Help & Advice needed on Twinkle Toes ASAP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kymmuk

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'v been doing Twinkle Toes using Young Nails products for about 3months now but recently have been having problems.

For some reason unknown to me when i am using the gel after a few mins of having it on my brush it turns solid to the point when i cant even use it so have to try and pic off the hard gel but this makes all the brissels point out in different directions so in the end i have to bin it.
The hardening of the gel also happens in the gel pot and lid, it seems to get a skin on it then just go completely solid and i haven't a clue why?
This has recently happened to my large tub of gel that cost me around £60 but now i have lost half of the product as it has went solid.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Also I have been talking to a few clients that have asked me if their toes look ok to me after having twinkle toes on as they seem to be going slightly dis coloured and a few clients said they look as if they are dying (their toe nails this is)
I thought nothing of it but told the client to have a break between getting nails re done so the nail actually gets some air to it.

I was also advised by a friend who's work friend has been getting twinkle toes done else where for about 9months now and has just had to go to the doctors as 3 of her toe nails have completely come off. The doctor explained to her that the gel is not like your normal nail polish so it does not let the nail breathe so this is the reason for your nails dropping off.

Obviously when i was told this i got a little concerned but thought i would come on here and ask the geeks advice on this but then i had a disaster a few days ago my big toe nail completely came off but growing under is another toe nail (rather lumpy and bumpy) but its only grown half way so far so as you can imagine i am extremely worried now and just need a lot of Advice.

Thanks for listening

Kim x

1) Nails do not have lungs and cannot breathe
2) If applied properly then no discoloration should occur
3) Twinkle toes was demonstrated to me by the USA team and lasted only 10-15 mins and in my opinion not long enough. Lots of normal procedure was cut out which could cause problems
4) It sounds as though your gel is cured in the pot and you should dispose of it correctly - when you say you 'lost' half of it, did you remove it yourself from the pot? You must throw it all out.
5) Using cured product on the nail will cause service breakdown and could cause an allergic reaction.
6) Loosing your toenail could be one of many reasons but as you are doing a heavily glittered toe you may not have noticed onycholisis, a baterial infection etc.

Without knowing your procedure I cannot say but you must address how your product is becoming cured in the pot, if you are following safe gel usage (not touching skin, clean brush pot storage etc.) and what is happening to the toes?

Does this help?

sorry late reply just been reading through these threads!! your gel has cured on your brush in pot etc either your leaving it infront of lamp or are doin it in an area with too many windows for example i did set of nails in a conservatory and it set the pot becaause rays were coming through the ceiling!!!

Red Admiral is spot on,

Mani-q or any gel for that matter would not cause your nails to drop off, if it did we would have no business as everyones nails would drop off!

Look at your procedure, what are you doing?

proper prep?
gel storage?
brush storage?
proper removal?
PROPER PROCEDURE?

Your nails do not breathe, I have personally been wearing Enhancements and gel overlays, (french, coloured, glitter) since I was 16 and my nails have never suffocated and all 20 Nails are happy healthy Nails.

Contact your Nearest Trainer and maybe ask to have another look at your procedure, Young nails are now running a fab workshop called Party Feet, maybe have a go at that?

xxx

Latest posts

Back