Has anyone ordered EZ Flow products recently from USA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigi - I am sure I am speaking for most of the geeks when I say that we value both the advice given by yourself and GMG. We seriously take on board what you experts have to say. I would hate you to think you are not appreciated. We all luv you!

"How can anyone know?"

This is the fundamental and very appropriate question. No one can know until they know ;)
To be honest, it is the supplier that is at fault here (and in all fairness, they may not even know). Luckily, no harm has really been done. All we can do is tackle the situation as and when it arrives and hope all parties act responsibly. If not, it is only a matter of time before something terrible may happen. Fingers crossed it wont.

I just hope that anyone who reads this thread does take it seriously and acts accordingly. I fly transatlantic quite a bit and dont want to go down in flames because someone wanted cheap product ;)

In answer to your question - no I was not charging UK prices for items I bought from the USA. Why are we talking nail services anyway. I used to buy lots of nail products like ceramic dappen dishes for less than 50p each, striping brushes - less than 50p each, cuticle oil at less than half the price it is here. And when I sold these items I did NOT sell them at the UK prices I see in the company brochures. Even with the high shipping and import duties it still worked out cheaper than buying goods from the UK.
When, on the odd occasion, I purchased acrylic goods, by well known companies that I had received training from to use by the way - I did not charge £30 upwards for extensions. I wish! Unfortunately I am in an area where people will not pay a great deal and competition is strong. Even good salons using Creative products only charge £28.00 a set and so a little mobile business like my own could only charge £20.00 to get clients - if I was lucky. And it had nothing to do with skill and not offering a good service as I have been trained 4 years now and I know I can do them well.
At the end of the day,I had no choice but to find the best prices for goods.
I did my training, expected to make some kind of living and was very disappointed that I couldn't earn as much as I was lead to believe at the time. Oh you can charge x amount - no problem. Well it was and is a problem. That's my tough luck but I had to live with it as best I could.

And now I rest my case. :Rolleyes:

Question??? :?: Are those who are buying 'cheaper' direct form the USA charging the cheaper USA pricesfor their nail services???? huh??

NO I bet they're charging UK prices for their nail services .... now who actually are the greedy ones??? :rolleyes: I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

....well now all the above leads me to ask a question....i will put my hand up and say that I buy my ezflow stuff from the USA, i buy powders & liquids, they cost a fraction of what we are charged for them here as does the training...ezflow (head office) recently emailed me to ask me if i wanted to go on one of their Ezflow Educator training courses, now i had contacted California nails in the past about doing this but it was working out at over £1000 which i didn't have to spend at the time so you can imagine the shock i got when i read the details of the course in the states and found out that it was only going to cost me $350 and for that i got the 4 day training course plus $1500 worth of ezflow kit free, and if you elect to share a hotel room with another student who is going on the course they pay the room rate for the hotel, they even pick up the students from the hotel and drop you back in the evening!!! :eek:

I contacted them and they confirmed all that and even after i told them i was based in the UK they said it was no problem, my educator status is valid worldwide so i would be perfectly entitled to come back to the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) and open up my own training school issueing ezflow certs....

Now i don't know about you guys but i was stunned, to say that's an attractive offer is an understatement, it really made me question why i would pay someone over £1K for something i was going to get for a tenth of the price (and don't forget all the free kit!!).

Anyway, what i'd like to know is has anyone else gone on this course who could give me some feedback on it.

thanks,

Lou.

Loufd said:
....well now all the above leads me to ask a question....i will put my hand up and say that I buy my ezflow stuff from the USA, i buy powders & liquids, they cost a fraction of what we are charged for them here as does the training...ezflow (head office) recently emailed me to ask me if i wanted to go on one of their Ezflow Educator training courses, now i had contacted California nails in the past about doing this but it was working out at over £1000 which i didn't have to spend at the time so you can imagine the shock i got when i read the details of the course in the states and found out that it was only going to cost me $350 and for that i got the 4 day training course plus $1500 worth of ezflow kit free, and if you elect to share a hotel room with another student who is going on the course they pay the room rate for the hotel, they even pick up the students from the hotel and drop you back in the evening!!! :eek:

I contacted them and they confirmed all that and even after i told them i was based in the UK they said it was no problem, my educator status is valid worldwide so i would be perfectly entitled to come back to the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) and open up my own training school issueing ezflow certs....

