Hair growing quickly-client complaint advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiealice

Reaction score
I am trained by Kim and obviously used the same method as I always use, I only use PR wax and have just received this from a client. She came with a friend is always slightly funny about the price (I'm very reasonable!) and I don't genuinely think this is to do with my waxing but need someone experienced to help me with a reply. I've probably lost her and her friend as clients but do feel I need to defend my skills as a waxer. I'm wondering if it could be the timing of the hair regrowth/sun or something but don't have enough experience to say for certain! I know the hair didn't break...I could understand if was just legs or underarms but was all areas! Dates wise it was her 3rd wax with me, 1st was 26th April, 12th June then 7th august if this helps!

just back from holiday and I am sure you would prefer me to be honest so I will be. The last wax you did was no where near as good as usual. My legs and Knees came through after 5 days with blunt stubble, same with my hollywood...I have had to get wax strips to use on holiday and my underarms have come through as well. I expect much longer to be honest. I have contacted **** and she has experienced similar although not as quickly. I just thought I should let you know, I don't want anything for free but am very disappointed especially as I was holiday. ***** x

I find that clients can have a fast hair growth spurt every third or fourth wax, especially if they are brand new to waxing. Could you ask her to pop into the salon asap to have a look for yourself, or ask for photos, just say its to assess where she is in her hair growth stage? That way if it did start to grow through after such a short time then you should see fairly long growth by now.
I cant see how anything you may or may not have done would cause it to be stubbly as she says, maybe she just has coarse hair, which can take a good while to soften and thin out x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Any idea if she shaved during the june to august period? Sounds to me as there was probably hair removed during that time..a. it's a long gap between and b.it would have been sunny so very tempting to shave.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Trixybelle I have heard of that and did wonder if it's purely been a growth spurt. I don't want to offend her But think I need to say (as nicely as possible) that all I can do is remove the hair, which was definitely all gone and Hollywood definitely all out at the root but can't guarantee a certain hair free period due to individual hair growth rates and growth spurts.

Steph she said she hadn't shaved but I agree it's a long time to go! She travels about 30 miles to me as she likes the Hollywood waxing so can't just pop in unfortunately. I do hope it's nothing I've done but don't understand how she can be dissapointed in the wax if it was all gone when she left. I surely can't have broken every hair off on both legs Hollywood and underarms??!

Has she had waxing before is the 3 times all she has ever had. I do find with clients that they have to have it done regularly to ensure a smooth wax. I doubt you have broken all the hairs on all areas. Could be that she did shave at a point or use hair removal cream. You can usually tell. If she came in after what 9 weeks of not removing hair then usually its fairly long or dense in certain parts especially for a hollywood. But all depends on how long she has been waxing. Not to mention regular exfoliation and moisturising.

I'm trying to remember...I see a lot of hairy bits!! I would say it's possible though I mean 8/9 weeks is a long time!

I may sound like I’ve got bad attitude here but I’m happy to lose these kinds of clients. Does she think you are somehow responsible for what her body does? You’re paid to pull out the hair in front of you and not ensuring her being smooth for any set period of time. Unless you broke every hair (which would be impossible even if you tried too) I strongly suspect she does her own hair removal in between her treatments so there’s nothing you can do about it other than tell her she will not get long lasting results unless she gets waxed every 4 or 5 weeks and doesn’t touch her hair between.

It’s just not possible for a hair root to reform and sprout a hair in 5 days.

When people are exposed to the sun it causes the hairs to grow a lot faster than usual. Living and working in a hot country I saw this happen all the time. Clients would come on holiday and need to come for a wax before the end of there holiday.

I get waxed every 6-8 weeks.. This time
I was going on holiday and my legs and underarms don't look like they have been done, that was 2 weeks ago I got waxed ! After about 5 days my underarms were bad. I think it just depends on your hair growth, I know it's nothing the girl that waxed me has done and it's nothing you have done either. My Hollywood has lasted, it always does but every so often my underarms spurt like days later. It's annoying cause I lost a client because of this with her eye brows, she said 5 days later I had missed bits when really it was because it had just grown through! If I had missed it I would have seen it when she left and I always show clients in the mirror so she would have saw too!! Xx

I may sound like I’ve got bad attitude here but I’m happy to lose these kinds of clients. Does she think you are somehow responsible for what her body does? You’re paid to pull out the hair in front of you and not ensuring her being smooth for any set period of time. Unless you broke every hair (which would be impossible even if you tried too) I strongly suspect she does her own hair removal in between her treatments so there’s nothing you can do about it other than tell her she will not get long lasting results unless she gets waxed every 4 or 5 weeks and doesn’t touch her hair between.

It’s just not possible for a hair root to reform and sprout a hair in 5 days.

I agree with this to a point however some people have no knowledge of the hair growth cycle whatsoever and unless they are made aware then they will think you are at fault. You can usually feel hair that has broke off or is just about to break through the surface. I often get clients to feel over an area to see if they are satisfied. if they are new to waxing I would get them to stick to rigid appts (dependent on the area you are doing) so you can wax them at the optimum times to get the best results from the service.

Oh yes of course sorry I should have said I always explain the regrowth cycle on the first appointment and even include a "what results can I expect" explanation on my consultation form which they sign to agree that they understand....only after that do I stick my nose in the air if they start complaining!

You know if they have not been a regular waxer and have always shaved, hairs may have snapped from just underneath the surface.
Not necessarily anything you could have done.

Hairs after years of shaving can be blooming strong.Thing is with waxing certain individuals its an ongoing process a bit like facials you are not always going to get the results you both want without a bit of patience.
You get to know the areas that are tough and how your technique may have to change and they realise they are not going to have silky smooth legs for 6 weeks like they often believe waxing will give them.

Often regular shavers will never take to waxing because they never want any growth.
What stuck out to me was she was worried about what you charge and made something of it so she could just be a chancer and best be rid of her as she will probably never be happy.If you think otherwise then try and get her to work with you and continue but waxing isn't always everyones answer.

Agreed with all replies. I would just respond with "oh no im so sorry to hear that. It can take a while for the hair cycle to regulate itself. Its best to come btween 4-6 weeks that way we can get ontop of it anf hopefully get ahold of the cycle. Its just one of those things im afraid" no point using jargon as it goes in one ear and out the next. Just go on to explain the benefits of exfoliation and moisturising.

Thanks everyone much appreciated! I have replied with something along the lines of what you suggested Steph, heard nothing back but I've realised it's nothing I've done. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back