ,was thinking 260 for a full head cut and shape :-D

for budget hair i really like hair planet's hair so do my clients

For such a cheap price i'd say it hair off eBay! It also sounds Chinese too which when washed a few times goes very tatty! :(

It possibly is but she won't tell me where the hair is from! x

whats she said??

She said that she will not disclose her suppliers information as she has her own supplier, and supplies the hair extensions to other companies too.. Not that this is a big deal to a hair extension client! She seems all too secretive to me so I just told her I want them out and she's agreed to take them out for me, I can't even say she's given me a deal for removal as she doesn't charge for removal of her own hair x

Latest posts

Back