Healthy meal ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
Soooo the its D day, dieting and detoxing!

To stop me from living off jacket potatoes and salads, I wondered if anyone wanted to share their favourite healthy meal recipes :)

Egg white omelet lots of veg in quick :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

A load of swede mash, covered with maunge tout (sp)?, chicken breast on top, carrots and broccoli. Yummy :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My favourite dieting food from when I was younger was grilled chicken breast with rice that's been boiled with the peas in the pan (the peas in the same water and pan is very important, the rice has such an unusual but nice taste).
Still have it quite often now xoxo

My favourite dieting food from when I was younger was grilled chicken breast with rice that's been boiled with the peas in the pan (the peas in the same water and pan is very important, the rice has such an unusual but nice taste).

Mmmmm that sounds really nice so you boil the rice in the same pot as the peas is that right?.xxx

Quinola is lovely cross between rice and barley it's Lil balls bit like couscous in shape.it's pure protein it is yum cook it in water and add a stock cube then drain when cooked it's lush XX

Mmmmm that sounds really nice so you boil the rice in the same pot as the peas is that right?.xxx

That's it, pop them all in a pan at the same time and boil until the rice is cooked. Less washing :p xoxo

A load of swede mash, covered with maunge tout (sp)?, chicken breast on top, carrots and broccoli. Yummy :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Love sewed mash :) I usually haven't with chicken and veg and weight watchers cream of mushroom soup over it. It's like a nice creamy sauce but healthy :)

Quinola is lovely cross between rice and barley it's Lil balls bit like couscous in shape.it's pure protein it is yum cook it in water and add a stock cube then drain when cooked it's lush XX

I'm going to have to try this. I just googled it and it has some good reviews.

That's it, pop them all in a pan at the same time and boil until the rice is cooked. Less washing :p xoxo

Try frying onions in a pan with a little bit of oil till golden brown, then add rice and peas (can also use sweetcorn or chickpeas), once boiling, turn it down to simmer (pan lid slighlty ajar to steam the rice) x

hi just googled this came up with quinoa & it's 64% carbohydrate & 14% protein about same amount of calories as rice & pasta is this the same thing?

hi just googled this came up with quinoa & it's 64% carbohydrate & 14% protein about same amount of calories as rice & pasta is this the same thing?

1cup of Quinoa provides 8 grams of complete protein.Protein contains amino acids and quinoa provides the amino acids that you would fined in meat,fish,poultry,dairy and eggs so not the same as rice.

1cup of Rice contains 4 grams of protein.protein comes in two types complete protein and incomplete protein.

Quinoa is hight in an amino acid called lysine important for the growth and repair of tissue including muscle.It helps lower cholesterol Absorb calcium and metabolism.High source of iron magnesium manganese Phosphorus And copper.

It's a lot different to rice yes it has carbs in it but good carbs and the protein benefit out weighs the carbs.

It's fantastic for loosing weight better than rice hands down.

Last edited:
If you look on www.rosemaryconley.tv there are loads, calorie counted, all low fat and you can print off the recipe or watchch the chef make each dish!

Well tonight I made couscous with a vegetable soup as my sauce, added spinach, quorn chicken and about 30 - 40g of feta. Very healthy meal and super tasty.

OH made a prawn curry with lots of vegetables and rice. Super low in fat and he finds it very tasty (i dont eat meat nor like spicey food lol but u might)

Tomorrow I am doing butternut squash bake for dinner. Cut it in half and remove the seeds, cook until soft. Scoup out centre and mix with rice and lots of mixed herbs or any veg you love then pop it back into the squash and top with a low fat cheese (feta or mozzarela for me).

Good luck enjoying more than baked spuds :lol:

When I'm trying to eat well I use my Appetite for Reduction cookbook a lot! It's such a great book.

It's vegan so might not be your thing, but if you want some good meat free meals any day or just some side dishes, it's fabulous. And everything is easy!

Rice and Peas all cooked together is my all time fav food and have it when I'm feeling peckish or just want some comfort food. I also add on times some sweetcorn and scrambled egg, just makes more of a meal of it :D

Latest posts

Back