Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

I have been wearing extentions for the past couple of years or more...I like them. I have them weaved and usually they are 22-24 inch or longer

It takes time to get used to them and to learn to care for them properly...brushing properly with the right kind of brush is important to avoid tangling.

As well, there are different types of human hair and quality of hair some are better than others....obviously the better ones last longer,tangle less and are not dry.

Only those who work with extensions would know that I wear them..they should be natural looking.

my daugther has had her Balmain extensions in for 3 mths now and they look as good today as they did the day i put them in and if you follow the proper after care routine they are guarentined for 6 mths (not that i have ever had to complain about them) so they cann't be that bad

Ive had the glued extensions in and the weaved which were really tight when they were first done but after a couple of days they were fine.

I will try and find a piccy of the glued ones imuch prefer these and i can do them myself now

lis:)

Your all wimps lol, you can tell the hair tech if its too tight to loosen up a bit, they don't bite.

Take in pictures of what you want and what you want to be able to do.

I've had all, glued, sewn and single braids and I prefer sewn reason being:
  1. you don't loose so much of your hair
  2. you can get styles so your not limited
  3. your hair is protected from harsh elements because it cornrowed
  4. and its reasonably priced
I'm forever changing my hair check out my gallery just had a new one done and yes your right extensions are for everyone so don't be scare when you go into a black salon, my mates come with to get their hair cornrowed and don't feel no way.

I pay £90 to get mine done that's including the hair which I get myself, I'd advise you to do the same, if you want any info on where to get the hair pm me :hug: .

hi im a qualified hair extensionist also and have just done another course with balmain...thats 3 under my belt now so im learning all the time..if i can do anything to help please send me a message i have lots and lots of install pics of my clients...:green:

i know this is an old post but now that ive read it im really curious as to find out how they turned out.did you have them done and have you got any pictures?

Ok Amy deman

Maybe you are a hairdresser or something,

but in terms of my experience in an afro salon which was being talked about within the original question..................bonding is done with wefts that is attatched to your scalp in between sections of hair. The hair sometimes lifts due to the heat that the scalp generates.

My extensions are not glued in.........they use a special wax that is kinder to the hair.................maybe its a salon thing as in terms of using the wax instead of glue....cant answer that............again just going by MY experience.

hey hun.... I'm sorry but amy is right!! the type of hair extensions you are refering to are just glued in wefts!! and they should NEVER be glued onto the scalp! they should be placed on the hair line near the scalp!! glueing them onto the scalp will restrict the hair folical and cause damage!! Racoon is a type of 'Bonded' hair extension. I've been trained in hair extensions for 6 years hunni and i have lots of experience!! :) xxxxx

I've had a weave (4 rows) put in many times and it is painful if you're headsore so bare that on mind. The last time I had it done I had to take it out when I got home even after asking her to loosen it as I could feel it pulling my hair out at the root :( so yeah now I have two bald patches.

Make sure this doesn't happen to you Hun!

Also is the £120 including the hair? If not that's really expensive!

Why Oh Why do people resurrect these old threads!!!
This one started in 06 and hasnt been active for over 5 years apart from one post in 06! Surely these should be closed and used for reference only!

Zombie thread!!!! :eek:

Hi,

I am a Hair Extension Technician trained in different systems with my own hair extension salon in Northants. Weaves (whether sewn in or glued in) are not a good move for european hair, they are made for afro carribean hair.

Firstly, if sewn in they are very tightly sewn and this causes both pain and stress at the root of your hair shaft (this is especially an important point if you have fine hair).

Secondly, they will not last as long as other methods as when your natural hair starts to grow, the weft loosens (you may only get 1 month out of them). You have said that your friend has only just had them done, give a little time and they will not look so good.

Thirdly, wefts do not flow with your natural hair and therefore feel and look bulky.

Fourthly, it is impossible to wash them thoroughly and after a little while they begin to smell (a bit like cat wee).

The best system is separate glued in bonds. These look really natural and flow properly with your hair. They are easy to look after and can last up to 6 months.

The best advice that I can give you is to seek out a good Hair Extension Technician and unfortunately there are a lot of bad ones out there.

If I can help you further please ask.

Couldnt of said it better myself!!

Your all wimps lol, you can tell the hair tech if its too tight to loosen up a bit, they don't bite.

Take in pictures of what you want and what you want to be able to do.

I've had all, glued, sewn and single braids and I prefer sewn reason being:
  1. you don't loose so much of your hair
  2. you can get styles so your not limited
  3. your hair is protected from harsh elements because it cornrowed
  4. and its reasonably priced
I'm forever changing my hair check out my gallery just had a new one done and yes your right extensions are for everyone so don't be scare when you go into a black salon, my mates come with to get their hair cornrowed and don't feel no way.

I pay £90 to get mine done that's including the hair which I get myself, I'd advise you to do the same, if you want any info on where to get the hair pm me :hug: .

What a load of rubbish!
you dont lose much hair as its trapped in the weave! you can get styles with any sort of extension? how on earth is your hair protected from harsh elements as its cornrowed? that doeasnt even make sense? mor likely to cause traction aloepecia you mean?e
you really think youre getting good hair,and fitting for £90??
ive had too many ladies come to me asking me to remove some weaves the unprofessional people have put in for them,and i simply wont do it anymore, ive had my fill of bleeding, scaby, bald scalps,and dont want blaming for the poor customer service,application,and down right disrespect for the hair industry............

Latest posts

Back