Help choosing Nail Course Glasgow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missbehavin2010

Reaction score
Hey can anyone tell me the best place to train as a nail tech in Glasgow i heard NSI are good but wondered if anyone knows of anywherelse that it better...Much appreciated...
I will probably be getting some funding so it will need to be somewhere that accepts ILA etc...

Gillian x :Love:

Last edited by a moderator:
i am a young nails girl through and through could not see me using another product, go onto there website www.youngnails.co.uk :biggrin:

How lucky are you ... you have CND on your doorstep at the Fingertips Centre.
0131 33 33180 best training in Scotland never mind Glasgow!! lol Plus you get to train with CND products right from the start!!

I wish I had the Fingertips center on my doorstep, you won't find beter training anywhere IMO.
:hug:

Does anyone know if the fingertips centre takes ILA? and how much any of their courses are? :biggrin:

xxx

NSI accept ILA
CND only accept Princes Trust

Glasgow College of Commerce do a 10wk NQ Unit in Acrylic Nails for £60 or you can use ILA (evening course)...check their webpage for details

hope this helps :)

Does anyone know if the fingertips centre takes ILA? and how much any of their courses are? :biggrin:

xxx

CND only take princes trust towards payment of the course

call fingertips for more info but you're looking at 5

However, I know that the Fingertips Centre is going through the process of becoming a centre that can take ILA so check with them to make sure.
01313333180 x

However, I know that the Fingertips Centre is going through the process of becoming a centre that can take ILA so check with them to make sure.
01313333180 x

I did only call them this week (Tues) and they said they weren't taking ILA

so best to definately try and call them to see if they accept ILA

If they've changed their process and can take ILA please someone let me know, thanks

Hey can anyone tell me the best place to train as a nail tech in Glasgow i heard NSI are good but wondered if anyone knows of anywherelse that it better...Much appreciated...
I will probably be getting some funding so it will need to be somewhere that accepts ILA etc...

Gillian x

Gillian, NSI are in Hillington and CND are based in Edinburgh
If i recall my conversation with CND the other day you do 2mnths of 1day in edinburgh then on the 3rd month you do 3 full days to give plenty of time for practise

apologies if i get this slightly wrong but it's on my notes at work

Pxx

Last edited by a moderator:
NSI accept ILA
CND only accept Princes Trust

Glasgow College of Commerce do a 10wk NQ Unit in Acrylic Nails for £60 or you can use ILA (evening course)...check their webpage for details

hope this helps :)

To gain insurance though you will have to do more than just this course at Central College. NQ Unit in Acrylic Nails doesn't teach anatomy of the nail so you would also have to do NQ Unit in Manicure. I think you will also have to do the HN Unit in Artificial Nails Extensions.

School of Beauty, Sports and Health - Course Listing

I did NQ Nail Care, as it was called then, at Central College. It was quite good. I also started NQ Nail Extensions but decided if I wanted to continue down the nail enhancement route college wasn't for me. It was quite a big class and for me 3 hours at a time with a 20 minute break wouldn't be enough time each week for me to get right into it.

HTH Lx

Personally though, I would choose CND at the Fingertips Centre

Do CND take ILA? I am thinking in doing the acrylic foundation course with NSI,Is this a good course to start with? Just want a good one that takes ILA even if i have to pay extra to it

xx

To gain insurance though you will have to do more than just this course at Central College. NQ Unit in Acrylic Nails doesn't teach anatomy of the nail so you would also have to do NQ Unit in Manicure. I think you will also have to do the HN Unit in Artificial Nails Extensions.

School of Beauty, Sports and Health - Course Listing

I did NQ Nail Care, as it was called then, at Central College. It was quite good. I also started NQ Nail Extensions but decided if I wanted to continue down the nail enhancement route college wasn't for me. It was quite a big class and for me 3 hours at a time with a 20 minute break wouldn't be enough time each week for me to get right into it.

HTH Lx

Personally though, I would choose CND at the Fingertips Centre

Thanx L...I'm new to this whole nail thing LOL

My thoughts are to try the college based course to see if I want to progress further at a later date to CND or NSI when I've saved up

I'll give it a go and see what happens

Thanx Pxx

Thanx L...I'm new to this whole nail thing LOL

My thoughts are to try the college based course to see if I want to progress further at a later date to CND or NSI when I've saved up

I'll give it a go and see what happens

Thanx Pxx

That's what I did. Central College used to do a Saturday gel class. I did that first to see if I would like it.

If I were you I'd definitely do the Manicure unit too and you will be able to use your ILA for that too.

Hi Everyone,

At the moment, The Fingertips Centre don't accept ILA funding. We are going through the process to be able to accept ILA but as this is a goverment organisation it could take sometime.

As it has been mentioned before - a good organisation to contact is The Princes Trust. They have helped many of our students out before.

If anyone wants information about any of our courses please don't hesitiate to contact us on 0131 333 3180 - we are here to help.

There is also the Caledonian therapy academy where i resently finished the Nail Technincian Diploma based in st enoch centre and also sauchiehall st.

http://www.cta

Latest posts

Back