Help! Black dots on ends of pro salon hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I admire the work of the techs here, sometimes I feel uneasy at the extension threads here.

As much as I admire the work of the techs here, sometimes I feel uneasy at the extension threads here.

Yes and I have commented quiet a lot on this thread so is that aimed at me?

Louisa is stating as fact that all "remy human hair" is not remy except for 3 named brands and repeating things she has been told by suppliers and dismissing the experience of the rest of us who have at times received and used hair with black dots with no problems long term (6-12 months) Our experience of using the hair with black dots is relevant and should count for something.

Sellers of hair extensions are the most unreliable sources of information and there are many threads on here of people getting ripped off by similar sellers that Louisa is telling us to trust for information.

I'm uneasy with the lack of regulation regarding the sale of hair extensions. Hair colours are all tested and certified so you don't have this problem. Half the hair extension courses that are accredited are complete rubbish too.

I'm uneasy replying to this thread because it looks so childish but if no one states the opposite argument to Louisa then next time someone googles "black dots and hair extensions" this thread will come up with only Louisa's view. It's important for anyone reading this thread to hear both arguments. There are several hair extension suppliers stalking this forum either under their real business names or pretending to be customers.. Non of them have commented... I bet they don't know half of what happens to their hair during manufacturing so how are we the techs supposed to know? I have only heard what I know from networking, it shouldn't be this way but it is for hair extensions techs.

And back to Louisa's question "why can't we recreate the black dots with our irons" I'm going to try myself, and speak to the friend who has visited factories in China and find out if it's just the iron being too hot or the iron and what ever products they use on the hair combined as it surely can't be the roots if they're present in the trimmed keratin tips - they should have been trimmed off?

I hope for the day there's some regulation but until then there's a lot of grey.

I saw a halo 2 years ago it was about 40-50% black dots. Maybe they cut them off now. It would make sense for them to do so since people are becoming wise to it

Sorry only just seen this. I never noticed black dots on halos but hardly ever used them as they felt like goat hair they were awful.

No no no I haven't said only 3 brands are remy come on that's a huge Mis read lol I haven't mentioned my own brand for a start (which has no black dots ;) )

No no no I haven't said only 3 brands are remy come on that's a huge Mis read lol I haven't mentioned my own brand for a start (which has no black dots ;) )

I hope that is a joke? You have miss read everyone else's comments and now you state you do infact sell hair extensions.....

Ive answered why it can last a while, because some of the coatings are awesome. And a lot of the time the hair won't be 100% combings (I.e approx 50% black dots) but will have somewhere between 5-15% combings (so between 2.5-7.5% black dots, which is what we see everywhere). Imagine a modest supplier order of £25000, if they put even 5% fallen hair in at the factory they've saved themselves a tidy little sum and profited £1250 that they shouldn't have but easily can. And most suppliers just buy and sell they aren't blessed with all the knowledge just because they sell them, same way we aren't blessed with all the knowledge as soon as we start fitting. You know how the Chinese in particular like to tell us one thing when they know it's another, if they can make up 10% of their product with waste coated in silicon then a lot of them are going to take that chance. Hair with only 2.5-7.5% of hairs with removed cuticle the wrong way up aren't going to affect the overall longevity of the hair so it can last even when it's got the roots, but they should be one of the first things you look for

But it will be falling to pieces those black dots will crumble off, it's not the same thing that's on the ends of cheap extensions. You'll notice the good brands like great lengths, remi cachet, extension professional, they will not have any black dots on the ends because they are cuticle correct hair

I took this to mean you only thought those brands had real remy hair sorry.

I hope that is a joke? You have miss read everyone else's comments and now you state you do infact sell hair extensions.....

No no jokes here, I haven't mis read anything. Ive been told many times in this thread that combings are not used and that it is sensationalist PSML etc etc, ive answered every point raised... What have I Mis read?? And what has me selling got to do with anything im not here under my business name and I'm not trying to sell to you guys? But ive never said only 3 brands of hair are remy lol

Ive answered why it can last a while, because some of the coatings are awesome. And a lot of the time the hair won't be 100% combings (I.e approx 50% black dots) but will have somewhere between 5-15% combings (so between 2.5-7.5% black dots, which is what we see everywhere). Imagine a modest supplier order of £25000, if they put even 5% fallen hair in at the factory they've saved themselves a tidy little sum and profited £1250 that they shouldn't have but easily can. And most suppliers just buy and sell they aren't blessed with all the knowledge just because they sell them, same way we aren't blessed with all the knowledge as soon as we start fitting. You know how the Chinese in particular like to tell us one thing when they know it's another, if they can make up 10% of their product with waste coated in silicon then a lot of them are going to take that chance. Hair with only 2.5-7.5% of hairs with removed cuticle the wrong way up aren't going to affect the overall longevity of the hair so it can last even when it's got the roots, but they should be one of the first things you look for

That's a little different to earlier posts. You have given me the impression you thought all 100% of the hair was from combings. No doubt you will be telling us about your brand soon anyway... I do wonder how many of the geeks on here for extensions are actually suppliers.

I took this to mean you only thought those brands had real remy hair sorry.

Ok no problem lol they're just examples of good brands, there are more, fabulong, remi couture, and so on :)

Last edited:
No no jokes here, I haven't mis read anything. Ive been told many times in this thread that combings are not used and that it is sensationalist PSML etc etc, ive answered every point raised... What have I Mis read?? And what has me selling got to do with anything im not here under my business name and I'm not trying to sell to you guys? But ive never said only 3 brands of hair are remy lol

Again you're misquoting. Let's put it to bed hey. There's at least 3 pages of us repeating ourselves no need to carry on,

That's a little different to earlier posts. You have given me the impression you thought all 100% of the hair was from combings. No doubt you will be telling us about your brand soon anyway... I do wonder how many of the geeks on here for extensions are actually suppliers.

Well I haven't given that impression on purpose ive just said black dots are roots and kept repeating that. And no lol after the attitude you lot give me Im hardly going to try and sell to you am I haha

Again you're misquoting. Let's put it to bed hey. There's at least 3 pages of us repeating ourselves no need to carry on,

I'm not Mis quoting that's exactly what's been said to me in this thread all to see

I have inboxed you so this thread doesn't keep getting bumped to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back