Help! Black dots on ends of pro salon hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can see is suppliers of waste hair? Are you suggesting we ask the sellers? Not being funny but I recently bought some virgin Indian "double drawn" hair and it's so thin in the ends (picture attached) excuse my slippers!

When I brought this to the attention of the seller and sent this picture showing his hair next to some processed single drawn hair I have he came up will all manner of excuses do I wouldn't believe a word these sellers said. Here's some of the explanations..

I sold you virgin remy hair, the hair in your picture is not remy (he knew this from a picture)

Colouring the hair thickens it, virgin hair is thinner ( not this much thicker!)

Indian women's pony tails grow naturally like this - your hair is processed ( again I pointed out he charged me extra for double drawn which suggests the short hairs have been removed)

I went as far to ask does double drawn mean something slightly different in Indian but the man was very rude and dismissive to me telling me I knew nothing about hair extensions ...... Come to think of it he sounded a bit like you Louisa.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423306739.561818.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423306777.400466.jpg

Not to take sides but once I watched a documentary on hair extensions. It was why some model would never use them. Now I don't know if it's 100% true but this is what she blocked it down to.

method 1.

Donations. A lot of people sell their hair. Russian hair tends to be filled with these donations of selled hair. They tend to come from villages. And the people who sell their hair are paid around $50usd (or a price like that) for a full head from what they were saying.

method 2.

Combing. No need to explain.

method 3.

Religious sacrifice. Apparently a lot of women in budhist temples give up their hair to raise funds for their temples. We then purchase the hair. generally these are indian or asian so they tend to have to be lightened and then re coloured making them not as good quality as Russian (which apparently isn't tinted).

method 4.

Black market. Unfortunately some people put money over other people if at all.

method 5.

Blended with horse hair. Poor horses with their naked tails.

Now i'm not saying this is true or the only methods. But what I'm saying is that there are probably some good methods of harvesting hair and bad methods. Think about it. The amount of people willing to donate versing the demand seems unrealistic.

:/

No one is saying extensions are not made from waste hair or horse hair infact. The argument has been if the black dots mean it's none remy hair.

All I can see is suppliers of waste hair? Are you suggesting we ask the sellers? Not being funny but I recently bought some virgin Indian "double drawn" hair and it's so thin in the ends (picture attached) excuse my slippers!

When I brought this to the attention of the seller and sent this picture showing his hair next to some processed single drawn hair I have he came up will all manner of excuses do I wouldn't believe a word these sellers said. Here's some of the explanations..

I sold you virgin remy hair, the hair in your picture is not remy (he knew this from a picture)

Colouring the hair thickens it, virgin hair is thinner ( not this much thicker!)

Indian women's pony tails grow naturally like this - your hair is processed ( again I pointed out he charged me extra for double drawn which suggests the short hairs have been removed)

I went as far to ask does double drawn mean something slightly different in Indian but the man was very rude and dismissive to me telling me I knew nothing about hair extensions ...... Come to think of it he sounded a bit like you Louisa.

View attachment 82099View attachment 82100

Ive shown you people selling Combed hair, what do you think they are selling it for, yes I do suggest you ask the sellers!!! Ive had enough of this now

There are probably hundreds of reasons why those dots can form. I don't think it's really a black and white thing. I don't even understand why there is such a big argument over this.

It makes sense if it's silocone.
It makes sense if it's hair colour.
It makes sense if it's a follicle (suggesting nit cuticle correct) from combing. In fact it makes sense if it is the cuticle due to the heavy colour process extensions go through.
It could be anything. Without going under the microscope/scentifically testing the hair we won't know.

Ive shown you people selling Combed hair, what do you think they are selling it for, yes I do suggest you ask the sellers!!! Ive had enough of this now

You've got to realise that not all sellers purchase this hair. From what I have researched you get what you pay for. Cheap price equals cheap resources. And besides I personally don't have an issue with combed hair (though it's kind of gross) because at least it's not causing traumatic or physical harm.

Ofcourse there is none remy hair in the world no one is disputing this, but all none remy hair doesn't have black dots and black dots don't mean it's none remy.

You are saying all hair with black dots is none remy. Proving Indians sell none remy hair does nothing to prove your point about black dots.

Most of what your saying doesn't make sense and you can't quote these Indian sellers as reliable sources.

