Help! Boss sending me on a nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoxieLadie

Reaction score
Hi Ladie's & Gent's
im already a qualified hairdresser working in a salon, but my boss is sending me on some two day nail course. Using Gel, Acrylic, Fiber glass etc and im really scared im going to bob it all up... any advice would be great. thanks xx

Hi Ladie's & Gent's
im already a qualified hairdresser working in a salon, but my boss is sending me on some two day nail course. Using Gel, Acrylic, Fiber glass etc and im really scared im going to bob it all up... any advice would be great. thanks xx

How can you learn, gel, acrylic and fibreglass in 2 days?
You sure it's not longer?

But anyways good luck, starting a new course is always nerve wracking but you'll soon find your way. :)

How can you learn, gel, acrylic and fibreglass in 2 days?
You sure it's not longer?

But anyways good luck, starting a new course is always nerve wracking but you'll soon find your way. :)

I really don't know if im purely honest with you.. absolutely bobbin it lol

Sad they actually think it is actually that easy!

Sad they actually think it is actually that easy!
I don't think it's easy at all, but the paper work ive been shown with dates of the courses says two days :/ I think its a bit of a smack in the mouth to you girls that have trained to do nails over a long period of time. it would only be like me trying to train you as a hairdresser in two days it cant possibly happen... I don't know :rolleyes:

I don't think it's easy at all, but the paper work ive been shown with dates of the courses says two days :/ I think its a bit of a smack in the mouth to you girls that have trained to do nails over a long period of time. it would only be like me trying to train you as a hairdresser in two days it cant possibly happen... I don't know :rolleyes:

You are unfortunately being put into an awkward position by your boss, particularly if she believes you will be able to do full sets after two days of training. You have my sympathy!

Oh dear! You poor thing x

You are not going to learn all you need in two days but this is not your fault hun, all you can do is your best. However if your boss thinks she is going to get good quality training for her staff in two days she is in for a shock xxx

I was meaning sad that your boss thinks it's actually that easy .. She'll probably expect you to be productive as soon as you return as well. Mind you, hairdressers make very good nail technicians in the long run.

Yep just do your very very best luv, thats what i tell my teenagers before exams etc, you can do no more. :hug:

Oh Hun I feel for you, last year I paid out a lot of money for a three day intensive Course for manicure/pedicure and acrylics, I paid extra to do a nvq 2 in nail services but that is just me completing a portfolio and studying from my at home, once I finished I felt lost... As acrylics are very very hard to master, a year on and I still have trouble with the nails popping off or cracking... I have had to spend pain staken hours watching online videos and reading up, your boss needs to understand she would be much better off employing a qualified nail tech. It would be a burden too you by only going for them two days as there's so much involved ... Perhaps show her these replies because like you say a hairdresser couldn't be trained in two days.. Good luck babe

Latest posts

Back