HD brows new course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyGold

Reaction score
Hey

So I've been looking at the new courses hd brows have to offer, pro and master.

I'm going to do the refreshers in a few months (once I've hit my year mark of doing HDs) just to make sure I'm upto date and to refresh my skills.

Then you can do the pro hd brows course and it seems to me you basically paying to be called a pro hd stylist? They say the will teach you the advance ways of wax. Well I payed a lot to learn HDs so I kinda hoped then they thought me these ways anyway.

And the master HDs, again I think your paying a lot for just being able to say your a master, where you learn brow lighting and men's, I already learnt the men's on the first course and do a few men. And again you learn more advance ways of waxing and threading.

I just think its a lot of money to learn and to be able to say your a master or pro. I'm looking forward to when one of you geeks do these and report back to us to see if it worth while.

I agree. It's a lot of money to pay to update skills that we should have already been taught!
Plus you have to take 5 models to the first 2 courses and 10 to the last one. This would be impossible for most people as a lot have to travel quite a long way.
I think it's a bit of a cheek really!

There is no way I could find that many people to take time out there day to travel to be my case study.
I'm glad you agree with me tho :) x

Hi. Do you have to take models for the normal HD brow course? x :)

I agree. It's a lot of money to pay to update skills that we should have already been taught!
Plus you have to take 5 models to the first 2 courses and 10 to the last one. This would be impossible for most people as a lot have to travel quite a long way.

I think you have to take 5 case studies - so pictures/consultation info only. Not actual models. It would be impossible to take 5 models each let alone 10, there simply isn't the space!

I'm a little miffed at the new course prices and content myself. It's an awful lot of money to shell out for things which as you say we have supposedly already been taught?? £95+vat I could handle...the others are just ridiculous.

Only for the new advanced courses, not the original training course x

No they supply the model, I did one model and one other person training.
X

Ah I just checked and my mistake, it is case studies not models.
I still think it's a cheek!

Like any treatment or system there is always room go update and advance in your skills. Every course I go on I am always learning new skills and techniques.

The new HD brows courses are fantastic and will teach you ways of improving your skills and also new techniques which will not only make you a better stylist but also advance your business. No one is telling you you have to do these courses but like the original HD brow course everyone will be surprised at how much they learn. This course is available like any other master course for those that want o advance an learn more plus giving you the opportunity to be able to get to that standard of a master technician.

The thing is, there are 3 new courses; the refresher class, the pro class and the master class.
You can't do the master class unless you have done the pro class and you can't do the pro class unless you have done the refresher class.
So if you want to do the master class then you have to do all 3 courses at a cost of £885 + Vat!!

The thing is, there are 3 new courses; the refresher class, the pro class and the master class.
You can't do the master class unless you have done the pro class and you can't do the pro class unless you have done the refresher class.
So if you want to do the master class then you have to do all 3 courses at a cost of £885 + Vat!!

My thoughts exactly. I know there are techs who trained in the beginning and I know the way they were taught is quite different to the way it is taught today. I think a refresher course is a great idea and a great price for those stylists. For those who trained more recently I don't think a refresher is necessarily needed. It depends on the stylist and their experience/ability.

I know of techs and salons who do 6 HD Treatments a week and they are satisfied with that. I spend 10 hours a day 3 days a week doing just HD Brows which I absolutely adore...I would feel it more beneficial to me to do the pro then master. Refresher is in my opinion something that is definitely a brilliant idea, but perhaps not necessary for everyone.

I continually reinvest in further training in the very few treatments I offer and personally believe that this is the only way to truly be great at what you do and keep on top of your game.

I just think the refresher shouldn't be mandatory before moving on to pro. At the end of the day if someone isn't up to scratch then they don't pass the course - then I would deem it appropriate to slot them into a refresher or workshop day. I also think the prices for pro and master are extortionate for a 1 day course.

When I called they said it was case studies to bring not clients :)

Like any treatment or system there is always room go update and advance in your skills. Every course I go on I am always learning new skills and techniques.

The new HD brows courses are fantastic and will teach you ways of improving your skills and also new techniques which will not only make you a better stylist but also advance your business. No one is telling you you have to do these courses but like the original HD brow course everyone will be surprised at how much they learn. This course is available like any other master course for those that want o advance an learn more plus giving you the opportunity to be able to get to that standard of a master technician.

I would love to do the courses, don't get me wrong as I want to be the best I can be. But to spend £900 to do that is just not going to happen anytime soon after spending a grand already to learn them. It's a lot of money just to learn something that I should of already been thought.

I done hd away at the start so a refresher sounds good as loads of things sounds like they have changed even products I was taught with comfort me as a cream now it's an oil. I agree I think if techniques or products change there should be regular mail blasts or annual seminars to pass the information on.

The course details are now on the website.
Apparently anyone who books on the HD original course gets the refresher course for free! I'm not happy about that at all!
I was actually thinking that I may do just the refresher course as things have changed and there's new products etc
Knowing that people are getting it for free has made my mind up that I definitely won't be doing it now. I am so annoyed about this!

The course details are now on the website.
Apparently anyone who books on the HD original course gets the refresher course for free! I'm not happy about that at all!
I was actually thinking that I may do just the refresher course as things have changed and there's new products etc
Knowing that people are getting it for free has made my mind up that I definitely won't be doing it now. I am so annoyed about this!

i only had my 2 day HD Brow training two weeks ago. I was not offered the option of booking the refresher course, free or otherwise.

Am not impressed... at all. Isn't paying over a thousand pounds for training enough FGS??!!!
I have emailed them asking for an explanation

i only had my 2 day HD Brow training two weeks ago. I was not offered the option of booking the refresher course, free or otherwise.

Am not impressed... at all. Isn't paying over a thousand pounds for training enough FGS??!!!
I have emailed them asking for an explanation

Exactly. So if you know want to do the refresher course then you will have to pay but if you had done the brow course next week then you'd get the refresher course for free. Why would you even need a refresher course when you've just done the original course anyway?

Exactly. So if you know want to do the refresher course then you will have to pay but if you had done the brow course next week then you'd get the refresher course for free. Why would you even need a refresher course when you've just done the original course anyway?

dunno, but it would've been nice to have been given the choice...:mad:

That wasn't directed at you by the way. Was just wondering why anyone would need a refresher course when they have just done the original course.
The people that would benefit most from a refresher course are people like me, who trained over 2 years ago.

Latest posts

Back