Now I've googled a little. here is what I found. These are the first few googles pages and I'm not saying the internet is 100% true because these are just people comments and some official sites but it's a possibility;

Non Remy Hair: Non Remy hair is processed human hair or synthetic hair. Companies may add heavy chemicals to it and it can even come from hair salon clippings. This hair does not look as natural or last as long. This hair is not very silky and smooth when compared to the above remy hair. Because hair sheds naturally, you will find black dots on the end of hair when you put the hair on a white background. Many manufacturers sell this hair as remy hair. They cut off the black dots, if you can check it carefully on both ends, you will find see the hair is Non Remy. Another way to test the quality is to wash and style. The non remy hair will be frizzy, dry and broken easily after just a few times
source: LOVELY REMY

Non-Remy hair:

This hair is not very silky and smooth when compared to the above Remy hair. Because the hair has not shed naturally, you will find black dots on the end of hair when you put the hair on a white background. Many manufactures sell this hair as Remy hair. They cut off the black dots, if you can check it carefully on both ends, you will find see the hair is non-Remy. Another way to test the quality is to wash and style. The non-Remy hair will be frizzy, dry and broken easily after just a few times.
source: https://hairextensionsfactory.wordpress.com/

Low-grade is often made from balls of hair found at a dump, having been removed from a woman's hairbrush and placed in the bin. At best it's non-cutically correct and messed up (hairs placed the wrong way round...look out for little black 'dots' on the ends of hair, that's usually the roots of the hair, processed by someone dodgy), and coated with silicone to make it look nice.
source: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055630232

I have said my thoughts on "google" and Indian sellers. Lots of people have commented their experience of hair with black dots lasting 6-12 months.

I used to think the black dots indicated none remy hair but I don't believe that to be true anymore

This is my last post on this thread as I have nothing extra to add.

There are probably hundreds of reasons why those dots can form. I don't think it's really a black and white thing. I don't even understand why there is such a big argument over this.

It makes sense if it's silocone.
It makes sense if it's hair colour.
It makes sense if it's a follicle (suggesting nit cuticle correct) from combing. In fact it makes sense if it is the cuticle due to the heavy colour process extensions go through.
It could be anything. Without going under the microscope/scentifically testing the hair we won't know.

I agree it could be so many different things. I have had it on hair before and the hair was gorgeous. It lasted over the stated time the supplier said. It wouldn't bother me if I got it on every batch. The hair was cuticle correct to.

Well earlier on no one beleived there was any combed hair in hair extensions and the only reason most of you could come up with was that it must have been PLUCKED from the head to have a root on it lol. If the black dot is stuck on and won't pull off its a root, every time. Colour deposits and damaged burnt hair would pull/wash off. Only other thing it will be is lice egg which again will pull off easily. Roots are the only black dots stuck there solidly. You guys don't even beleive most hair has the cuticle removed Psml im wasting my time trying to explain aren't i. Hopefully one day you'll be lucky enough to visit the factories you use and see for your own eyes what they do. Which is remove cuticle, colour hair like its fabric, then coat in silicone oils, some of which are really, really strong. It makes sense for them to research into long lasting coatings because they can take a cheap or free waste product and sell it as something we can use and even think is 'lovely' lol they make a ton of money doing what they do you should be suspicious of them not me I'm not trying to sell you anything. Honestly guys it is NOT colour or razor lol it's just roots

Personally I would say that the 'dots' are the the hair bulb due to the way that it a) appears darker than the hair shaft, b) the size and bulbous shape, and c) then positioning (the only simularity I know is due to heat styling essentially boiling the strand which would be apparent along the shaft)

Can't see how it could be caused my anything else such as dyes and polymers myself but I'm open to ideas x

Well earlier on no one beleived there was any combed hair in hair extensions and the only reason most of you could come up with was that it must have been PLUCKED from the head to have a root on it lol. If the black dot is stuck on and won't pull off its a root, every time. Colour deposits and damaged burnt hair would pull/wash off. Only other thing it will be is lice egg which again will pull off easily. Roots are the only black dots stuck there solidly. You guys don't even beleive most hair has the cuticle removed Psml im wasting my time trying to explain aren't i. Hopefully one day you'll be lucky enough to visit the factories you use and see for your own eyes what they do. Which is remove cuticle, colour hair like its fabric, then coat in silicone oils, some of which are really, really strong. It makes sense for them to research into long lasting coatings because they can take a cheap or free waste product and sell it as something we can use and even think is 'lovely' lol they make a ton of money doing what they do you should be suspicious of them not me I'm not trying to sell you anything. Honestly guys it is NOT colour or razor lol it's just roots

Breaking my word by posting again but...

No one said they didn't use waste hair for none remy extensions. We all know the cheap clip ins for £30 are none remy brush hair. You are acting like we were denying the existence of none remy extensions and we were not.

The argument was that people had used remy hair with black dots and you insisted it must have been none remy despite it lasting a year . Read back what people have said.

I do know that halos are none remy but advertise themselves as remy. No black dots as it happens.

