Has anyone gotten married abroad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
If so,

Where? Any pictures? Any problems? Any advise? Any agency recommendations?

Just considering our options at the moment.

Xx

I got married abroad and have photographed a number of destination weddings in South Aftica, Jamaica, Las Vegas and Spain. Take a look at www.imageXperience.com/weddings and www.YouTube.com/imageXperience for photos and slideshows. Photographed a beauty therapist's engagement session at knowle park, her wedding over here, then her Spain blessing in Nerja a couple of weeks later, was amazing.

Congrats and good luck x

I got married in las vegas. No problems, planned where and what I wanted before I went, booked through thompson so I could take an extra case for my wedding dress. Been married almost 5 years :)

Heres me and hubby on the big day!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1397136508146.jpg
    1397136508146.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 264
I am planning mine at the moment. It will be in Tuscany as that's where we got engaged. We have to be careful with the paperwork for Italy so are using a planner to deal with this side for us. Obviously if you are getting married in an English speaking country you don't have to worry as much!

We are visiting soon to check which venue/area is our favourite, personally I would not feel comfortable getting married somewhere I have never seen in person.

I got married in las vegas. No problems, planned where and what I wanted before I went, booked through thompson so I could take an extra case for my wedding dress. Been married almost 5 years :)

Heres me and hubby on the big day!

Aww you look lovely! Did you have guests at your wedding? I know not many people will be able to afford to come if we went too far away, but I'm ok with that I don't like too much fuss.

Il take a look at Thompson :)

Thanks for sharing!

Xx

I am planning mine at the moment. It will be in Tuscany as that's where we got engaged. We have to be careful with the paperwork for Italy so are using a planner to deal with this side for us. Obviously if you are getting married in an English speaking country you don't have to worry as much!

We are visiting soon to check which venue/area is our favourite, personally I would not feel comfortable getting married somewhere I have never seen in person.

Yes I see your point, we go to Thailand quite abit so that would be an obvious choice, but I fancy somewhere different...plus think (may be wrong here) but the actual ceremony isn't legally binding, think you have to go & get married a few days before somewhere else. Id like the actual ceremony to be the one & only time we get married ;)

What are you looking at planning in Tuscany? I really fancy a beach wedding. Xx

Aww you look lovely! Did you have guests at your wedding? I know not many people will be able to afford to come if we went too far away, but I'm ok with that I don't like too much fuss.

Il take a look at Thompson :)

Thanks for sharing!

Xx

No we had no guests, just the two of us, family and friends watched it live on webcam from home and we had a reception when we came back. I originally planned a uk wedding but found out I was pregnant 6 months before so cancelled it, we were planning on vegas for our honeymoon so decided to go there and get married before the baby came. To be honest most people would say they couldnt get married without all of their friends and family present but for me it was about the two of us and I wouldnt change it :)

Aww I quite like the idea of just the two of us but I know my Mum would want to be there & my Grandparents. So going to have a min of 4 guests at least ;)

What time of year did you both get married in vegas?

Where did you stay?

Xx

I got married 12th September. The day before they had a massive downpour of rain and it flooded very badly, a few people died! But the next day it was a beautiful day. We stayed at the Venetian x

Aww I quite like the idea of just the two of us but I know my Mum would want to be there & my Grandparents. So going to have a min of 4 guests at least ;)

What time of year did you both get married in vegas?

Where did you stay?

Xx

I got married on 25th may at the little white wedding chapel and stayed at the MGM Grand

I got married in August 2012 in Barbados.

We had to send our paperwork 12 weeks before the ceremony. Once we got there we had to go to the registrars office to get the licence and meet the Reverand.

I liaised with hotel for decor flowers etc
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397148620.686946.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I got married in August 2012 in Barbados.

We had to send our paperwork 12 weeks before the ceremony. Once we got there we had to go to the registrars office to get the licence and meet the Reverand.

I liaised with hotel for decor flowers etc
View attachment 61579

Aww lovely pic, thanks for sharing!

Did you organise everything yourself? or through a company? If you did it yourself was it complicated?

What time of year did you go? What was the weather like?

Xx

Aww lovely pic, thanks for sharing!

Did you organise everything yourself? or through a company? If you did it yourself was it complicated?

What time of year did you go? What was the weather like?

Xx

Thank you! 😊

We booked through Tropical sky, they gave us details of wedding co-ordinater at the hotel, then we liaised with her.
They were very slow though.
Researched on Internet what documents we'd need, checked on their county rules for weddings.

The wedding co-ordinater sent us video & photo packages which we choose, they had price lists for flowers decor etc.
But I took my own button holes made from artificial flowers from here, and a roll of voil for chair tie-backs. The only thing they did was put a marque on the beach for the reception. Tie the voil on chairs. Packages included cake & my bouquet.

We spent over £8000 just on tickets & accommodation so had to cut back on getting everything done by them.
Worked out great coz I took artificial flowers & 3 vases for the 3 tables we had on the beach, and it's all in my keepsake box now!

We went in August it was hurricane season so was a bit worried, but that weekend there was 5 wedding including ours and we had no rain.

Just do all the research you can and gather your documents coz the last thing you want is to plan go there only to be told you don't have one piece of paper which won't allow you to get married.

Good luck!

We got married in Cyprus (Paphos) nearly 7 years ago, we had about 40 guests as people decided where they wanted to stay depending on their budget. Had the most amazing time and would choose it all the same again.xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397167807.017446.jpg

We got married in Vegas, no guests! Reception when we got bk! Loved it. We got married at the gracelands chapel an booked through Thomas cook x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397205299.203726.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397205307.783958.jpg
I got married in Australia! Loved it, the day was so laid back it was almost like a normal day just getting dressed up! Wasn't nervous at all, just us, my 2 sons and 9 closest family. Defiantly less stressful than organising a wedding here at home. We got married in the amphitheatre in the Above pic, then went to have pics in the surrounding botanical gardens then onto the beach xx

We got married in Santorini Greece 10 years ago. Beautiful setting for a wedding. You do have to register the marriage at home and with the embassy of the country that you are getting married in so a bit more paperwork but well worth it. I am glad I did it abroad.

We got married in Gibraltar. Organised it all by email, just me and the Registary office. Faxed all relevant documentation over, had to go 48 hours before the ceremony with the originals. Cost around £50 total and was the best day of our lives. I didn't even tell my now husband until we left for Spain lol

We got married in Cyprus (Paphos) nearly 7 years ago, we had about 40 guests as people decided where they wanted to stay depending on their budget. Had the most amazing time and would choose it all the same again.xView attachment 61624

Aww it looks lovely! Xx

View attachment 61655View attachment 61656
I got married in Australia! Loved it, the day was so laid back it was almost like a normal day just getting dressed up! Wasn't nervous at all, just us, my 2 sons and 9 closest family. Defiantly less stressful than organising a wedding here at home. We got married in the amphitheatre in the Above pic, then went to have pics in the surrounding botanical gardens then onto the beach xx

Aww again looks lovely! I like the idea of it being laid back, what an amazing setting to get married in!

Xx

Latest posts

Back