Helen E Cosmetics - Any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
Hi!
Just wondering if any of you have tried Helen E makeup and what you thought of it?

I know they were at Olympia and they retail in Debenhams on Oxford Street.... but that's about it!

Any comments (good or impartial), I'd love to know what it's like....... PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!! xxx

It's good to be back btw..... xx :hug:

hi Ive used the helen e range i quite like it, i wouldnt say its anything fabulous but last year at the manchester gmex beauty exhibition they were doing an offer for £15 where you got a whole load of stuff.

It was worth the money but not sure id be confident enough to recommend for clients

stacey x

I am not a make up person (ie I wear it a bit but I don't put it on other ppl if you know what I mean!) and I was simply accosted by about 100 girls at Olympia (what does that say about my make up lol:eek:!) and sold (really quite forcefully) some stuff which frankly I do really like but I found that the eyeshadow doesn't stay on for very long but I really like the foundation/concealer duo thing I bought although I was very surprised that the foundation wasn't too dark on me! They also tried to sell me blusher which I found fantastically irritating cos I have the reddest cheeks of all time and REALLY don't need it! I can be sick as a dog and be really pale but those cheeks keep on a-glowing! Lol! However back to the point, I like it but I prolly wouldn't use it on other ppl if I were a make up person! iykwim! Lol Lx

........I really like the foundation/concealer duo thing I bought although I was very surprised that the foundation wasn't too dark on me! .........However back to the point, I like it but I prolly wouldn't use it on other ppl if I were a make up person! iykwim! Lol Lx

From what I understand, they use the same foundation for fair to olive skin tones - it kind of adapts to suit your personal colouring.

I'm just wondering tho, if you like the foundation for yourself, why you wouldn't use it on other people?

Cos it doesn't last long enough. It just seems to melt away. I got it very cheaply at Olympia but I think it wouldn't be very user friendly professionally if you know what I mean. It doesn't last very long (which is fine for me cos I work with dogs and they don't care what I look like as long as I feed them) but it lasts fine if I am working in the evenings with ppl (who do care what I look like) cos it only has to last a couple of hours but if I had paid someone to do my make up I would want it to have some sticking power. Jmo you realise! And as I said I'm not a trained maker-upper!:lol: Lx

i haven't used the products, but at the birmingham show a few months ago they were VERY pushy with me, i said i'd have a think about it and the girl was like...'oh....OKAY!!!!' makes me think..why so push-e helen-e!? (haha get it?!)

They were quite hard-core sellers weren't they! Lol! I was mobbed practically (cos I got to Olympia really early and there weren't many ppl around to be sold to so they pressed it onto me and my friend! I was quite amused although I do hate being sold to! Lol Lx

We got a load at Birmingham too but it was pretty cheap, so not such a problem if it turns out not to be so marvellous I guess. Although I can't imagine it being as good as MAC somehow...

I got the foundation at Excel, I find it a little orangey on my skin. I also got the mascara which I like but goes all gloopy round the lid!

its not a patch on my beloved MAC!

Thanks for the input guys xx

You need to try it yourself and experience it.
Dont take my word. you'll know you wasted your money x

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there, have you tried the artdeco range its a really lovely make-up product. They do the traditional make-up and mineral make-up kits at a reasonable price. You can not buy the products in the shops so you can sell it retail too.
I have just had a bridal make-up booking because i offer the mineral range too, which i am really pleased about. They do a training day in Liverpool too showing you how to use the products, or a sales rep can come and visit you at home or in the salon.
The make-up is also being used on dancing on ice too so its a great advertisment for you too.

Helen E was the stand behind the one I was on at clothes show...seemed dead gimmicky and hard seling to me but I never tried the make up myself.......they had some contraption that had something ridiculous like 6 lip glosses, 5 foundations 100 eyeshhadows or what ever in, like a swiss army knife but in make up form! LOL :green: like I said sounded dead gimmicky to me!!

Latest posts

Back