Help, confusing diary! 3 therapists, 2 nail desks, 1 treatment room!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy jojo

Reaction score
I have been on my own for 3 years' recently just took in one new therapist and one nail tech. Looking for any easy ideas of how to run an easy appointment system so we are not double booking rooms and desks! Just using a 5 column appointment book, and don't really want to go to a computer system!!

Many thanks,

Sammy xx

have a column each and then in the other 2 columns have 1 as treatment room and one as nail desk and colour code them then when one of you books one of the rooms put a x in that column for that time in whatever colour you chose for that room. am hoping this makes some kind of sense!!

You could try just having 3 columns, one for each therapist. Record treatments requiring the nail desks in black ink and red ink for the treatment room, then you know in any given timeslot, you can only book in one red treatment. Hope thats of use, it made sense in my head anyways lol xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

I like the colour coded idea if not just use three columns - for the 2 desks and room - and put ya name beside each client booking so you know who will be doing what

I like the colour coded idea if not just use three columns - for the 2 desks and room - and put ya name beside each client booking so you know who will be doing what

Thats a much better idea, then theres no confusion if the red pen goes missing! Xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

have a column each and then in the other 2 columns have 1 as treatment room and one as nail desk and colour code them then when one of you books one of the rooms put a x in that column for that time in whatever colour you chose for that room. am hoping this makes some kind of sense!!

A gym I used to go to did this. The personal trainers had their own column. For every appointment they booked they had to book the work out rooms too.

Thank u so much, that makes it a lot easier! I will try and let u know how I get on :) x

I worked in a salon like this. We had coloured pencils and so would draw a box around the booking, say the treatment room would be blue. Then it was easy to see at a glance if the room was free or not.

I've also worked in a salon where they would put an R with a ring around it if the client requested you, so you could use a T for treatment room xx

Computer route is so much easier when client rearrange or change bookings than a column in my opinion. maybe look into outlook and just make a general calender, add appointments and you can drag and make new appointment- seriously its really basic but easier. When you have a free moment you can log into salon geek hehe! xoxo

I'm obviously biased, but I'd seriously suggest the computerised route here. Once you've told our Premier Spa system what treatments can be done in what room, it simply won't let you double book.

Yes, you can use coloured pencils, and yes, it's probably cheaper to do so, but if your handwriting is anything like mine then you'll start encountering problems! Not to mention having to tippex pen, erase pencil, drawing the wrong colour box around the wrong treatment type..

Personally, I would go down the computer route. If you don't want to invest in any special systems a simple outlook calendar will do the trick. You, each therapist and each treatment space have a calendar, when a therapist books in a treatment they set the appointment to invite themselves and the nail desk/treatment room so that both are booked out. Anyone who goes into the calendar for the treatment space will know at a glance who's using it and when it's free.

Outlook appointments can be colour coded too.

A paper diary could get very messy with this, too much room for error when someone changes/cancels a treatment and someone forgets to cancel it out of the treatment space diary.

Latest posts

Back