Actually no one said you were wrong about the hair balls. They said that for this set it (supposedly) shouldn't be the case because it's supposed to be Remy.
You can actually scrape the root off the hair strand with your finger nail. Not sure if it works for acrylics. Test it on a loose strand.
No one has denied the chemical process.
You are trying to sell something. The fact that you know better then everyone because you have been to a factory which makes you (supposedly) superior. The fact is it's not black and white. You don't know if the OP's hair is Remy or not because you don't have it under a microscope. Stop making a fool of yourself, please.

Actually no one said you were wrong about the hair balls. They said that for this set it (supposedly) shouldn't be the case because it's supposed to be Remy.
You can actually scrape the root off the hair strand with your finger nail. Not sure if it works for acrylics. Test it on a loose strand.
No one has denied the chemical process.
You are trying to sell something. The fact that you know better then everyone because you have been to a factory which makes you (supposedly) superior. The fact is it's not black and white. You don't know if the OP's hair is Remy or not because you don't have it under a microscope. Stop making a fool of yourself, please.

Sorry Amberext and tomtomorrow both said how can it be roots it's not plucked. And that combings don't contain long hairs and so on. How come nobody agreed with that till I posted the link, now they all suddenly agree it is used? Ive never said im superior, but it's clear I know a lot more than MOST people commenting on this thread. They're saying the hair can't have the cuticle removed too? It's them making fools of themselves im just stating the truth hair with black dots on the end isn't cuticle correct no matter if it lasts a few months that just means it's coated well. What am I trying to sell lol?!

And what's wih all the microscope talk, you're the 2nd or 3rd person to mention microscope, you wouldn't need a microscope to know if it was cuticle correct or not

Breaking my word by posting again but...

No one said they didn't use waste hair for none remy extensions. We all know the cheap clip ins for £30 are none remy brush hair. You are acting like we were denying the existence of none remy extensions and we were not.

The argument was that people had used remy hair with black dots and you insisted it must have been none remy despite it lasting a year . Read back what people have said.

I do know that halos are none remy but advertise themselves as remy. No black dots as it happens.

I saw a halo 2 years ago it was about 40-50% black dots. Maybe they cut them off now. It would make sense for them to do so since people are becoming wise to it

Personally I would say that the 'dots' are the the hair bulb due to the way that it a) appears darker than the hair shaft, b) the size and bulbous shape, and c) then positioning (the only simularity I know is due to heat styling essentially boiling the strand which would be apparent along the shaft)

Can't see how it could be caused my anything else such as dyes and polymers myself but I'm open to ideas x

Yeah they are, don't know why these guys won't accept it lol, maybe they don't want to admit they've been fooled, anyhow this was totally not the response I was expecting after giving such helpful (and easily confirmable) information

I'm not a hairdresser but if hairdressers tell me that removing the cuticle would destroy the hair then that is good enough for me.

I have also checked my hair brush. I can't see any roots on the hairs so if there are some hairs with roots or bulbs or whatever on them then there can't be many.

When I have received hair with black dots on there have been dots on almost every strand! Suggesting that all of them must be roots or bulbs according to your theory.

Sorry, I just can't buy into the old school theory you are repeating. It doesn't stand up to being dissected. I did used to believe the black dots were roots but now I don't. I changed my mind due to things i have seen and talking to people who have visited the factories themselves and seen the black dots form from the hair irons.

Maybe there was a product applied before the hot irons - that I don't know, but I was definitely the irons causing the black dots.

I have ordered from China before and had black dots on some hair in the order but not all the hair which also supports the "hot iron" theory as if the whole order was none remy their would be black dots on all of it.

Finally and this is the most important point, there were also black dots on the ends of the hair in the keratin U tip. The tips are trimmed then tipped so how could you still have a bulb or root after trimming them? It's the iron.

So why can't our irons make the dots?

I'm not a hairdresser but if hairdressers tell me that removing the cuticle would destroy the hair then that is good enough for me.

I have also checked my hair brush. I can't see any roots on the hairs so if there are some hairs with roots or bulbs or whatever on them then there can't be many.

When I have received hair with black dots on there have been dots on almost every strand! Suggesting that all of them must be roots or bulbs according to your theory.

Sorry, I just can't buy into the old school theory you are repeating. It doesn't stand up to being dissected. I did used to believe the black dots were roots but now I don't. I changed my mind due to things i have seen and talking to people who have visited the factories themselves and seen the black dots form from the hair irons.

Maybe there was a product applied before the hot irons - that I don't know, but I was definitely the irons causing the black dots.

I have ordered from China before and had black dots on some hair in the order but not all the hair which also supports the "hot iron" theory as if the whole order was none remy their would be black dots on all of it.

Finally and this is the most important point, there were also black dots on the ends of the hair in the keratin U tip. The tips are trimmed then tipped so how could you still have a bulb or root after trimming them? It's the iron.

Maybe ask a hairdresser how many hairs we naturally shed each day, since hairdressers' knowledge is good enough for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back