Hair geek or extension geek?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXcharleyXx

Reaction score
Anybody else notice not many hair related posts on here any more as compaired to extensions, also with a lot of the extension it's not being hairdressers should there not be an extension geek forum for them and leave this as professional hairdressing questions? I know this isn't one but not many members seem to come on anymore as it's being over ran. :rolleyes:

I'm a hair geek & just bypass the extension threads unless it had to do with weave. There a a few hairdressers who are also extensionists so they might feel differently ,

I'm a hair geek & just bypass the extension threads unless it had to do with weave. There a a few hairdressers who are also extensionists so they might feel differently ,

Yeah I agree with that but a lot of the extensionists on here are not qualified for other services and if a separate forum was created it would keep everything in one place neat and tidy. A lot of regular geeks don't come on anymore who's voiced concern about this in the past

I would prefer a seperate post for extensionists to be honest as I have no interest so when I go onto hair geek now the majority of the posts are re extensions 😔

I'm just an extensionist and I agree.

There's a scroll button for a reason - and I use it a lot.

If we had separate extension bits to hair bits it would also make our life's a lot easier too - as well as yours.

Because we get annoyed with 'how do I colour my clients hair from black to blonde with no bleach' as I'm sure you get annoyed with 'another supplier thread'

Simples.

I'm just an extensionist and I agree.

There's a scroll button for a reason - and I use it a lot.

If we had separate extension bits to hair bits it would also make our life's a lot easier too - as well as yours.

Because we get annoyed with 'how do I colour my clients hair from black to blonde with no bleach' as I'm sure you get annoyed with 'another supplier thread'

Simples.

Totally agree with the above! Think this thread swings both ways!!!!

Simples.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but if anyone is writing a thread like that they're not a hairdresser.

Saying that is like saying it should just be hair extension questions not colour and actual hairdressing questions.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but if anyone is writing a thread like that they're not a hairdresser.

Saying that is like saying it should just be hair extension questions not colour and actual hairdressing questions.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. But yes I've seen some threads like that from trained hairdressers. Now I'm not trained in colour - but even I know that's a silly question.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390864170.220788.jpg

[QUOTE=Chantelle

I couldn't resist! Thought it would lighten the mood a little! Xx

I'm a hAir extension technician and have got a hairdressing qualification last year, I never every find the hAirdressing questions boring and I never bypass them as even before I started my hairdressing course I still found them interesting.

I'm a beauty and extension only geek.
I think it would be nice to have an extension only section :)

Not gonna happen it's been discussed and explained many a times it like having separate forum for nails and acrylics it's still to do with nails same as extensions has to do with hair, I'm a hairdresser and and I do extensions it would be great in the long run but like I said not gonna happen x

Yeah I agree with that but a lot of the extensionists on here are not qualified for other services and if a separate forum was created it would keep everything in one place neat and tidy. A lot of regular geeks don't come on anymore who's voiced concern about this in the past

Your absolutely right. Yes there should be a separate forum. Also the profile part we fill out about ourselves shouldn't just have hair as the extension only geeks also click this , doing only extensions doesn't make you a hairdresser or give you the extent knowledge we have trained & worked our butts off for. As well as having a separate forum the profile should be changed so when viewed we know if the person is hair or extension only.

Your absolutely right. Yes there should be a separate forum. Also the profile part we fill out about ourselves shouldn't just have hair as the extension only geeks also click this , doing only extensions doesn't make you a hairdresser or give you the extent knowledge we have trained & worked our butts off for. As well as having a separate forum the profile should be changed so when viewed we know if the person is hair or extension only.

Does the fact that some of us are just extensionists make us unprofessional or something?

Last edited:
I'm a fully trained hairdresser and hair extension technician (trained as hairdresser first) and i don't feel the need to separate hair extensions from hairdressing as a good extensionist has to have a fairly good knowledge of hairdressing in order to be able to provide good extensions and ensure they are cut and colored to blend correctly. However i do feel there should be a section on our profiles for extensionist for those who are not also trained hairdressers.

And as regards to having annoying posts about extensions clogging up the forums i think there more important posts to be concerned about such as the amount of non hairdressers asking for colour advise and actually being given the advise by a number of trained hairdresser when the non hairdresser are now going to go do their own hair with a good risk of doing damage and watering down our own business's as there being given the advise to do their own at home.

I understand what the op is saying but I just don't read threads that don't apply to me , saying that I am looking to do a training course in extensions , as for those who do apply extensions aren't any good is rubbish , I'm a qualified hairdresser but wouldn't have a clue how to do a full head of extensions lol x

Im a hair extension technician and I get sick of some of the repetitive questions to be honest - I think it would be nice to split them but there is some cross over.

I do think it won't happen though as although different training is required and the knowledge of a hairdresser much more technical, it would be like splitting up skin into all of its sub categories. I feel what would be a better solution is to merge some of the topics or close stuff where people keep making the same threads.

Still does it makes us less professional?

Latest posts

Back