Has anyone gotten married abroad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for sharing... I ❤️ Your wedding pictures, you all look stunning! Im getting excited... It will probably be in a year or so, so plenty of time to get researching.

Id imagine the closer to home we go the more people would come, but i really fancy something low key but a party when we get back, & not to put financial stress on my friends. I could imagine the ones I want there not affording it & the ones I'm not fussed about coming haha.

Xx

We got married on Thailand, you have to do the official stuff in Bangkok then meet friends and family in khoa lak. It was out of this world we had 3 amazing 5star weeks. We stayed at the la bua which was featured on the hangover. Then the Sarojin, I strongly suggest you check out their website.

We got married in Rhodes in 2007, a wedding planner did all the hard work,we just had to show up! We had 70 guests that came and partied in the sun with us for 2 weeks. We had such an amazing time,and I think of it often,wish we could do it all again! Compared to the price of weddings here in Ireland,we got ours for probably half the price...WITH sun! We let everyone know in January what we were doing and they went as their family hol.
Got it much cheaper too,by booking as such a big group!
Congrats & here's wishing you the best on your day...it was so exciting choosing the location! Let us know where you decide.
If you'd like details of my wedding planner,just pm, I'm still good friends with her to this day! She was meticulous..just like me! Lol!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1401563334160.jpg
    1401563334160.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 174
We got married on Thailand, you have to do the official stuff in Bangkok then meet friends and family in khoa lak. It was out of this world we had 3 amazing 5star weeks. We stayed at the la bua which was featured on the hangover. Then the Sarojin, I strongly suggest you check out their website.

This may sound silly, but the legal stuff I take it that was paper work? A friends brother got married in Thailand & my friend said they got married 4 days before their ceremony. My friend does get things mixed up quite a lot... So not sure if they actually did get married then had a ceremony or if it was just paper work.

& thanks Il google the place :)

Xx

We got married in Rhodes in 2007, a wedding planner did all the hard work,we just had to show up! We had 70 guests that came and partied in the sun with us for 2 weeks. We had such an amazing time,and I think of it often,wish we could do it all again! Compared to the price of weddings here in Ireland,we got ours for probably half the price...WITH sun! We let everyone know in January what we were doing and they went as their family hol.
Got it much cheaper too,by booking as such a big group!
Congrats & here's wishing you the best on your day...it was so exciting choosing the location! Let us know where you decide.
If you'd like details of my wedding planner,just pm, I'm still good friends with her to this day! She was meticulous..just like me! Lol!

It sounds perfect :) love the picture too!

Id like to go a little further so not many people come haha. Or just arrange it & tell people last min so they cant come with us... ;)

What time of year did you go?

Xx

We got married in Crete. June 2012. All if the Greek island are different in regards to what you need and how things are sent. We needed all required docs legalised, translated to Greek then approved by Greek consulate before sending them.

The only thing we had to sort out when we got there was flowers and my hair everything else was done for us and it was perfect

Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It sounds perfect :) love the picture too!

Id like to go a little further so not many people come haha. Or just arrange it & tell people last min so they cant come with us... ;)

What time of year did you go?

Xx

Ahhh yes! We were the opposite! We would have had a few arguments if we just did it on the quiet...sounds nice though. Would like to maybe sneak off and do something cheesy for our 20th anniv...hmmmm!
We got married in Sept,only because I'm THE most superstitious person alive and its the luckiest month supposedly! Don't laugh! Lol!
Was a nice time of year though as it wasn't soooo hot carrying around that dress all day! Ha!

We got married in Ravello on the Amalfi Coast in July 2012, we went back for our anniversary last year and will be there this July (we plan to celebrate every anniversary in Italy)
I love Italy.
It was the most wonderful perfect place to get married.

I can post a photo :-(
Says invalid image :-(

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617434.214386.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617558.282415.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617599.025437.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617625.314896.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617657.310227.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617698.595732.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617717.740841.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617742.866036.jpg

Sorry for all the pictures!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617460.761125.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401617460.761125.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 107
Aww thank you.
I think the dress is a work of art! I don't know what to do with it now, it's in a box but I'm still in love with it. X

We got married in Adana turkey 3 years ago , but we had to take all marriage documents to the British embassy who then gave us a certificate to say we could be married :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401620149.905365.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401620161.223200.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401620169.307187.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401620128.570178.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401620128.570178.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 106
Aww thank you.
I think the dress is a work of art! I don't know what to do with it now, it's in a box but I'm still in love with it. X

It's making me want to go there when I get married xx

It's making me want to go there when I get married xx

Do it!
It's perfect. The man that married us was the mayor of Ravello. They say Ravello is half way between the sea and the sky :)
We booked through Citalia, they organised everything x

We got married in Australia, just us 2 and was amazing. Had reception when we got back. Had to organise paperwork here beforehand and get a notary to sign it all, but it wasn't hard to organise everything in advance. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401625596.794024.jpg

We got married in Australia, just us 2 and was amazing. Had reception when we got back. Had to organise paperwork here beforehand and get a notary to sign it all, but it wasn't hard to organise everything in advance. View attachment 66601

Wow just look at the scenery... Lovely picture, thanks for sharing it :) was your families ok with it just being the two of you? Xx

I got married in cancun it was amazing xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401652700.736059.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401652714.631078.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401652714.631078.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 58
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401652724.944259.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401652724.944259.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back