HD brows - worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loobylou22

Reaction score
As the title says, is it worth spending that obscene amount of money on something I'm already trained in? (tinting, waxing, threading) will it be back to basics and a little boring? Or have hd brows just added the huge cost as a 'joining fee' so then you can go on to order their products?? As there is no stock included with this charge.
Has anybody or do you know of anybody who has wished they had spent the cash elsewhere?
For me it's either this course alone or 3 other things im looking at adding to my business.
Has it transformed your business or mearly a treatment on the side? Has it been worth it?
All opinions welcome but please pm me if you wish. I really am struggling with a decision. Thank you! Xx

I'm not even beauty but can tell you I would use the search function on this site as their have a been loads of discussions on this!

Too expensive for just a brand name!
I looked into but instead of one course I done 2 with kits and still have money left over!
I trained in a different brow course then done a lash lift course too.
Look into other brands and see what u think but for me ur was just all about the brand

Yeah iv been researching for ages, on here and elsewhere and that's what I keep thinking. Thank you for your replies. Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

There is loads in the search forum if you want to look it up :)

The general gist from people is those who have trained have learnt a lot from the course and haven't regretted the discussion although there has been some bad feelng lately that you are required to take up a top course every year to keep your status as a hd brows stylist (you must pay for the top up and it is compulsory to maintain your status )

Again have a little read through some previous threads and then make up your mind :)

Hi thanks for the reply. I have as I said done lots of research on here and elsewhere.
I didn't know they require annual training though at a cost to us. This was never mentioned to me when I called to talk to them. Any idea how much that is? Xx

Hi thanks for the reply. I have as I said done lots of research on here and elsewhere.
I didn't know they require annual training though at a cost to us. This was never mentioned to me when I called to talk to them. Any idea how much that is? Xx

I can't remember off the top of my head but know there was a whole thread about it , think it was about £150 but not 100% sure on that as I don't actually do HD brows myself just remember reading about it :)

I went on the HD course with the attitude that I wasn't going to learn anything after already doing brows for 7 years and I was very wrong.
I learnt loads and thought the refresher day was fantastic.
I'm not aware that you have to pay for top up courses to remain a stylist but you do need to spend a certain amount a quarter (and you will)
I did a half price offer of £15 for two weeks after I trained and I did 40 sets! (Advertised this is advance via newsletter)
I made the money back on the course within 6 weeks.
I only do 5-10 a week but that's because I'm fully booked with all other treatments . I would say I probably turn away 15 clients a week for HDs.
Its great for retailing too.
Go for it xx

Strange how areas differ. I have a very experienced hd brow therapist working with me and in the last 8 weeks not one enquiry for hd.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Strange how areas differ. I have a very experienced hd brow therapist working with me and in the last 8 weeks not one enquiry for hd.

I agree. I can't say I'm inundated!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm in essex, maybe that's why?

Latest posts

Back