Heart bypass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendy malley

Reaction score
Well following an unbelievably bad 2 years my husband has just had an emegency heart bypass at the grand old age of 49. He did 22 years in the army and maybe it all just caught up with him I just dont know. I KNOW this sounds like outright vanity but he is very young to be left with the scars that will constantly remind him of what he has been through. He was shot in Ireland and he likes that scar its manly:rolleyes:. So my question is what will help fade the scars Bio Oil Solar oil :?:. Any ideas please and thanks x

Bio Oil has good reviews when it comes to scars. Definitely use any product you choose while the scar is still red-meaning there is blood flowing through it. Massaging the product will also help to reduce the scar as well as Vitamin E.
x

I wish your husband a speedy recovery Wendy. xx

When my Nan had a bypass, she used cocoa butter every morning and Bio Oil several times a day. (she was in her early 70's, I guess vanity has no age limit! :) ) She felt the oil helped to keep her skin supple also, not that tight feeling whilst the scar was healing.

She only has a very thin sliver of a scar left and tiny dots from the stitches, and it's really only noticeable because she has dark skin. Your husband might give this a try, and possibly have even better results if he is fair skinned.

Hope that helps x

Hang in there, Wendy. I wish you and your husband the very best for his speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about your husband, least the treatment has been done and now it is onwards and upwards!
I know exactly the difficulties illness can cause, I have been ill for a year, totally wiped off my feet, bed bound etc, went from a fantastic job, riding my horses, out with my friends etc and lost it all due to illness! The doctors have been very frustrating still not knowing what it wrong with me possibility of M.E or cushings disease. Then to find a have a heart condition by coincidence then meant to have the op last Friday, to get to the hospital to be told they have messed up and now have to wait until Tuesday for a next date! Any way within the last few months I have progressed more everyday although there have been some fall backs along the way but now do odd treatments for family and friends!
Anyway the reason for my post is to say although it has been the most difficult year I wouldn't change it (apart from losing my grandad :-( ) before being ill I worked with adults with learning disabilities and had a role I was proud of but also found stressful but now I have completed beauty courses, starting to build the basis of my own business for when I am back to normal health, learnt who my true friends are, been approached by a very respected horse rider instructor to be trained in horse physiotherapy, have such a positive look on life and learnt so much and I finally turned 21 and even managed to have a big BBQ with friends and family! I am happier now than I ever have been and value absolutely everything!
Just wanted to share my story to hopefully give you a little boost :) hope you and your husband have many happy years to come! Xxx

omg all that and still only 21

:hug::hug::hug::hug: xx

Thanks for the replies everyone on the mend now just going to take time x

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.
As for the scars, my daughter had quite bad stretch marks on the back of her knees. She religiously rubbed bio oil in twice a day for 3 months and it made no difference. She then found some stretch mark cream in my drawer that I bought ages ago and never used. She used this religiously and you can barely see them now. My younger daughter has also got stretch marks on the back of her knees and she is starting to use it now.
It was one I got from the Avon. I can't remember what it's called. It's in my daughters bedroom and she is asleep but I will check tomorrow and let you know.
I really was quite amazed at the results. I don't know if the bio oil helped beforehand but my younger daughter hasn't used any bio oil so it will be interesting to see if hers fade just as well.

thank you let me know how silly that we should bother about what things look like but we do its our world lol xx

lol,good luck for u.

Wishing your hubby a speedy recovery hun :hug: Bio oil is supposed to be amazing for scar reduction I agree :D xxx

Latest posts

Back