Having a bad week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilytalbot

Reaction score
Not having a good week :( have had an email from a client saying....

sadly my nails havent lasted very well which is a shame. three broke whilst i was away and some are peeling and id not had to do much and was resisting nibbling.any advise?

A response from me and she says they are peeling where her nails had broken.

Majority of my clients are very happy with their gelish and I don't hear from them between appointments but emails like this make me doubt myself.

Trying to put this nicely, she's not one of my higher end clients.

Also it's is her first treatment, with neglected nails to begin with

I am wondering if she is trying to get something for nothing but I also doubting myself, am very new to the business and things like this get me down.

A few emails have gone backwards And forwards and she's now asking if she could be allergic to it as her finger tips are itchy.

I have printed aftercare advice leaflets today so hoping to avoid situations like this in the future

Maybe you could mention that as the condition of her nails improves with regular appointments the gelish will last much longer. Gel polish on flaking nails will not last that long. I have clients who's nails are in much better condition after a few months of gelish, my own included.

Mine have definitely improved too. Will suggest it, thank you xxx

Mine and my clients are so much better with gelish I would try explaining that they will improve over time ;)

I had a client with incredibly short nails (so absolutely no free edge to seal) and her nails chipped frequently but now, they are a lot longer, stronger and in brilliant condition due to the regularly having gel nails applied (Gellux rather than Gelish but I'm making the assumption that the original post was about a client rather than a product?,)

Anyway, I would agree with the other ladies that frequent use will improve your clients nails BUT the fact that she is only now mentioning that her finger tips are itchy suggests that she may well be looking for something for nothing!

Also, she has said that her nails have BROKEN as opposed to chipped- no product you put on your nails is going to stop them from breaking if you are using your nails as tools... If she had only mentioned that her nails had chipped or lifted then yes, it may have been a product/ application problem but a technician cannot be responsible for someone breaking their nails!!

Xxx ;)

I hate it when I receive an email or text mentioning a problem that has occured. It really makes me panic and doubt myself but usually I find that it is not as bad as the client is making out and either totally fixable or down to something that they have done! :hug:

My mum had her first gel polish before Christmas by the therapist in my salon. She took it off after new year, one chipped after a week and a half but just a little bit.
If I were you I wouldn't feel bad about it. My mum didn't listen to a word of the aftercare, went in scalding hot baths, never wears gloves etc... So I'm guessing your client was nibbling or being extremely rough with them. Xoxo

Thanks guys this site keeps me sain! I replied about Regular treatments and have heard nothing, I think she was after a freebie!! I worried about her because she's on the local sell your stuff page permanently and was pre empting being slagged off but nothing so far thank god!! Will continue my search for better quality clients x

Latest posts

Back