Help applying Minx with a single picture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemied

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first question to you all! I have spent ages reading everybody elses threads and found it so interesting & helpfull.
I recently completed Minx training as an add on to a one 2 one day with a Creative educator. Therefore I only did one set and that was on my own toes, and was with help (the black with white spots)! Last night I Minxed my daughters toes in silver and they came out really well, so I am very pleased with myself! I have ordered the navy blue anchors for my sister in law, that she would like applied to her liquid and powder extensions. The problem is it looks as though you almost have to apply these ones tip first as the anchor is on the end, is this right? Also would I have to round the free edge of her nail after application to match the rounded end of the Minx instead of having to file the excess Minx off?? It seems as though she has picked a very fiddley design for one of my first sets! Any help would be appreciated xx

Hi all, this is my first question to you all! I have spent ages reading everybody elses threads and found it so interesting & helpfull.
I recently completed Minx training as an add on to a one 2 one day with a Creative educator. Therefore I only did one set and that was on my own toes, and was with help (the black with white spots)! Last night I Minxed my daughters toes in silver and they came out really well, so I am very pleased with myself! I have ordered the navy blue anchors for my sister in law, that she would like applied to her liquid and powder extensions. The problem is it looks as though you almost have to apply these ones tip first as the anchor is on the end, is this right? Also would I have to round the free edge of her nail after application to match the rounded end of the Minx instead of having to file the excess Minx off?? It seems as though she has picked a very fiddley design for one of my first sets! Any help would be appreciated xx

Lol. It's not so difficult really. :hug:

Line your Minx up with the nail while still on the card and guage where you will need to trim it to fit the length. Apply as usual and file off any excess along the shape of the natural toenail.

Well done with your daughter's toes and welcome to thesalongeek HTH

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply Geeg, I am honoured that you are the first person to reply to my first thread!

I have realised where I am going wrong I assumed that the anchors are meant to sit at the free edge of the nail, so they are the right way round to anybody looking at your nails! I have just googled images of the anchors on nails and realised the anchors sit at the cuticle. This makes so much more sense, I was about to give up on pictures and only offer patterns or plain colours! Without your reply I would never have realised this! xx

I remember being in awe too when Geeg replied to my first post! :green: She's a star...
Sometimes just the reassurance you are doing something right gives you the confidence to 'get it right'! :hug:

Latest posts

Back