Has anyone had their eyebrows ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Heidi but I totally disagree that if you do this part time, you won't be as good as someone who does it full time.

I only do PMU when asked as I'm too busy with my waxing biz but I have had fantastic results.

When I assisted with training on a PMU course this year in Harley St, one of the students had her make up done by one of the very well known industry leaders four years ago and it was such a mess that it's a wonder she didn't sue. The very same technician now appears on the tv and in magazines and I have seen her work close up and it's now fantastic. It just goes to show that we don't all start off as brilliant.

I've also seen the work of other well known celebrity techs and their work leaves a lot to be desired. I've also seen the work of 'unknown' techs and it's fabulous. However, they don't do PMU full time.

You may have done a lot of procedures Heidi but my guess is that you would be just as good if you'd have done 50. Good training is very important, but with PMU it's ultimately down to skill and having an artistic flair. We can all hum a tune, but that doesn't mean that with after a few singing lessons, we're going to be opera singers.

I couldn´t agree more. I believe you need to have feeling for this, artistic flair and insight and in this way it doesnt matter how many a year that you do since these natural talents don´t need to be practised on, but just maintained. I think it´s cool to be on this thread to help out the girl in question to tell her what to look out for etc...

Last edited:
Hiya,

It's vey inportant to have artistic flair, but only for the eyebrows. I just carnt see where else you would need to have an artistic skills.

What is important is understanding how different skin tones compliment or create disater with colour choices

what is important is hygiene and correct equipment (not equipment that is poorly designed and leeks contaminates)
( i recently read an article from a top school for pmu, they were asking their techs to clean handpiece correctly, they were finding contaminates in the equipment? is it the tech or the equipment that's poor?????

What also is important is having experience.

how can we possibly be the best if we arnt experienced enough to deal with client requests, complications or even medical issues as they arise.

There are good and bad in everyone, i met client who had pmu from a famous trainer, and i mean famous. her work was a mess. the cost £2,500 OMG

I trained 3yrs ago and have not stopped my research into my profession, i have even decided to complete a medical degree since training in PMU. I have had the support and backing from my trainer and have had loads of experience, is it enough..i don't think i will ever stop learning in this trade. I will be flying out to Vegas in the spring to one of the largest PMU conventions there is.

I am still learning every day, I just don't see how it can be purly on artistic flare.

Perhaps i take my work too serious, but that's not a bad thing..or is it?

jenx
P.S// its like any job or industry, if you don't have the correct training and experience your not going to be good and clients will never come back.

Hiya,

It's vey inportant to have artistic flair, but only for the eyebrows. I just carnt see where else you would need to have an artistic skills.
Just my opinion....:green:
I think with the eyeliner and lipcontour you need to be able to spot how to enhance that feature and have insight in symmetrie. to see how to bring the best out. i think you need just as much artistic skill on all those three aspects since you draw them in to bring the best out in someones features which means a different shape on each and every customer.

What is important is understanding how different skin tones compliment or create disater with colour choices

what is important is hygiene and correct equipment (not equipment that is poorly designed and leeks contaminates)
( i recently read an article from a top school for pmu, they were asking their techs to clean handpiece correctly, they were finding contaminates in the equipment? is it the tech or the equipment that's poor?????

What also is important is having experience.

how can we possibly be the best if we arnt experienced enough to deal with client requests, complications or even medical issues as they arise.

There are good and bad in everyone, i met client who had pmu from a famous trainer, and i mean famous. her work was a mess. the cost £2,500 => for real :eek:?

I trained 3yrs ago and have not stopped my research into my profession, i have even decided to complete a medical degree do you mean within pmu or how? Interesting to know in which way you combine these. since training in PMU. I have had the support and backing from my trainer and have had loads of experience, is it enough..i don't think i will ever stop learning in this trade. I will be flying out to Vegas in the spring to one of the largest PMU conventions there is.

I am still learning every day, I just don't see how it can be purly on artistic flare.
Indeed i don´t think either that it is purly on artistic skills at all but i just wanted to say that it is not necesairly so that if someone who has worked this bussines for 20 years or so and someone that has done this for two years that the one with the longest experience is delivering better results. I have seen many examples here in Sweden and in Belgium that made me think the way i do now.

Perhaps i take my work too serious, but that's not a bad thing..or is it?
I think that´s great to be very passionate about what you do, so am I. even though i only finished my course a month and a half ago but have been dreaming about doing this 6 years now *had to save up*

jenx
P.S// its like any job or industry, if you don't have the correct training and experience your not going to be good and clients will never come back.

