Hello and advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avivajoy

Reaction score
Hello! Ive been lurking for a while, getting up my courage to post. Ive been a Nail geek for years. 30 years ago I announced I wanted to be a hairdresser and was told I need to go to univercity. Well I did, I also became a makeup artist, nail technitian, chocolatier, business woman, mother, special needs assistant, reiki practitioner and Dr. Bach therapist. Finally I am realising my dream and studying to be a hairdresser. I love it, I adore it, its me. It feels so natural and makes me feel wonderful. However, while studying in the best school in the country, as far as I am concerned, the teaching is well below par. We have no text books and the teachers speak mainly russian (gotta laugh) Id appreciate help/advice with anything but in particular with the following:
1 book on:
Hair stying (bridal, events, braids)
Mens Hair cutting
womens hair cutting
colour
chemistry etc
Essential equipment including products.
I will be inthe uk in november so hope to purchace equipment there
Also looked on ebay and LOADS of books, i can get them sent to uk and save tons in postage but just get confused whenever I look.
Thanks in advance. xox

Hello! Ive been lurking for a while, getting up my courage to post. Ive been a Nail geek for years. 30 years ago I announced I wanted to be a hairdresser and was told I need to go to univercity. Well I did, I also became a makeup artist, nail technitian, chocolatier, business woman, mother, special needs assistant, reiki practitioner and Dr. Bach therapist. Finally I am realising my dream and studying to be a hairdresser. I love it, I adore it, its me. It feels so natural and makes me feel wonderful. However, while studying in the best school in the country, as far as I am concerned, the teaching is well below par. We have no text books and the teachers speak mainly russian (gotta laugh) Id appreciate help/advice with anything but in particular with the following:
1 book on:
Hair stying (bridal, events, braids)
Mens Hair cutting
womens hair cutting
colour
chemistry etc
Essential equipment including products.
I will be inthe uk in november so hope to purchace equipment there
Also looked on ebay and LOADS of books, i can get them sent to uk and save tons in postage but just get confused whenever I look.
Thanks in advance. xox

Look at myhairdressers.com this was a big help for me :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

http://www.mhdacademy.com

This is the student package of myhairdressers.com which is ideal for you as long as you have a decent internet connection.

I'd strongly recommend you subscribe to this more so than buying a basic hairdressing textbook.
The teaching is of a high standard and you get lots of video how to's and detailed notes in pdf format that you can download and save or print out.

If you google it, you might even be able to find a discount code although I think it's very good value as it is.

If you're just starting out, go for the NVQ level 2. It's very thorough and will teach you a good level of essential foundation skills.

Thank you both so much for your replies, I really appreciate it and will looking in to your suggestions [emoji257]

Latest posts

Back