Having fun with Yin/Yang

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailartist

Reaction score
I painted a couple of yin/yang symbols over my client's custom blended french the other day, and thought they turned out pretty well. Here's a link to my website:
http://www.electric-chi.com/elysesnailspa/ensimages/Denyinyang.jpg

And lemmee see if I can attach it here:

Denyinyang.jpg

Any and all comments welcome. :)

oooo like them hun well done they look fab nice enhancements to :hug:

Very nice,super nails too,you should be very proud of yourself.

Awesome! Very very cool...

Love the Art work and Fab nails too :)

Great colour combo.Love em.

XX J XX

Those are fantastic!

S

they are really great, I'd definitely wear them :D

wonderful.....beautiful nails......good work ...I'd definately wear those....

wooo...they r wonderful!!!...& other works on Your site r also beautiful!!!!..U do a great job!!!:)

Really nice, fantastic nails too:)

Ooh, I do like these !! They certainly are different.

Can you talk us through how you did the enhancements and the nail art please ?

Marlise

Yes, I like those. I'd wear them too. xx

they are lovely, very inventive!!!
well done.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all so much! I'm glad you like the design.

Ooh, I do like these !! They certainly are different.
Can you talk us through how you did the enhancements and the nail art please ?

Well, I sculpted the black tips as you would regular white french tips, only I left them a bit lower down the free edge, to make room for the stripe of red acrylic. You use a rather small bead for the red, and work it gently to each side, and shape the smile the same as you do usually--you just have to be careful not to pull the red over the black too much, if at all. And sometimes, if the red bead is too big, you end up with a funky bump once you've shaped the stripe. Not much you can do then except file it off later; the best way is to start out with a smaller bead and add to it if necessary.

The yin/yang is so easy to do, it's almost criminal: you paint a white circle, and then paint the black bit over by drawing a shallow "s" shape, and then filling it in. You can touch up, of course, with the white, to get the points crisp, and then just use a dotting tool for the opposite color dots on each side (I took some artistic liberties with my design :)). And there you have it.

Hope this is helpful!

How long have you been doin nails for? Amazing design and amazing enhancements!!

xx :)

Hey Jen2k--I've been in the biz since 1999, so I guess that makes it seven years! :D

they look amazing..!!

well done...!!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL job!! Great work, you can do my nails anytime (even pointy/almond ones, which.. I usually wear square lol).

Keep up the good work and please keep sharing!

Latest posts

Back