Have you come across this???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi all clever and wise geeks:hug:

I just wanna ask a question about one of my clients.

She wears enhancements on/of and between she tends to bite her nails, she's 17 by the way.

I have had her on gel, l&p and latest a reinbased system. They don't lift on her, unless she doesn't shorten them, she plays a lot of handball, so they take some beats, but enhancements stays on.

What I find weird is how the nails react to the enhancement. When I remove the enhancement, they look more pink (redish) where the material has been on. But they are not overfiled or overprepped, there's not the slightest bump between the outgrown nail and rest. They are not sore or itchy.
Funny thing is they look more nautural where they are more pink, as the rest of the new nail look much more white. FE is very white almost as white as french look. The new nail look whitish almost too pale, like the nail under the enhancement is much healthier IYGWIM.

The reason why I have changed systems, is cause it troubles me a bit, worrying it's the beginning to something else.

Have anyone got a clue???? Am I safe to keep enhancing (and safe removal)

Is this change of colour something noticeably new or do you remember if her nails were like this when you first treated her? Perhaps they were so bitten you did not notice?

If the nail does not seem noticeably thinner where she has worn the nail enhancements, perhaps it is where her nails were bitten short before and have now grown into the bitten area which may appear to be a bit pinker.

If the client is in no discomfort and the nails do not look overly thinned then I would say you are fine to proceed with treatments.

Thanks Gigi.

The nails are not thinner (and theres no sign of overbuffing), it's just like they look normal under the enhancement, and then very white and pale in the outgrow, but she might just have very pale nails.

Theres no discomfort, she says, but you know biters can be a little more tough, so what would cause me discomfort, she won't notice.

I have tried both gel and l&p, both opaque, and she is currently wearing a clear resinbased system, and it looks as if this doesn't cause redness. Hence my concern.

But You may very well be right about the possibility of it being the bad bitten nail growing out, as she bites not only nail, but also surroundings. I hadn't thought about that, just noticed the very different color now she's wearing clear resin. Usually she comes to me, then can't afford to keep maitenance, and then bites until she returns...

It sounds to me as if the pressure of product shrinkage of the gel or L&P overlay may cause the nail beds to look more rosy than with a resin system that has very little shrinkage and therefore wont put the same pressure on the nail plate.

Then I'll stick to the resinbased system for her then.

Thanks a lot:hug:

Hi
I had the same "problem" on my own nails whilst i was still training. My nails didnt hurt at all but they did appear more pink/red than normal.. Because there was no pain (and because i was still a naive trainee) i carried on using this (cheap) gel. After a few weeks i started to notice a slight tingling on the pads of my fingers. Needless to say i havent used that gel since, the tingle stopped and my nails are their normal colour again.
I think maybe i had a slight allergy to the gel....:rolleyes:

Hi
I had the same "problem" on my own nails whilst i was still training. My nails didnt hurt at all but they did appear more pink/red than normal.. Because there was no pain (and because i was still a naive trainee) i carried on using this (cheap) gel. After a few weeks i started to notice a slight tingling on the pads of my fingers. Needless to say i havent used that gel since, the tingle stopped and my nails are their normal colour again.
I think maybe i had a slight allergy to the gel....:rolleyes:

:lol: There is no such thing as a 'slight' allergy .. you are either sensitive to a substance or you are full on allergic to it. If you were sensitive you were right to stop as it is those who ignore the signs of sensitivity that become allergic in time. Once allergic ALWAYS allergic.

Latest posts

Back