Hairdressers Scales - please help - I am going crazy!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viola

Reaction score
Hi everyone, please can someone come to my rescue again?

On advice I bought myself some hairdressers scales from Sallys - but I am now totally confused as it appears to have every measurement apart from mls! :irked:

Majirel state mix 50ml with 75ml oxidant/developer but as the professional scale does not have ml's I am completely lost. How on earth do I convert 50ml & 75ml to oz, kg's?

Please help x

its the ratio that counts , but i guess you wont be weighing your peroxide on the same scales! i know that with water 1 ml is supposed to equal 1 g

er, you dont use scales for colour mixing. The tubes of majirel are marked down the side to show 1/4 and 1/2 a tube (if the tube is 50 ml then half is 25ml etc) in a little measuring cup ( about 2 quid from the wholesalers) you measure out the required peroxide.
My only question is, why were you not taught this when you were training?

We had a Clynol rep come into our college and she used the scales because she said she would get a completley exact measurement. Yeah thats right, 1g is the same as 1ml. Ml's is measurements of liquid etc and grams are for like solids.

Yeh I have wondered this before I use a tube and a measuring bottle for colour but I have heard of people using a scales. Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt the peroxide and tint have different weights e.g a weight ratio of 1 to 1.5 (eg 50grams to 75grams) will not be the same as a liquid
50ML to 75ml. It cant be the same because of the different densitys of tints and different peroxides. If you weighwed out 50ml it would not weigh 50 grams i dont get it!!!!

Please read the usage instructions inside the majirel box!!!!

I do and like I said I use a tint and a measuring tub-it was a general quiery as of why do some stylists use a scales is it to do with different companies. I have seen a loreal trained stylist use the scales and a wella master colourist use them too, I use a measurer because i wonder about the weights etc that all what do u guys do.xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have scales at my salon and they are fab. You get no wastage and you know that you have the exact mix. I ml is near enough damn it to 1 g and we've never had any problem with them!

Thanks angela that what I thaught-i was worried that i would get the conversion wrong hence why havent used them since I been on my own!!:)

Latest posts

Back