Now i don't know about you guys but i was stunned, to say that's an attractive offer is an understatement, it really made me question why i would pay someone over £1K for something i was going to get for a tenth of the price (and don't forget all the free kit!!).

Anyway, what i'd like to know is has anyone else gone on this course who could give me some feedback on it.

thanks,

Lou.

as far as i was aware when doing my ed training i can only train others in the uk beginners and now master artist level as i am only a level 2 educator and not a level 3 an International MA educator like Antony is
i have had the privilege of beening trained by a few members the international team (they train at all levels) and have done all my training with in the uk at educational events or been up to Bolton to see Antony
i would say that by training in the uk i feel i am more part of the uk educator team as we do work together to promote a good product and how to use it properly to our own uk industry
with regards to the price of all of this i havent a clue how much it has cost me - i dont even care, i just want to improve myself and help others to do the same

Jess
xox

Sounds to me like this company is not supporting it's distributors abroad and still trying to get some of the action as well!! I'm very surprised.

I cannot imagine Creative ever doing that to its UK distributor or any other distributor. Imagine the chaos of trainers all over training with CND and the distributor having no control over the situation. Madness.

Why not give people the benefit of the doubt?

Internationally, things are very different. For instance, in the US, CND pays 100% of training fees for their educators but not anywhere else in the world. Why?
For a few reasons:
1- In the US, Educators make a daily flat fee and are called upon to work specific dates (mostly shows) that can be few and far in between. Distributors don't incur this expense... HQ does.
Internationally, educators can set their own dates, their own classes, work as much as they chose and charge accordingly. All fees (less admin) go to the educator and therefore they can make a hell of a lot more money.
2- Distributors internationally have to incur massive expense to hold these types of trainings as they ususally have to bring people over from the US, pay for flights,hotel,food, and fees.

I am not sure if that is the reason behind the training costs, but I seriously doubt it is far off. Distributors do not make money from education... instead they see it as a sales investment.

I can guarantee that if the goods were bought, packed, shipped and taxes paid legally... it would cost you more. Most likely a lot more.

Hopefully those that have read this thread will be able to understand that and be able to make more informed choices because of it.

Hi Lou,

now this is a strange predicament.

firstly i agree fully with GMG himself, he's explained perfectly the differences between US based training and training based in the UK.

secondly, after speaking to Gari-Dawn Tingler, the director of education for AII and Ezflow it seems a little strange that your application was not forwarded back to the UK as is our usual procedure.
The same for any other country, if you were in, say, South Africa, your application would then be forwarded to the South African Distributor.
You do Indeed recieve the Information packet direct from the states which is usually different for each countries needs. your completed application and all the relevant information is then sent back to the states and forwarded on to your countries distributor to arrange the training.

The information you recieved is indeed the training packet issued in the US, not the full training packet issued in the uk.

Ok, as far as the educator training in the UK goes Lou....

The price you were given is by California Nails is for private training with me at head office not for group training.

We have an Educator training planned for November inviting UK and International techs to attend. This price will be similar to the price confirmed by the states for their training.

If you feel you want to attend training in the US, cool. Once your educator training is completed you would indeed be an educator for ezflow but you would still have to follow the guidelines laid out by California nails (distributor) and Grafton International (importer).

I also going to add a little more but Sam has covered it all!!!!!!

antony

hi Jess,

you are infact allowed to teach worldwide for EzFlow with your certification, sorry if i never made that clear!!

the level your at means that in conjunction with the countries disributor, you are able to teach beginners, workshops, coversions as well as all the master artist classes. it also means you could be called on to go to other parts of the world to teach the above classes as well as assist at trade shows.

the only difference between your level and mine is that i'm asked to take classes worldwide, assist at trade shows but the main difference is that i actually train people to be educators for the distributors!!!!

hope this clears things up for you

antony x

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for that reply it was really informative, im coming to excel so i'll have a chat with you about the training then.

thanks again,

Lou.

no probem lou, i hope its clared alot of things up for ya.

look forward to seeing you then

antony

Latest posts

Back