HD Brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florry

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone had a problem when doing HD Brows where a layer of skin is being taken off during the waxing? I have been waxing eyebrows for years and have never had a problem but using the HD technique I have had a few clients where this has happened. The temperature of the wax in the HD Brow wax heater is set at a lower level than my normal wax heater and I use the same wax strips as with normal eyebrow waxing. Clients where this has happened have said the next day it looks like a burn but the wax is set at such a low temperature that I cant see how it can be a burn. I think its due to a layer of skin being removed with the wax and the next day the skin goes darker, giving the appearance of a burn. I cant understand why this is happening - has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

This is the HD brow wax. It's definitely stronger and more sticky than most usual waxes. I wish HD brows would change it. I have waxed for 14 years without a single problem, until I done HDs. It is the wax and not your technique. Try using the oil before waxing, with everyone, not just sensitive clients xxx

Thanks for your reply. Which oil do you use? That wasnt part of the HD training that I did and there isnt an oil on the price list I have from them. Is it just a tiny layer of oil straight before applying the wax?
I find the wax heater heats the wax to a much lower temperature than my normal wax pots and I wonder if the wax is just too thick in the HD pot?
Many thanks!

I had a bride and this happened to her - it was terrible for her wedding day and I had to do alot of concealing.

x

Hi Pazzy, Do you use oil before the waxing? Do you find the wax thick?

I do HD Brows and I use my own cream wax. I did ask about using my own wax and they never said I couldn't so I prefer to use my own. I'm not keen on their wax either.

Yes I also think its the hd wax. It even happened to a girl on our training day, by one of the trainers. The oil used under the wax is called "hurt me not" and came in my kit, so you may already have it xx

Yes I also think its the hd wax. It even happened to a girl on our training day, by one of the trainers. The oil used under the wax is called "hurt me not" and came in my kit, so you may already have it xx

I was told that the 'hurt me not' was to numb the skin! I'm confused now :confused:

Hi Pazzy, Do you use oil before the waxing? Do you find the wax thick?

I didn't do her brows - I just did her make-up on her wedding day and she had a massive brown scab along her eyes - top of and under her brows. Not nice on the biggest day of her life, but I managed to conceal it - thanks to airbrush make-up!!!

I was told that the 'hurt me not' was to numb the skin! I'm confused now :confused:

Hi Angie, yes it slightly numbs the skin, but also acts like a little barrier. It can be used under the wax to prevent torn skin. xx

We were told to use fresh minerals if the client had thin shin apply before the wax now I'm confused haha

We were told to use fresh minerals if the client had thin shin apply before the wax now I'm confused haha

The Fresh Minerals are to be used after the Vanish to get rid of the redness. That's what we were taught on the course.

This happened to me when I got hd brows!
I thought it just must have been the therapist doing it! Xxx

Yeh but also if a client was prone to her skin lifting or had creepy skin to pop a thin coating of fresh minerals as a barrier to the wax. Things change constantly with the course at the pre launch seminar things where different too disappointed we haven't been updated. But still an hd lover :D

I wonder if its also due to the fact that you have to wax over areas that have been covered in eyelash tint from what ive seen on the videos you have to put the tint all around the brow to dye all the finer hairs.

If you then wax over those areas you are waxing over skin that has been exposed to peroxide which may cause it to be extra sensitive and more likely to graze.

Latest posts

Back