Having a clumsy day - NOT very professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am due on (sorry tmi probably lol)

but it's quite relevant because it makes me soooo clumsy:rolleyes:

At my last appointment I felt all fingers and thumbs, I dropped 2 lids and the Shellac brush while I was using it, dropped the glitter sprinkler so it went on parts of the nail I didn't want glittery:mad: and I had to use a little brush to get it all off.

Finally tripping myself up on the legs of my own nail desk as I got up as she left, just as a bit of a finale, I thought:wink2:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has days like this! I wish I knew when they were going to happen because I wouldn't book clients in for those days, it's too embarrassing - I felt a bit of a fool and not very professional (and that after over 10 years of doing nails). ffs.

I think most people have these moments the key is being able to laugh it off & not take any mishaps to heart & hope to not injure yourself or your client lol
Asking as they walk away with beautiful nails I'm sure an added bit of quirkiness won't put them off, we are all human as long as you remain professional where needed all is well :)
I to get very clumsy at this time, it's the crockery & glassware that bare the brunt, so all my clients get beakers to be on safe side lol! No just kidding they don't, but I do break lots of crockery at home :) x

Wow so so strange you have just posted this as I was about to ask for advice..

Every month a week before my period I get horrific nausea and dizzy spells, I have consulted my doctor about it and she's explained it's because the hormone levels are rising around this time which can cause this, however it's getting horrendous!
This morning I woke up and knew straight away oh god it's here.. It takes me about 2 hours to get ready as I have to stop to lie down, I've had a busy day and I've hardly spoke to my clients as talking just makes me feel more sick!
I'm taking anti sickness tablets which work for sometimes but not always!
Does anybody else suffer from this?
Like you say you just wish when you knew it was going to happen because you would just book it off or only have a couple of clients in that day!
Sucks being a woman sometimes!

Oh dear I'm always having days like this!!
Went to my daughters parents evening last week and tripped over as I was trying to sit down my daughter was very embarrassed !!
Then today went to get my cash card looked everywhere and thought I'll try shop where I used it last!
I'd walked off and left it in the machine 😱
Your not alone xxx

I have these days all the time, not even specifically wen im due on, i mean whenever i feel like my body just goes into clumsy mode. Dropping things, knocking things, forgetting etc lol i feel for u doll xx

Just before I was due on I was so clumsy. The worst part about it was when I was driving I would stall the car, go through red lights and be bunny hopping down the road!! Been driving for 25 years lol. Sometimes I used to get nausea. Mainly when the dull ache started just before x

Haha, welcome to my world, I'm like this everyday - it's SO annoying!!! xxxx

Me too, it's terrible, just before im due on i completely loose co-ordination, im like a big flappy duck let loose in a china shop

Oh im so glad im not alone. I am useless the week before. I literally cannot move without dropping, breaking, smashing, triping

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm like that all the time! When I worked at a fancy spa my client turned up for a pedi. I knocked a whole display of polishes onto the floor just missing her foot. Then I cut my thumb picking them up. Had to leave her with her feet soaking while I found a plaster then tell her I couldn't do her massage cause my thumb was too sore.
She said it was ok but she never booked with me again. Surprise!
Then another day I drizzled wax into a clients hair!
Not done anything that bad for a while but I am ridiculously clumsy!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am a little but clumsy at the best of times but around the time of the month it's horrendous. Mostly dropping things, particularly when I'm supposed to be quiet like during a facial.

To the poster who feels dizzy and sick, if don't get any of that. It sounds quite extreme, maybe you should seek a second opinion. Ginger is supposed to be a great help for sickness, you could try a herbal tea or biscuits perhaps xx

We've all had days like this! I once threw an open whole bottle of OPI across the salon before, don't even know how it happened one min it was in my hand the next it was on the floor in pieces across the other side of the room lol! It's a big room as well! And I was using the colour on a client at the time - so embarrassing but I laugh about it now and the client luckily found it hilarious 😂

I am a little but clumsy at the best of times but around the time of the month it's horrendous. Mostly dropping things, particularly when I'm supposed to be quiet like during a facial.

To the poster who feels dizzy and sick, if don't get any of that. It sounds quite extreme, maybe you should seek a second opinion. Ginger is supposed to be a great help for sickness, you could try a herbal tea or biscuits perhaps xx

I know I think I'm going to book back in with another doctor.. It's been happening every month for over a year now! Tried ginger biscuits and never face drinking the teas :(
Xx

I am due on (sorry tmi probably lol)

but it's quite relevant because it makes me soooo clumsy:rolleyes:

At my last appointment I felt all fingers and thumbs, I dropped 2 lids and the Shellac brush while I was using it, dropped the glitter sprinkler so it went on parts of the nail I didn't want glittery:mad: and I had to use a little brush to get it all off.

Finally tripping myself up on the legs of my own nail desk as I got up as she left, just as a bit of a finale, I thought:wink2:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has days like this! I wish I knew when they were going to happen because I wouldn't book clients in for those days, it's too embarrassing - I felt a bit of a fool and not very professional (and that after over 10 years of doing nails). ffs.

Thanks for this thread...makes me feel so much better knowing it's not just me :)

Can I join the party? Another super clumsy one here too!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know I think I'm going to book back in with another doctor.. It's been happening every month for over a year now! Tried ginger biscuits and never face drinking the teas :(
Xx

Im another one who gets the dizziness and sickness, ive fainted because of it too, normally from the dizzy/sick feeling but once it was because the pain was so bad i passed out (that only happened one time though) ages ago

Im another one who gets the dizziness and sickness, ive fainted because of it too, normally from the dizzy/sick feeling but once it was because the pain was so bad i passed out (that only happened one time though) ages ago

Me too, incredibly dizzy, have been tested for everything and Dr says some people just suffer worse.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I always dread the bookings on those days as I know that everything I do will not go to plan and the clumsyness is so embarrassing. I will drop something, knock something else over and also end up with Shellac on my own hand at some point. :o

If im ever going to sleep in and miss the alarm its then and its hard to get it together for the day, can't believe what we have to suffer :sad:

I was like this until I found the mirena coil! Saviour!! Opi across the room is funny!!! 😁

Latest posts

Back