Help chemo/allopecia (sp) and eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennaLashes

Reaction score
Hi everyone

bit of a sticky situation.

I have two clients in for eyelash extensions booked in today, they have just called asking if it is okay to have eyelash extensions as one is suffering from alleopica(sp) and the other is underging chemo!?

my first reaction is to say no, however the ladies have started that it is early stages of allepiaca and lashes have not been affected. and the chemo lady has said she had her last lot of chemo in december..... im still unsure and wanted to know what fellow geeks thought?

thanks!

Hi everyone

bit of a sticky situation.

I have two clients in for eyelash extensions booked in today, they have just called asking if it is okay to have eyelash extensions as one is suffering from alleopica(sp) and the other is underging chemo!?

my first reaction is to say no, however the ladies have started that it is early stages of allepiaca and lashes have not been affected. and the chemo lady has said she had her last lot of chemo in december..... im still unsure and wanted to know what fellow geeks thought?

thanks!

I would ring up your trainer and insurance provider for correct advise.

My gut is telling me that the chemo patient should be fine as her last chemo was 4 months ago.
The alopecia suffer - if the are having issues with their hair then me personally would be reluctant to out EE on. It's just extra stress on their eye lashes, and I wouldn't want to be the one to make them fall out. I would do it if their alopecia was localised to just one area, like a patch on there head.

However, what I would do is meaningless really. You need to ask your training provider and insurance provider. Follow what they say.

We advise to wait 6 months after a course of chemo before applying eyelash extensions.

Alopcia you may find their lashes weak sparse or nom existent I would only apply very light lashes such as 0.10 or 0.15 and keep them short as to not draw attention to gaps she may have

Latest posts

Back