So i will leave it at this... don´t want to become the anoying newbie over here LOL but just wanted to share my thoughts and see what others think concerning the same subject.
Lot´s of respect for you aswell Jenny. Was nice reading your reply

Hiya,

Eyeliners, i just dont see how you would do a better job if you were more artistic?

Perhaps i'm a natural, well..I was told that by my tutor...I never draw eyeliner first, i always free hand it.

you need to know what looks good or bad in this industry that goes without saying.

Every industry has good and bad: sadly that will never change

jenx

I had my eyebrows done in March of this year and its the best thing ever, although i did pay considerably more than £100! Thay do fade however but this does depend upon the colour and technique used, my therapist will top up for a minimal fee as long as the shape has not been lost. Do check this before you commit yourself and ask to look at previous work, does she have a portfolio? Or clients you can talk to? If you get it done well it looks fab, personally im hooked!!

Hi
I think I may be the lady who quoted £100 for PMU eyebrows.
In answer to some of the questions raised on this forum my comments are as follows:
1 - I am charging only £100 as I am still training, as stated in my advert for models. I charge £100 to cover my costs in carrying out the procedure.
2 - I am insured with Holistic Services Insurance.
3 - I am fully licensed by Leeds City Council.
4 - I have photographs of previous models for each procedure carried out. These are pictures of my models & not simply lifted from other web sites.
5 - I have attended the Nouveau Contour intensive training course, 5 workshops with trainer Sue Farley at Nouveau Contour & 2 advanced training days with Nilam Patel & Karen Betts
5 - The text of my advert reads as follows, which gives further information on my profile:
"I require portfolio models for the following treatments:

1 - Permanent Make Up - Hair stroke Brows, Eyeliner enhancements & Lip contours & blush

2 - Semi permanent eyelash extensions

Prior to all treatments a full consultation & patch test will
be carried out. & photographs are available of existing portfolio models for each of the above treatments..

I have completed an intensive training course in permanent make-up with Nouveau Contour & use the latest state of the art computerised equipment to create hair stroke effect eyebrows, eyeliner and lip enhancements with soft and natural, yet effective results.

I have also completed the Nouveau Lashes training course. Nouveau Lashes are state-of-the-art semi permanent eyelash extensions. Longer, thicker, natural looking lashes as seen on Extreme Makeover & loved by various celebrities including Victoria Beckham, Jade Goody & Patsy Palmer.

I now require models for my case studies & portfolio for both the permanent make-up & eyelash extensions.
If you have any queries or to book a consultation, please call Ann on 07912855741"

If anyone has any further questions please let me know & I will answer them.

Hiya, I don't think tinky winky had mentioned you or said that you were not a professional?

We have advised her what the dangers are of having PMU treatments with people who do not have respect for their industry. and just the dangers full stop.

I'm sure as a professional you will appreciate the advise

as Kim clearly mentioned, there are people who are charging far too cheaply..but..they are on the other hand putting their clients at risk.

jeny

Hi
I think I may be the lady who quoted £100 for PMU eyebrows.

I don't think they were talking about you. Sounds to me as though you're doing everything the right way. Keep up the good work. xx

Hi,

I had my eyebrows tattooed about 4 1/2 years ago and the are fab, best thing i did and i still get comments on them, the colour is still as good as when i first had them done. I had no pain at all the lady that did mine applied a numbing cream first but £100.00 seems cheap to me mine cost £275.00 back then. Check she as experience or is this why she is so cheap as she freshly trained, remember once dont cant be changed easily.

bubbles
:hug:

P.S loved mine so much had my eyeliner and lips done too but bloody hell the lips hurt.

bubbles
:eek:

Hi

I have been reading your threads regarding semi permanent eyebrows. I had mine done at the beauty show in London (excell docklands) by Nouveau ( Nilam Patel) and I have never looked back since. I need to have a colour boost every 18 months. The intial cost at the show was £250 (they do a special price at the show so it is always worth calling Nouveau before hand) They do what is called fine hair strokes so they look like hairs not just a block of solid colour. Nilam took an initial half an hour measuring and drawing on the eyebows to get the finished look. Then deciding the colours and tatooing. They put on emler cream before hand to numb the area. I now use a Nouveau trained person local to me in the South East for tops up. Ring Nouveau for techs in your area and then ask to see pictures of there work and how long they have trained, also I use a Semi permanent eye brow pencil when I need my colour boost and I haven't had time to get it down. It is called Styli Style and it is waterproof and semi permanent( I would say the best on the market).

Dawn

Latest posts

Back