Hayfever

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw-beauty

Reaction score
Is any of you get hayfever as well? I'm suffering from it so much these days, eyes itch, snizzing a lot, feel tired all the time, etc... It's so so so horrible. If anyone has it too, could you please let me know what medicine do you take, seems nothing work on me at the moment...:cry:

I'm currently on Telfast 1 a day, opticrom (eyes), Benidril (SP?) ((Nose)) and then Cetrizine Hydrocloride 1 aday!!! plus an Inhailer...... I'm not even asthmatic!!! I've just been so bad this year!!

hiya i suffer from hay fever, this year has been quite bad actually! i dont take benadryl as i took 1 and it did stop the hay fever for that day(its 1 a day tablets) but i had a whopping head ache insted! what i do take is a brand called new era for a tub of little white tablets there around £5 you tale 3 tabs 3 times a day. but for an effective route take these tabs around about 1/2 months before the summer time comes when the hay fever will be around these have worked 4 me so far and i hope they will you, give them a try! xxx

i take benadryl sinus headache tablets to combat the headaches and the ahyfever and also the nasal spray for hayfeve relief. my tiddler is bad and he is on loratadien in the mornign and cetrizine in the evening nightmare

I get hayfever, but fairly mild fortunately, I take Piriton non-drowsy, and I find it very effective.:lol::green:

I have the injection and it hasn't made me put any weight on. I have it every summer but you are supposed to start your injections early in the summer I think.

I heard on our local radio station the other day that eating locally produced honey helps combat the effects of hayfever. HTH

I seem to have it the whole year round!! Think Im just allergic to everything!

My mum is a Reiki master and she did several Reiki treatments on me as I have been a sufferer since I was born.

The Reiki has really worked - I definately wasn't as bad this year as I have been in previous years!!

Give it a go if you can!

1999judy said:
I have the injection and it hasn't made me put any weight on. I have it every summer but you are supposed to start your injections early in the summer I think.

Hi, could you please tell me what is the injection called? Many Thanks xx

tentips said:
I heard on our local radio station the other day that eating locally produced honey helps combat the effects of hayfever. HTH

Hiya, what is the honey called? thanks xx

The best bet is to see your doc. I say this because many of the "over the counter" anti-histamines treatments are not the same as those prescribed by the doc even though they have the same name. A good example of this is Clarityn which is very effective from the doc but useless over the counter!!!
The best bet is to start treatments towards the middle of May. In this way it has built up in the system by the end of May/early June when hayfever starts to get really bad. (Need to remember this for next year!!)
Hay fever comes with many symptoms: sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, itchy eyes. These can be treated separately. But mainly need an anti-histamine tablet eg prescription Neoclarityn and eye drops: Boots brand Hay Fever drops are effective. I also take normal paracetamol around this time as it tends to lift some of the bad cold type symptoms.
We are nearly through the season for this year...I hope its not been too bad for you.

I get really bad hayfever, especially this year. :cry:

I took and tried everything and I still ended up with at least ONE symptom or another.

I went to my doctor and got turned away for the 'Kenalog' injection last year because I had never had it before.
Apparently they will only treat hayfever sufferers if they have had it before cos it can cause side effects in a small minority. They are NOT giving it to NEW patients! :eek: :cry:
The injection is designed to treat people with joint injuries apparently, and is a steroid, that boosts your immunity helping fight the 'irriation'

Then 10 months ago I moved house and got a new doc etc...
I went along and complained cos I was in agony and so frustrated with my hayfever.
I ASKED THE NEW DOCTOR FOR THE INJECTION, WHEN HE ASKED ME IF I HAD BEEN GIVEN IT BEFORE, I LIED AND SAID THAT I HAD IT WHEN I WAS 16. (not advise you to lie btw! Just my story) :rolleyes:

Anyway, One little injection in my bottom, signed my consent form (so they arent liable in case you get the side effects I suppose) and I am as right rain.Took 6 hours to kick in. :)

The Semi PERMANENT relief from hayfever is like I've been blessed by God!!

The consent form just states that the risk of side effects happening if you have continued use. But since I wont be having it in winter time, only summer. Side effects didnt deter me, they wernt that bad anyway. I decided to take the risk... after suffering from those retchid symptoms my whole life!!
It lasts for about 4 months apparently. Long enough to see me through to winter.

I was in soooo much discomfort, it was so worth the little white lie! :green:

I don't get it too badly but I take Piriton, which does the trick.

raw-beauty said:
Hiya, what is the honey called? thanks xx

Any locally produced honey to where you live as it is made from the pollen around you. HTH

Well I have it really bad and can't take anything due to pregnancy apart from herbal remedies and they are pants - don't even touch my symptoms!

tentips said:
Any locally produced honey to where you live as it is made from the pollen around you. HTH

I'm living in Sunderland (North East), never heard there's any locally produced honey:irked: Any geeks from NE know there is any locally produced honey?:rolleyes:

fats28 said:
I don't get it too badly but I take Piriton, which does the trick.
I have tried them all and Piriton is the only one that works for me....I get it on prescription.

nailsbydesign said:
I have tried them all and Piriton is the only one that works for me....I get it on prescription.

Hiya do you know does it affect kidneys? cos I have kidney problems too:cry:

Latest posts

Back