HELP bikini Wax Nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrenchQueen

Reaction score
OMG Today I tried a new salon for my bikini was and now i'm i'm in extreme pain and it hurts to walk. It looks like she has taken the top layer off my skin It's swollen weeping and it hurts so bad. I have had many a bikini wax and never experienced this before. I know this is so not right.Why did this happen? I will definatly be calling to complain first thing tomorow.
but I dont know what to do to it now though..
Is there something I should put on it??
Any hepl and advice would be GREATLY appreciated :cry::cry::cry:

I think I'll just be sucking it up and getting my boss to wax me in the future lol

Ouch poor you. I would definitely go back to the salon and let them see. I would also go and see a doctor if you are in pain.
Sometimes this happens if you are on certain medication, reaction to wax, poor hygiene, badly trained therapist. There are various factors to take into consideration.
As for the soreness you could try sudocrem. Tea tree cream is also very soothing. I would try leaving your underwear off if you can.
Go back to the salon as soon as you can and see what they say.
Let us know how you get on x

The same thing happened to me not so long ago. It was horrendous. I went to the hospital A+E and like Angelina said, they also said sudocrem, (the baby nappy rash creme). I got a big tub and slathered it on and it got better. Leave off your underwear and go commando too! Hope it gets better quickly :hug:

Ouch!!! You could also try and keep a cold damp cloth on the area should help soothe it a little! And to agree keep your underwear off as this could irritate the area more. Definately need to inform the salon let us know how you get on xxx

as been suggested, go to the Gp as it sounds like you have been burnt this will need to be assessed and depending on what he/she thinks you may need a prescription cream that will have an antiseptic and healing remedy.

It would also be a vgood idea to notify the salon vial letter and by yourself.

Hope you get better soon

You poor thing!! Sounds like they didn't perform enough of a stretch on the skin and it has literally ripped your skin off!

Really you should go to a Drs and as you may need antibiotics as a preventative measure in case the area gets infected. Also, they might be able to give you something to apply topically to soothe and reduce the pain/inflammation. I'd be VERY wary of putting any creams that you may have at home on it as the top layer of skin has been removed and you may get an infection.

You should try and either go to the salon and report it to someone, or if you can't do this, get photos and document when you had the treatment, when you went to the GP, when it was reported to the salon etc as you may want to file a claim against them if they are not sympathetic.

Last edited:
Ouch!
Did they use strip wax?

Put Savlon on (medicated) and if it doesn't feel better in 24hrs, see your doc.

Try non strip wax in future.....much gentler as it only sticks to the hair and not the skin.

Thanks
It's still pretty sore but is feeling much better.I didn't put any creams on it as the skin was very raw. I just took some anti inflammatory tablets to try get the swelling down.
She didn't use strip wax just the normal kind you use for bikini's. It definatly wasn't too hot either, It just seemed like she was having a hard tme getting it off. It was just coming off in pieces and not the whole piece of wax. Also she didn't use powder or anything before applying the wax. I will call them shortly and let you all know what they have said.

ice packs are very good at reducing swelling as well as having a slightly anaesthetic effect. When you find your next waxer ask if they use oil under the wax rather than talc; had she used oil she could have gone over the same area several times with little ill effect, and the wax would not have stuck to the skin.
When you ring them you might want to suggest that this is a training issue for the therapist concerned, and that the manager has a duty of care to the clients to ensure that her therapists are up to the job. It may be that the therapist has been "encouraged" into performing intimate waxing when she hasn't been trained in it, or has expressed her reticence about it.
Put your concerns in writing as well as phoning; this way you're absolutely covered.

I called them and spoke to the owner she said to come in and she would have a look. I got there and she wasn't even there so the therapist that did it had a look. Of course she wasn't going to admit that she'd messed up. She actually told me I just had a rash and that the swelling was caused by that. Even when I pointed right to the strips where my skin used to be. No explanation no apology and her employer didn't even care enough to be there. I'm so mad. I know it's not a rash but what more can I do.

Hope you are feeling better today. I can't believe how blase some people can be!
I would take some photos and go and see a doctor so that it is documented.
If it was me, i would insist on speaking to the salon owner and tell her that you are not happy with the service you received and if you still have no joy then i would report them.
If i had left someone in that state i would be absolutely mortified and would be apologising profusely.
We can all make mistakes but it's how we deal with them. I'm not saying she's a bad therapist but to have that attitude is appalling.
It's not like you've never had a bikini wax before, so you know something wasn't right.
Get everything written down and maybe get someone to go in with you 1-for moral support and 2-as a witness.
I would also write down everything that she did when doing the treatment.
Did you actually say a time that you would be going back when you spoke to the owner?
Give them another call or just go back in and insist on speaking to the owner.

Last edited:
Yes I actually spoke to the owner and arranged to go back at a specific time. I was expecting to see her.
I am off to the doctor before work today as I have been up half the night with ice on it.
it's the craziest thing I think I'm now having an allergic reaction to it or something it swelled up again and gave me this super super itchy hive like rash that itched down to my knees. I so didn't think it could get worse but apparantly I was wrong. I think I'm just going to grow an 80's style bush from now on.
I am just upset that the therapist and the owner don't seem to care. I have worked in salons for 6 years. I have made mistakes but I have always owned up to it and tried to make it better. I assumed other salons were the same.

I'm afraid there are some very unscupulous people out there.
You didn't put the ice directly on the skin did you? It should be wrapped in some cotton or a tea towel.
Well if you arranged a time to go back and she wasn't there then i would report them.
I don't know the procedure in your country but as you've worked in salons then you will know where to go.:)
Make sure you take pics, get a doctors note and get better!
I don't know if you have sudocrem over there but ask your doctor. It is used to put on babies with nappy rash so can be used on split or weeping skin and it does help.
Let us know how you get on and good luck x

Latest posts

Back