Hairdressing problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimples xx

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

My friend has been hairdressing for the past 8 years and knows every aspect of it,shes planning on going mobile but has no certificates as she trained doing an apprenticeship 10 years ago and obtained no papers,can she still go ahead and do this,

any helps appreciated,

thanks

i freelance and its all word of mouth so far, like your friend i have been hairdressing 20 yrs but took some time off with kids so this works great around them!
I have never been asked for certs when i go to people's houses.

i know someone who has been barbering for over 30 years now, she doesn't have her paperwork but has never had any problems getting a job or clients because of word of mouth.

hi it would only make a difference if she wanted insurance cant get it without qualifications x

hi it would only make a difference if she wanted insurance cant get it without qualifications x

This was what I thought - you need public liability insurance to be mobile/freelance but I noticed she was from Ireland so not sure if the rules are different there.

Why would you do any 'treatment' without insurance ?? What would you do if something went wrong ?????????????

yeh hun she would need insurance.

otherwise if something went wrong, she could be sued for thousands upon thousands...its too risky.

I would doubt the quality of someone who works without insurance...its just something we should all do. Wouldn't understand why anyone would risk working without it. x

NVQ's have been around more than 10 years. It changed from C&G about 16 years ago.
Before C&G you had apprentiship papers which proved you were trained.

Would it not be easier for your friend to race through a course and get an NVQ2?

If she had a problem, insurance would ask to see evidence she was trained and qualified. My insurance stipulates that all stylists and therapists have a recognised qualification.
It only takes a tint allergy....

Thanks everyone for the replies,I had a feeling you couldnt get insurance without papers,the nvq2 course sounds like a good option though.

Latest posts

Back