Having a problem with the Minx file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish_girl

Reaction score
Hey all, ok so i love minx and im finally getting the hang of it but...i find it really hard to file off with the minx file! am i doing something wrong, it seems like its not sharp enough if that makes sense?

Thanks

Hi,

To be honest, I find the glass file doesnt work as well as a standard file.

I just trim the minx at the free edge as close as possible then 'gently' use a 100/180 board file to neaten up the free edge.

Hope this helps
x

Hi,

To be honest, I find the glass file doesnt work as well as a standard file.

I just trim the minx at the free edge as close as possible then 'gently' use a 100/180 board file to neaten up the free edge.

Hope this helps
x

I did find using a normal file worked alot better, i used a 180 which worked a whole lot better but thought that i might be doing somethin wrong, hence me asking :D

Wash your minx file in very hot soapy water and you will see a huge difference. The glue of the minx makes the file surface "blunt"

Wash your minx file in very hot soapy water and you will see a huge difference. The glue of the minx makes the file surface "blunt"

Ah, I shall try this!

No, you are not doing anything wrong! Just be careful as a normail grit file can snag the minx x:)

I scrub my file after each use with a cheap toothbrush and soapy water, as Persianista said the adhesive clogs up the grit on the file, a good scrub gets rid of it. x

Hi, i find the minx file doesnt work aswell as a standard file,

The Minx file works just fine if kept nice and clean, but being a very fine grit (so as not to snag the Minx) you need to use it very fimly against the edge of the Minxed nail ... having said all that, use whatever file you like and which does the job for you as long as you do not shred the edgeof your Minx veneers :green:.

The minx file can be a little fiddly I find but the file does give a good finish. You could try and look around for a larger and heavier crystal file that has a bit more weight.

I know Geeg has mentioned in the past that the little minx files can be great for retailing and larger glass files can be easier to use for technician use.

Have you seen the new curved Minx File on SS? :green: Looks brill - I will get one and try it out. I use a different technique on each client depending on their nails. If they are strong I will use the 45 degree angle and it comes straight off. If they are a bit weaker I go north to south and it works a treat.

If they are really thin/childs nails I cut as close as poss and Minx file the edge and have no probs at all.

I am looking forward to trying out the new larger curved file ... I think it will be particularly good for those fiddly little toenails. :lol: Looks tres cool.

Just ordered my new file and it came the other day Geeg
Looking forward to using it on Mondays minx appointment...looks very flash i must say!

Just ordered my new file and it came the other day Geeg
Looking forward to using it on Mondays minx appointment...looks very flash i must say!
You're allot quicker off the mark then I AM Sarah!! I wil be back in the UK at the end of Nov. and will pick mine up then --- unless some kind loving person at S2 sends me one first as a little gift?? Hint hint!! :green:

Latest posts

Back